February 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change (12/14)

Anyone still interested in these? I don't see many other days participating anymore. I'll keep posting but just let me know if we want to be done with them :)

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

When is your next appointment? 

Symptom changes? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: Where in the world would you live if money was not a factor?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (12/14)

• 33 weeks! 

Honeydew melon or celery. 

Next Wednesday - just a regular check up. 

Heartburn :(

I'm starting to pack on more weight now and I'm a little nervous about it. I'm hoping WW runs a good special for after the first of the year - they always have good New Years resolution deals. I might sign up and just wait til after baby to start dieting but I always do good on WW. 

New York City
  • How far along are you? 
    34 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Squash

Just had my yesterday

Symptom changes? I feel huge. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I am glad my cold is better, I never want to be sick again while pregnant that is the worst. 

Cruise ship, that way everything is taken care for me and I can travel the world without leaving my home :) I have read their is lady that did this for years as part of her retirement, sounds great. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 30 weeks!!

How big is baby? A really big zucchini (or maybe it's just my grocery store that doesn't carry almost 3lb zucchinis...)

When is your next appointment? Tomorrow. Should be my last 4 week checkup, then on to every 2 weeks.

Symptom changes? It's hard to say if these extra aches and pains are because I'm getting bigger or due to moving. Probably the latter. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I don't think I've felt any braxton hicks yet, is that normal? Also I seem to get lightening crotch when I'm on my feet for a while.

GTKY: Where in the world would you live if money was not a factor? A Caribbean island.  
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• krobkrob member
    edited December 2016
    How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? Asparagus or foam finger, which don't seem to be the same size objects to me. Also the idea of a foam finger inside my body sounds ridiculous. How would that even fit?

When is your next appointment? Next Monday. I am on every 2 weeks now

Symptom changes? Feeling exceptionally pregnant these days. I am working an event today from 11:30-9pm and I am really worried about being able to make it all the way through.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I had a rant and now I can't remember it. So now my rant has turned into pregnancy brain. I can't remember shit!

GTKY: Where in the world would you live if money was not a factor? London for now. But after the election and Brexit, a Caribbean island is begin to sound very tempting...
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • How far along are you? 30 weeks!

How big is baby? Uh... big.  I'm so over the vegetables, yall.

When is your next appointment? It was supposed to be tomorrow, but I have a thing, so I pushed it to Monday afternoon.

Symptom changes? Starting to just feel exhausted all the time.  I'm going to bed pretty regularly at 9:30, when I'm more typically an 11pm kind of girl, and I can't seem to get enough sleep.  So looking forward to being on vacation for the next two weeks!  I'll really need the rest.  And then when I get back, I only have 6 more weeks max before I'm off until the end of May.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Completely NBR, but I am actually AHEAD on grading for the first time all school year, and I like.  Don't know what to do with myself.

GTKY: Where in the world would you live if money was not a factor? I've lived all over the US, and I really love my city.  I don't particularly love the suburb we live in, though.  I'm more of a city girl.  So I'd move back into the city if I had my druthers.  To be honest, money isn't even really a factor - it's more that my husband is extremely averse to change, and he is taking a long time to get used to the idea that we are definitely, definitely going to move before too long.  We've been working on getting our house ready to sell for about a year, and although we have another year's worth of work to do, we're making progress.  We plan to upgrade to our "forever" home in one of the city's residential neighborhoods in about a year.

...but, I mean, if we're talking a real, honest-to-goodness pipe dream?  I'd move to Florence in a heartbeat.  
  • How far along are you? 31 weeks! 

How big is baby? Logical size comparisons seem to be difficult for most websites right now, so we'll go with about 16" long head to toe, and about 3-3.5lbs. 

When is your next appointment? December 19. 32 week appt and TDAP shot. 

Symptom changes? Prego brain is super strong, and about once a week the baby flips and kicks me in the cervix all day. I love the stomach kicks, but these cervix ones are really distracting and make it hard to focus on work. Also, reaching the ground has become really difficult. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Jeans are for the birds. We're an all leggings/all stretchy dresses over here. I tried wearing jeans yesterday and hated myself by 9am. 

GTKY: Where in the world would you live if money was not a factor? I kind of love living right where we do. I wish our house was done and not in the middle of a remodel, so I guess if money weren't a factor, I'd have my husband quit his job and finish our house. 
  • Anyone still interested in these? I don't see many other days participating anymore. I'll keep posting but just let me know if we want to be done with them :)

SITB

Keep doing them! Makes me think about this kiddo more consciously than my usual "oh, yeah, I'm pregnant" also-ran thoughts.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• How far along are you? 
    31 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    An otter (sans tail, apparently)
    Friday. I think after that it's on to every 2 weeks.
    Symptom changes? 
    Kicking a lot more, and in a lot more positions. So, so thirsty. Need to up my hydration game.
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    What is it with the pea-sized bladder? Seriously. I need to go so much lately.
    Hm. On a hobby farm off of Cape Cod. So I could get to the beach but also enjoy proximity to Boston and still have space for donkeys and goats and stuff. Not particularly exotic, but I'm missing Boston today.

• How far along are you? 
    29 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    an acorn squash
    Dec 20th
    Symptom changes? 
    so much brutal back pain. especially around my ribs ugh.  Constantly hungry and thirst. super anxious/moody depressed
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    my life has been a big pile of shit lately. I don't have the emotional energy to get into it all right now though.
    California, or maybe a European country.

• How far along are you? 30 weeks!!

How big is baby? A really big zucchini (or maybe it's just my grocery store that doesn't carry almost 3lb zucchinis...)

When is your next appointment? Tomorrow. Should be my last 4 week checkup, then on to every 2 weeks.

Symptom changes? It's hard to say if these extra aches and pains are because I'm getting bigger or due to moving. Probably the latter. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I don't think I've felt any braxton hicks yet, is that normal? Also I seem to get lightening crotch when I'm on my feet for a while.

GTKY: Where in the world would you live if money was not a factor? A Caribbean island.  
    I never had BH with DD and haven't felt them this time either. Honestly I probably wouldn't even know what they felt like. 
  • 33 weeks.

I just had one two days ago and I got to see the potato in an ultrasound! Never gets old..

Just extreme hunger. I've started to keep food next to my bed for middle of the night purposes.

With my first I really didn't get any stretch marks until the very end of the pregnancy. Now I can see the old ones plus I feel like I've got a lot more. Im starting to worry (for vain, selfish reasons of course) that it's gonna be much harder to get back in shape from this pregnancy. 

Seattle.

• 31 weeks

@krob I think the foam finger would fit if you just fold the finger part down!

Appointments- one week for my 32 week fetal growth ultrasound and routine cervix check. I had my tdap at my cervix check appointment last week.

Symptoms- whatever I did to aggrevate my symphaseal pubis pain has gotten better! 

Where do I want to live? Minnesota (I miss living in close proximity to my family and doing normal day to day things with them).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  

I never had BH with DD and haven't felt them this time either. Honestly I probably wouldn't even know what they felt like. 
    Same here. When DD initiated labor I first thought these were the famed BH everyone had been talking about. Nope.