February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (12/12)

Re: Weekly Randoms (12/12)

• @lfrank12 i usually wake to pee around 2 or 3 & then its an hour or 2 wide awake which is rubbish. I should probably be thankful that it was much later this morning!
  • Loading the player...
  • @lfrank12 i usually wake to pee around 2 or 3 & then its an hour or 2 wide awake which is rubbish. I should probably be thankful that it was much later this morning!
    DD has been sleeping in (wakeup at 6:30-7ish instead of 5:30-6ish) this week. But my body is still firmly in the 5:30 rut. Not enough time to go back to sleep. At all. Grumble.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

DD has been sleeping in (wakeup at 6:30-7ish instead of 5:30-6ish) this week. But my body is still firmly in the 5:30 rut. Not enough time to go back to sleep. At all. Grumble.
    We're the opposite here. DS used to wake up between 6-7 and lately it's been 5-6. :confounded:
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @Xstatic3333 wtf?! That's awful!! 

Last pregnancy, I didn't know my butt had grown until some time after DS was born and H was like "hey, your butt is back to normal!" Lol. I asked him this morning if it's grown and he said no ;)
  • tishbtishb member
    edited December 2016
    DH said nothing is getting bigger except my belly and my boobs. I don't know if he's serious, or just doesn't want to hurt my feelings.  :D

Also, on the topic of sleeping like crap...I'm kind of over it!
  • Lol @homemake are you supposed to be having a boy? I find it interesting when random moments like that happen. My mom said when one of my brothers was a newborn, some old couple stopped my mom in the parking lot and the man put his hand on my brothers head and blessed him. It's weird what happens at random times.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @homemake that's awesome!! And sorry I can't remember what everyone has said they are having, there's so many of us! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @homemake did you meet Rainman?? ppl are so weird! lol!
  • I gave up coffee/tea/soda when i go ku and now I have gd and don't know what I can have. But you all are making me want a caramel macchiato with soy...
  • @Gretchypoo i had a small sugar free vanilla latte at the weekend & was still ok number wise. Im not a coffee, tea or fizzy drinks person usually but do like a flavoured latte at the weekends & whilst it wasnt quite the same, it was still close enough 
  • @Xstatic3333, what the heck were they thinking,  biggest cow???
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @grapeskittles4lyfe - ugh, I so feel for your DD. Having friends is something I worry about for my DS too.  Hopefully the friend log puts your mind at ease!
  • @grapeskittles4lyfe hopefully its just as her daycare leader says & its a one off! It must be so heartbreaking to hear your child say that so all of the tears would be justified even without all the pregnancy hormones!
    with my nephew its a little different as he speaks mostly german to his daycare leaders with a bit of colloquial english thrown in and then they have no idea what hes saying! 
  • @grapeskittles4lyfe I teared up reading your story, so I can't fault you for being upset in the moment! It sounds like your DD has a great teacher and hopefully today your mind will be put at ease. Hugs!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @grapeskittles4lyfe your story made me so emotional this morning. Her teacher sounds fantastic though! Poor girl, I hope she gets some good playtime next time! 
  • It's not the same @Gretchypoo but when I gave up soda last year to deal with some cravings I got the cans of la croix or the dadani(?) I think fizzy waters. It was a nice change from water. Gave me some fizzy, gave me the soda can feel, etc. but I've always like fizzy water so that is part of it. But that might be something to try! 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @grapeskittles4lyfe it's so hard when we want to always protect our children from being sad or having their feelings hurt. I'm glad her teacher was able to explain why she may have felt that way and that she is usually a social, happy girl at DC. 
  • Just a FYI I couldn't sleep on my stomach for months postpartum because of my organic boob job. 
    ^^^ This I made the mistake of trying it once, woke up with swollen boobs, and mama milk all over my damn sheets. It was lovely. 

On another note, HI GUYS- or rather gals, can I still sit with you???
    Where have you been? We even made a thread for you! 
  • @PerraSucia you just took all the wind out of my sails. 
  • I remember the first time I tried to belly sleep I woke up with hard boobs and giant leaks all over my sheet. I had to put a towel down and go back to sleep on my back. Haha. But once nursing was regulated I could lay on my stomach again at least for a little while. But that wasn't for a few months. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Last night, I went to the grocery store on the way home.  We have been skating by on whatever I could find in the pantry, but we were almost out of TP so I had to go.  Then today, I remembered that we're having a holiday potluck at work tomorrow and I want to make cookies.  Did I get stuff for cookies last night?  Of course not.  So, on the way to the grocery store over lunch, I decided to stop at the wine store because we're also doing a white elephant and alcohol is the favored gift here.  I get to the grocery and remember that they sell wine there now (it's still pretty new in PA).  So, three stops at stores that could have been accomplished with one.  I can't get anything done quickly these days and feel like I'm going crazy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Spicyweiner
    lol I saw and felt so damn special!!! 

• @grapeskittles4lyfe I am totally with you. I would've cried like a baby, too. My heart hurts a little whenever a kid my son is trying to play with reacts with anything but excited enthusiasm-- even if he's totally unfazed. If he came home crying and saying that? I'd be wrecked. Everything is so big and immediate to toddlers that I bet her teacher was right-- it was probably just one afternoon of feeling lonely that made her all upset.