February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread w/o 12/12

Re: Symptoms Thread w/o 12/12

• We are team very little action,  and now I can't even imagine trying again.   I do have an awesome chiropractor,  and I am willing to look at support belts.  @scottipino, what kind have you used?   You have had this every pregnancy?   I can't imagine!   

Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Partyof6?,m  I sometimes wonder why we went for one more with all of the issues in the past, but all of my kids are overall healthy.  I bought a belt by Gabrialla from either amazom or diapers.com- can't remember which.  Make sure to measure though-  I ordered a size larger when I would have expected.  Good luck and if it makes you feel better it gets better pretty much right after delivery for me.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I've reached the end of comfortable sex and will soon be entering the no-bone zone. Interestingly enough, H seems to get hornier the bigger my belly gets, and while my sex drive hasn't decreased, once we start I just cannot find a comfortable position... And then I am just over it. It may be blow jobs from here on out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think I've reached the end of comfortable sex and will soon be entering the no-bone zone. Interestingly enough, H seems to get hornier the bigger my belly gets, and while my sex drive hasn't decreased, once we start I just cannot find a comfortable position... And then I am just over it. It may be blow jobs from here on out.

Oh man, 100x this. It's so frustrating!
  • Team no action here. Every position is uncomfortable. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • I noticed last night that my ankles have started to swell. I'm trying to keep them elevated as much as possible, but is there anything else I can do?
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• So I'm experiencing a lot of swelling, and varicose veins on the vagina.  YAY! no. 
    It hurts like a MF. I'm heading out here shortly and see if I can find some compression shorts to wear. 
    Anyone have any other suggestions for relief?? 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @LinnyAnne10 i have no advice but thanks for switching to the symptoms thread! I hope they get better soon.
  • @imalwaysme79 compression socks and allll the hydration!
  • @Gretchypoo I stayed up late Friday night and I feel like I'll never get caught up. On top of last night I just tossed and turned all night. I've suddenly become very uncomfortable.

@LinnyAnne10 I've never had varicose veins of the vagina but it sounds painful. If you find a good relief remedy let us know in case we develop it too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're still doing it but it's got to be gentle.  Oh and my New favorite thing for constipation ? Original Fiber One cereal with chocolate milk! Yuuummm
  • kswiger06 said:
    @Gretchypoo I stayed up late Friday night and I feel like I'll never get caught up. On top of last night I just tossed and turned all night. I've suddenly become very uncomfortable.

@LinnyAnne10 I've never had varicose veins of the vagina but it sounds painful. If you find a good relief remedy let us know in case we develop it too. 
    All I have been able to find is that compression shorts, and ice packs are about all you can do.. Which sucks. (and finding maternity compression shorts that are not going to cost an arm and a leg, is nearly impossible) 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Is it possible to get *enough* sleep in 3rd tri? I'm exhausted constantly.
    Girl same. My alarm clock went off this morning and I genuinely couldn't believe it. I thought there was no way I had slept enough. It felt like I was up tossing and turning (and kicking the doggo off the blankets) constantly. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Keep us updated @chef'swife how many weeks are you? 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • FX for you @chef'swife! Let us know if you get any updates.
  • Thinking of you @chef'swife!
  • @chef'swife fingers crossed your little one stays put for a while longer! Xxx
  • FX he stays in here awhile @chef'swife! Keep us updated if you can
  • @chef'swife Keep that baby cooking! FX you can keep that baby in there for a while longer. Keep us updated!
  • Sending good vibes your way @chef'swife! Hoping your LO stays put!
  • @chef'swife hoping baby stays put for a while!! Keep us updated. :):)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Fx baby stays put @chef'swife !! Will be sending good thoughts your way. Keep us updated.

First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Sending prayers your way chef's wife! Stay in there little one!
  • I've been having the same thoughts @WinchesterGirl and am similarly torn. Also our hospital is only 10 minutes from work and an hour from our house so going into labor at work could actually be beneficial though I don't think I'll get that lucky anyways.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @marriedhamstermom It really is a tough decision. The money is great, but what is two weeks in the grand scheme of not getting paid anymore? I may just ask my OB about it Friday, to find out if they would even consider writing me out a week or two early. As for your timing, even if your contractions started at work, you'd likely want to go home before the hospital right? 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • tishb said:
    My 2nd tri sex drive is long gone but I haven't thrown in the towel quite yet. Mostly because I know that after I give birth I won't want that thing anywhere near me!!!!!!!
    This! My drive isn't totally gone, but mostly I know it's going to be quite a while after the birth! 
    +1 to Team Begrudgingly Boning. I've tried to give it the old college try every few weeks, just because I know it will be at least a month or two after the birth until anything happens again. 
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • @WinchesterGirl that's a good point that I hadn't thought of. Though I'm guessing if that happened we'd probably just find something to do nearby like walk the mall or something rather than drive an hour home and then an hour back. Also a good point that 2 weeks of pay while nice it might just not be worth it considering the grand scheme of not getting paid anymore and comfort. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• HeatSparksHeatSparks member
    edited December 2016
    Keep us updated
    chef'swife. Praying for you and babe!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 31+5. Thanks for the positive thoughts. I'm a total control freak, so delegating tasks is super hard for me. Luckily, DD is almost 7 and a very easy girl, so she will be great with grandmas at home to help out with her. DH just opened a brand new restaurant last month and has been so busy with start up and holiday business, so the grandma help is certainly welcome and necessary at this point. 
        I've had first round of steroids and antibiotics already, so now it's just hanging out in the bed and making sure no contractions start. 
    happy to hear the update!
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• My symptoms have gotten slightly better, weirdly. The last two weeks were me waddling everywhere and feeling like LO was seeking out my bladder on purpose.
    This week I feel much less waddly and while I still need to go pee like every 30 minutes, it's not because of a sudden kick down there (LO has been aiming for my ribs instead. Fun!). But I am so, so hungry. Like alllll the time. And I'm eating like crap instead of warming up nourishing meals or at the least snacking on veggies.

• I noticed last night that my ankles have started to swell. I'm trying to keep them elevated as much as possible, but is there anything else I can do?

SITB
    With DD my Dr told me to set up a foot bath with sea salt in it. Oh, and walking. Lots of walking.