March 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In 12/12

This is for all our March moms who have experienced a loss- we are here to support one another! 3

1. How far along are you?

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to?

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

4. GTKY: Being PGAL can be difficult sometimes but has there been a favorite thing about your pregnancy so far that you would like to share? 

Re: PGAL Check In 12/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How far along are you?
    22+2 today!

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to?
    Viability on Christmas Eve!!

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:
    I still get a little freaked sometimes if I don't feel any movement for a long while, so I keep getting out my doppler to check on them, but every time they're still in there, hearts beating like they should.

4. GTKY: Being PGAL can be difficult sometimes but has there been a favorite thing about your pregnancy so far that you would like to share? 
    I would definitely say the best thing was the first time DH felt a kick. He was super into it and not freaked out at all (like a lot of the DHs I read about). He loves putting his hand on my belly to try and feel them move, which is so sweet, even when they're most likely sleeping.

@Spartanrd4 Ooh, I hope you share the picture you get tomorrow! I know you'll do great at your new diet, even if baby girl isn't too pleased about you cutting out sugar!

@JustAnotherUsername16 I love that you're guessing her faves based on her movements! Also, bummer that snoring is an indication of GD. Apparently I snore quite a bit (though I have been sick with a stuffy/runny nose, so hopefully that's why I've been a chainsaw, not GD!)

@mcdonald-bailey I hope your photo shoot this weekend goes well!

@sarahbobby Yay for deciding to do a baby shower! I bet it'll be super fun. And I can understand why you'd feel more appreciative now, which I'm sure we all do!

About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    1. How far along are you? 27+4

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? Meeting baby girl and figuring out what name she looks like

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Good luck everyone with the GD testing! I'll be joining that fun on Thursday. Been feeling yucky lately and I don't know if morning sickness is coming back or if my coworker shared her sick germs.

4. GTKY: Being PGAL can be difficult sometimes but has there been a favorite thing about your pregnancy so far that you would like to share? My husband started occasionally talking to her and kissed the bump. He's terrified of kids, so to see him starting to connect with her is awesome. 
  • Options
    @vino831 I have a friend who was doing IVF with a surrogate (they are a gay married couple)....they already have one child with a different surrogate, both using same embryos. They just miscarried at 10 weeks and had been open on fb about the baby basically since she took a HPT so when he told everyone he actually said that 10 weeks was pretty "late in the game for a miscarriage". Even though I was obviously upset for them, like you his wording just hit a nerve with me. I did appreciate him being so open with everything and educating others that unfortunately this journey doesn't always have a happy ending. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Tomorrow is 29 weeks.

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? I think I'm running out of major milestones and just ready to meet and snuggle this little guy! "March 2017" used to sound so far away and now it is right around the corner (especially as a March 1st due date). 

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm still waiting for an appointment with the genetic counselor to talk about the Fragile X possibilities I described last week. I'm trying not to be anxious!! It's hard! I just want to get the meeting over with to figure out what kind of chances we're looking at. This close to the holidays, I'm guessing that by the time the OB/GYN referral goes through and the specialty place contacts me, the appointment won't be until 2017. :( 

4. GTKY: Being PGAL can be difficult sometimes but has there been a favorite thing about your pregnancy so far that you would like to share? Like others have said, feeling the baby move is incredibly special. I feel so connected to him already and get cheered up by feeling his wiggles throughout the day... it almost makes me wish humans were kangaroos so I could keep "taking him" to work with me even once he's born, haha. And now that the kicks are strong enough for DH to feel, it's precious listening to him talk to the baby bump with the addition of their kick-interactions. :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• Options
    @vino831 I know all too well that there is no time that is out of the woods so I understand how that could hit a nerve as it would with me also
  • Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited December 2016
    1. How far along are you? 27 weeks

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? Not so much milestone but the next appt - I'm anxious with how I'll do on my 1-hour GTT and to see if LO is still measuring really big. If so, I get another u/s, which would be a big perk for getting to see her again! On the other, I'll be concerned as to why she's measuring so big. Granted, she's been measuring big all throughout the pregnancy, so it's not anything new. She might just have DH's big, burly German genes. 

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: DH is super excited about this baby, but he's not as involved in bonding with baby girl. He says he feels weird talking to my belly, which surprises me. He's not usually one to be self-conscious. But then, he's rarely around babies, and in the 15 years I've known him, I've never seen him hold a baby, toddler, or child. Nonetheless, he's always wanted kids so I don't have doubts about his fathering abilities. I guess I just feel kind of disappointed that he's not all about the baby bump unless I draw attention to it or ask him to talk to her.

4. GTKY: Being PGAL can be difficult sometimes but has there been a favorite thing about your pregnancy so far that you would like to share? The kicks are definitely the highlight of this pregnancy. :) Not only is there a little baby in there, but a baby with a personality! I swear she has let me know when she likes a particular food or when I'm in an uncomfortable position for her. She's shy around DH but will kick for me! (All the more reason for DH to talk and "play" with her; the more she hears him, the more she might start to respond to him!)
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 I can kind of relate to your friend... I remember when I had my miscarriage (around 12 weeks) people kept telling me that they were so sorry for me but that miscarriage was more common than I probably thought and that most women go on to have healthy pregnancies later. I know their intentions were kind, but this kept making me unreasonably angry - at the time I didn't want to be "just another miscarriage story". My loss felt more devastating to me than I imagined it did for others - obviously that's not true, but it was hard to cope with at the time. I found myself saying things like that too - "This was really late for a miscarriage" and "After our ultrasound, our doctor told us we were mostly out of the woods, so to find out a week later that we miscarried was horrendous". I didn't have any malicious intent towards others, I just felt that my story was unique and I wanted other people to recognize my pain - not diminish it with how common miscarriage can be. Looking back on it, I was being petty and unreasonable, but in that moment I couldn't stop myself... 
  • Options
    @JustAnotherUsername16 I understand how you feel too. In my situation I had a MMC so I was totally taken by surprise and felt betrayed really that I was going on for weeks thinking everything was fine and it wasn't...I didn't even know that the baby could stop developing and you would have no signs- because everything I knew before or saw/read about was the classic "natural" miscarriage. How sad that we had to be educated about things in this way- I wish I was still naive but like others have said, I appreciate this pregnancy so much more knowing everything I do now. 
  • Options
    @JustAnotherUsername16 @Spartanrd4 I mentioned to an OB this pregnancy that my last one had ended in a MMC at 12 weeks, and the baby had stopped growing at 10 weeks after a good 8-week u/s. His comment was, "Interesting, that's uncommon." Are we really in such a niche group - miscarriages late into the first trimester? 

@JustAnotherUsername16 Your way of coping is completely understandable. In fact, if an OB thinks it's uncommon to lose a baby "so late", maybe it really is. Regardless, your words to describe your pain were far from superfluous. I do not think you were being petty or unreasonable; you did the right thing in acknowledging how you felt and how much a loss impacted you. 
  • Options
    I had a MMC as well, and had my first OB appointment on Monday afternoon, then my last RE appointment on Friday morning. Monday baby was fine, heart beating away, Friday s/he no longer had a beating heart. I was just over 9 weeks at the OB appointment, and 10 weeks at the RE appointment. It can't be that uncommon, as I know at least three other people IRL who had similar stories.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    Yup that's pretty similar here... I had two US appointments - at 7.5 weeks and 11 weeks - both showed a heartbeat and the second showed an appropriate amount of growth. At that appointment, my doctor said that the chance of a miscarriage was very low and with my impending entrance into second trimester, now was a good time to start "enjoying" my pregnancy. 6 days after, I started some barely noticeable spotting. The next day, I woke up with a gush of blood. I went in (at exactly 12 weeks) and baby no longer had a HB. It was devastating. I think it was especially hard because I had JUST seen baby and the doc had just said the chance of MC was low... I think that's why there was so much self blame on my part. 
  • Options
    I've had both an early miscarriage more like a chemical pregnancy and a stillbirth at 38 weeks. I tend to not even think about the early miscarriage as I guess my last loss was far more devastating and emotional 
  • Options
    @JustAnotherUsername16 Yeah, the fact your doctor even told you to start enjoying your pregnancy, it's no wonder your miscarriage was that much more traumatic. It's traumatic to experience a loss no matter what, but the disappointment and self-blame is doubled when you're explicitly told that everything is fine from there on out.

@AandDM2014 I didn't think it was that uncommon either. But since I don't work in the obstetrics field, it's hard to say what is largely seen over a long period of time. The OB might have been trying to reassure me, since he stated that at an appointment I'd scheduled to ensure LO was still doing okay after I'd fallen down half a flight of stairs.