May 2017 Moms

Baby Name Choices & Discussion!

Re: Baby Name Choices & Discussion!

• If it's a boy we're going with Killian Edward. I have no clue what we'll do if it's another girl.  For the longest time he wanted to name a boy Stanley. Luckily we got a girl last time and I brought him around to Killian since then :)
    @softsoprano is Killian pronounced like Jillian but with a K?

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• softsopranosoftsoprano member
    edited December 2016
    @chickyclg yes it is  :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Cool, I've never heard that before.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @kayemjay2 and @newmamaro my 2 year old DS's name is Sullivan (so I may be partial, haha) but I still adore the name. We never call him Sully but sometimes friends/family members do and it's pretty cute. He is NOT a fan of the nickname, but I think he's still a little too young to understand. He gets all huffy and says "NO! My name is Sullivan!". Ok, kid. We get it. Anywho, we picked it because it was unique without being strange and easy to spell. 

@nda_roxybabe I LOOOOVE Lennon and we talked about it for a girl, but we're now trying to actively avoid 2 "last name first names" since our son is Sullivan. Plus that's a little rhyme-y. I agree that the last name piece is super important in picking the first name, and in fact, is what's currently delaying our girl name adaptation process. 

I thought that husband has given in and was totally on board with our name choice for baby girl, which is Estelle. But this morning he says to me, "I'm really not sure about Estelle with our last name...I think the first name needs to end with a non-silent vowel"...WTF? I think it's because he goes by a nickname of his given name that ends in a Y and his sister's name is Brittany, so maybe it's just because that's what he's used to hearing? Makes zero sense. Other names on our very short list that I keep floating by him but he's "meh" about: Harriet, Celine, Celeste, Greta. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • We have a list of about 5 boy names and 5 girl names in case baby comes and it doesn't fit, but we are pretty much leaning towards:
    Boy-Desmond & Christopher
    Girl-Isla & Samantha
  • @Kipperoo Love Greta! I have seen 2 in the past month, but not in a bad way.

@absbubbs Those are all great! Particularly love Desmond and Isla!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @Kipperoo - I think Estelle is awesome, and am pretty confused by your DH's reasoning...haha. From your short list, I like Greta. They are all great names, though honestly, a friend named her daughter Celeste, and whenever I heard her name, all I can think of is molest...so that's uncomfortable. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• @kayemjay2 , YES...the Celeste/molest thing is definitely a bad connotation and I think it's enough to nix it from our list. I still have a feeling we will end on Estelle--it fits literally every criteria we had for the name except this new one that husband came up with out of nowhere. I was like "you can call her Essie. Does that work for you?" 

I love Greta, but my apprehension with that one is that it was the girl name we had picked out had DS been a girl. I know it's strange, but it feels...used? Kind of? IDK. It's hard to explain, but we both feel weird about using it this go around. Naming is tough business. 
  • I love seeing everyone's names! So fun!

@nda_roxybabe LOVE Lennon Grace (I'm pretty sure I want Grace as a middle name if we have a girl.)

@achays11 I really like Avery Lynn. So pretty. 

@CherylE418Porter David - Love this name!

My husband won't even discuss names at this point. If I bring it up he just starts naming Star Wars characters. (He's such a dork, but a cute dork.)  The only name that has even been remotely discussed started as a joke, but has actually kind of grown on us, so I'm curious for your opinions: Enya. (I like Enya Grace or Enya Rose) Also, he wants a girl so badly that he refers to baby as "Enya."  But we won't know for a couple more weeks. 

DH's background is Irish and mine is Scottish, and we have a very Irish last name, starting with a Mc. The other girl name I like is Bonnie Jean (after both of my grandmothers) but DH outright said no. For boys I like the name Hunter John (first after my GrandDaddy's name and my family's clan, and second after my husband. But DH goes by his initials.) 

Thoughts?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Naming is hard! H and I were joking about the names that we were convinced we loved back when we first met. While the first names are fine, its the pretentious middle names we'd selected to go with them that are funny to us now.  Boy: Hunter Hampton Girl: Savannah Kensington
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • My son's name will be Christian Mateo :)

@kayemjay2 I love Soren!! Deff does NOT made up at all.

I also saw somewhere Henry & I love that name, too!!

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• @kayemjay2 - I have a friend named Soren. Granted he's from Denmark. But It's still a good name.

Our top girls names are Lillian or Samantha. Although I'm not sold on either. Lillian is in the lead but I'm having trouble with a middle name. I loved Lillian in the beginning but now I'm hoping we'll come up with something I like better.

So, hubby's best friend's son is named Theodore. MH wants to name our son (if we have one) Alvin. Like the chipmunks. I immediately shot it down. Then he started singing Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al". I love that song and the name started growing on me.  

I'm afraid to tell our family that Alvin grew on me. If we have a boy his full name will be Alvin Thomas. I like the idea of calling him "Alvie".
  • @PghMom412 I like Tessa with Nora! I would worry about an ending in -a trend.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @kayemjay2 - I have a friend named Soren. Granted he's from Denmark. But It's still a good name.

Our top girls names are Lillian or Samantha. Although I'm not sold on either. Lillian is in the lead but I'm having trouble with a middle name. I loved Lillian in the beginning but now I'm hoping we'll come up with something I like better.

So, hubby's best friend's son is named Theodore. MH wants to name our son (if we have one) Alvin. Like the chipmunks. I immediately shot it down. Then he started singing Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al". I love that song and the name started growing on me.  

I'm afraid to tell our family that Alvin grew on me. If we have a boy his full name will be Alvin Thomas. I like the idea of calling him "Alvie".
    As I was reading your post I was thinking "Alvie" is adorable and then you mentioned it. I like it.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • kayemjay2 said:
    I will get the ball rolling :) Our current contenders for baby boy #2 are Soren, Henry, and Sullivan. DH loves Soren, and I like it, but worry no one has heard of it. I don't want a super popular name, but I also don't want people thinking we made it up. Henry has been a long time love, but I worry it's becoming trendy? DH isn't sold on Sullivan, he says he "likes it, doesn't love it," but it's really grown on me. Any thoughts or similar name suggestions? Boy names are tough. 

Anyone who has read the BDSM erotic romance series(es) by bestselling author Tiffany Reisz has heard the name Søren. Hopefully it doesn't ruin it for you. Personally I love it... But I do loves me some spicy books.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • @kayemjay2 I love the name Soren, too. I've heard it before, definitely doesn't sound made up. 

@nda_roxybabe Lennon is really lovely for a girl, and pretty unique. Also, I LOVE the name Wren! I have a top 2 for girls already, but I feel like adding that into the list. 

@absbubbs I think Isla is soo pretty. 
  • @kayemjay2 Thanks again for starting this! I've got to say, it's nice to hear that our top 2 names are liked (I'm assuming anyone who hates them is just keeping silent) since we're not sharing IRL.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe I love the name Lennon. I have a friend with a little girl with that name. All her little friends call her "Lemon". I think it's adorable. 
  • @starphish18 - I'm so happy to hear positive feedback about Soren! The only person I've mentioned it to is my sister, who had never heard of it and said it sounded girly, like Lauren. So that was a bummer. 

@sls - I haven't heard of that, but it's definitely not an association I'd really want people to have with my son...hahaha

@nda_roxybabe - No problem! I'm glad it's taken off! I am obsessed with names and love seeing everyone's choices!
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• kaley04 said:
    @nda_roxybabe I love the name Lennon. I have a friend with a little girl with that name. All her little friends call her "Lemon". I think it's adorable. 
    Lemon?! That's adorable!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @Yiggle09 I love the names Natalie and Clara. Our top girl name is Natalie Claire, but I'm pretty sure we're having a boy. We find out Wednesday. I'm having a really hard time with boys names though. I like Dylan but husband doesn't love it. We both like Jack and Andrew but I have cousins with those names so I don't know if it would be weird.
  • @kayemjay2 I'm not sure why you're sister thinks it sounds girly. I have heard of it before and know someone who named their son that. I never thought it sounded girly at all.
  • My SIL considered Soren. My only issue with it is it has the word "sore" in it and it also kind of makes me think of Highschool Musical "We're soarin', we're flyin'..."
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • I feel like my taste in names is a lot more old school than most of yours!  
    This little guy will be Thomas Martin (Family names) 
  • Love reading the names!! Can't believe we are nearing halfway points around here! So since this is our third boy we are really struggling. DS1 and 2 are Benjamin and Bradley. Not a "B" thing. Just worked out that way. Choices so far for this guy are Lucas "Luke" or Joshua. We are open to any and all suggestions. I think DH is sick of talking about it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • march2008march2008 member
    edited December 2016
    This will be our second girl. I had quite a few names on a list when we had DD1, but I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas this time!

The only contender so far is Julia. DH says he likes that and is kind of satisfied with just the first name I've come up with and I feel like we need to consider it more! Ha! Some middle names I've kicked around to go with Julia are either Claire or Charlotte.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • @march2008 LOVE Julia. If we ever have a little girl her name will be Juliana nn Julia. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • sls said:
    kayemjay2 said:
    I will get the ball rolling :) Our current contenders for baby boy #2 are Soren, Henry, and Sullivan. DH loves Soren, and I like it, but worry no one has heard of it. I don't want a super popular name, but I also don't want people thinking we made it up. Henry has been a long time love, but I worry it's becoming trendy? DH isn't sold on Sullivan, he says he "likes it, doesn't love it," but it's really grown on me. Any thoughts or similar name suggestions? Boy names are tough. 

Anyone who has read the BDSM erotic romance series(es) by bestselling author Tiffany Reisz has heard the name Søren. Hopefully it doesn't ruin it for you. Personally I love it... But I do loves me some spicy books.
    I would not make the association for Soren.  I would make it for Christian due to 50 Shades (horribly written, imo).  But Christian has found it's way on our short list.  We are athiest/agnostic so we're trying to decide if that's a weird name for us.  We have a few other biblical names on our list but prego brain is spacing out on me right now.

We also like Sebastian, Asher, and Logan.

I'm having a hard time coming up with girl or boy names.  I chose DD's name decades ago.  She's named after my great-grandmother.  There aren't any other great family names on either side of our family and so choosing just a random name is hard this time.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • We don't know the sex yet. Our girl would be Caitlin Jean, but I'm really struggling with boy names. Middle name would be Arthur after DH's grandpa. He likes Aaron as a first name, and I was on board until I remembered I slept with an Aaron. If you slept with someone with that name, do you automatically nix it? I even told DH that that's why I changed my mind about it, and he's still pushing for it. 

I like Jacob, but DH is iffy on it because it's his best friend's name. We can't agree on anything else. My top choice would be Noah, but DH said no. He also vetoed Graham, Elliot, Calvin, Jack, and just about everything else I've come up with. At this point, it'll be easier if it's a girl!
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @kayemjay2 - I met 1 Soren when I was in high school and he was QUITE a hunk! Sullivan was my BFF's maiden name, and she used it for her son - I think it's really great. 

@nda_roxybabe - Hudson is probably in my top 5 all time boy names... sadly, it was quickly vetoed by DH. I think Lennon is adorable for a girl!

@newmamaro - Thumbs up to Sullivan nn Sully! I don't think you should think of it as 'reusing' - it's just on your list that you love and that doesn't have to change from child to child.

@livin541 LOVE Graham.

@NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot - DS was 'Asher Dean' in our minds until the appointment when we found out he was a boy. For some reason, we both jumped ship on Asher on the ride home and decided on Isaac! 

• Some great names- so many I love and DH has vetoed. 

My mama gut is that we are expecting our third girl. We have a Genevieve and Josephine so we want the third to flow. Love Jocelyn but think it is too similar to Josie. Our other favorites are Kennedy, Roslyn, and Cadence. Cadence is our favorite but unsure if it is too different with the sibling set. 
  • We've stopped talking names for now until we know the sex. Our shortish boy list is Owen, Callen, Wyatt, and Leo. For girls, we have Natalie,  Mackenzie, Noelle, Annabel, and Hannah still on the list. DD is Jocelyn. Do any of those really clash?
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @MamaMiller, I think Cadence sounds nice with your DDs' names! 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @KMD1106- thanks- love all your names- 

we we wanted to do Piper as a middle name but Cadence Piper may be too musical
  • One of my top female names ends in the same letter as the beginning of our last name. Here's an example that gives the same effect, without giving away our last name or baby name choices (cause I'm apparently clutching these baby names like prized pearls): Jonas School. Any thoughts on if that's just a bit of a mouthful with the double s's when you say it aloud? As opposed, for instance, to John School...? Sorry for the obscurity. I recognize I'm absurd. 
  • @starphish18 - First of all... I spent a long time wondering why I couldn't find you when I typed in starship - oh, that's because I can't read. Our last name is similar to Kimono and DS is Isaac Kimono. If I sit around thinking about it and repeating his name over and over, it bothers me. In daily life, I don't worry about it. 
  • We didn't have any boy names picked out this time. MH and I couldn't think of even one we loved. Girl's names on the other hand came to us pretty quickly. We found out on Friday we are team pink and settled on the name:
    Whitley Kate

I'm pretty in love with the uniqueness of it. The other name we loved though was Madelyn which would have had the same middle name. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am going to be lazy and not tag people, but I love Henry.

My friend just named her daughter Sullivan, I think 3 moms from my last BMB named their boys Sullivan. I like the name, it makes me think of Monsters Inc. 

I don't think there is any issue with using a name you thought about using for a previous kid. 

We we are team blue, and his name is Sebastian Allen. 
  • @bacorrea (and others) I am so surprised at how many Sullivan's there seem to be! We've never encountered another in real life! It's funny because our families were very luke warm to it because the name "sounded weird". Obviously now that there is a child attached to it, they've warmed up to it.

I, too, love Henry! Classic and adorable.