April 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In December

Now that we are all at the halfway point or further, I thought it might be nice to have a check-in for the PGAL mommies. I know there's still several of us on here. We've made it so far!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Focus on the positive: what's been the best part or milestone of this pregnancy so far? 

Re: PGAL Check-In December

• Options

1. 22 wks.

2. spaghetti squash (this seemed odd as next week is a large mango and the spaghetti squash I buy are larger).

3. Physically- back pain. Emotionally- anxiety (will remain until birth).

4. 3rd tri.

5. n/a.

6. I am just glad the a/s went well and she is healthy.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 20 weeks! Halfway!

How big is baby? 
    Banana, small cantaloupe, pint of root beer

Drained. Physically, I ache. I feel like an old grandma who needs a cane/walker. Emotionally, I just feel like I want to sleep until April. My kids are really testing my limits. But DH has been amazing, I think that's the only saving grace in all of this.

My AS tomorrow!!! I can't wait to see Samuel and hopefully find out that he is perfect!

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I was originally thinking about working until I have him (I did this with DS), but now I'm starting to reconsider. My work is pretty far from the hospital that I would be delivering at and I'm just so exhausted (and know it will only get worse). My friend was trying to convince me to take 4 weeks off before my due date, but I feel like if he comes on time, that is 4 weeks wasted. I want to spend as much time with him after he arrives. Does anyone have input on this? I might just see how much vacation time I have saved up (not a ton) and just take that much time before my due date. IDK....

GTKY: Focus on the positive: what's been the best part or milestone of this pregnancy so far? 
    Literally, this last week. I LOVE feeling baby kicks! Plus, we settled on a name. It really does make it all feel so much more real to me. 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 

22 weeks exactly.  I still remember week 5-6-7 when I was practically crying twice every day and praying for the baby to stay. 

How big is baby? 

BIG!!!  Coconut sized.  Really cute very visible bump now. 

Physically very good.  Although kicks are not always pleasant (but I am always happy to have them).  Feeling best since I got pregnant.  Apart from the bump, almost like normal.  Energetic, comfier.  Only laying down is tricky. Emotionally mostly good.  Confidence took a battering because I felt very fat, so had hair and eyebrows done, worked a miracle.  

Week 30, at which point even a preterm labour has high chances of viability.  On the positive note, Christmas with my in laws and big family, I cannot wait to collect their adoration to the bump!  Also, will do a 3d-4d scan at 27 weeks too... 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

I dont think I actually got the fact that there is a brand new person living inside me, I am shocked that I am not freaking out yet!!! when will it hit me??
    Also, my tummy is sometimes rock hard, other times soft.  They are not braxton hicks yet, is this normal? 

All scans, especially the 12 week and AS. All I could think about was "Thank God he is alive and all right".  Movement is beautiful too.  And how my husband started bonding and swooning since almost 12 weeks or so... amazing.  I am seeing a whole new side of him and I am more and more in love every day.  When he puts his hand on my bump, I feel better than ever before, like he will take care of us forever.  And that my baby will be fine.  
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • Options
    How far along are you?  22 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Coconut. And starting to grow hair like one according to the bump app. 

Physically doing fine. Aches and pains and digestions problems that are normal. Emotionally, looking forward to getting past my original EDD and then that I think will help. I still feel terrified sometimes but knowing that she's doing well is helping so much. Sometimes I'll have a symptom that makes me afraid of preterm labor or preeclampsia but then I remind myself I don't have any of the others and need to calm down. Haha. Otherwise the anxiety is way less than it was in the beginning. The excitement is finally real, even if I still am unwilling to let myself be certain of meeting her in April. 

I'm excited to see her again in 3 weeks for my extra ultrasound because they missed some shots. Otherwise, viability. Though to be honest I'd like the bump to be more obvious so people would stop looking and wondering whether to ask or not. On the other hand, bigger bump also means more unsolicited opinions. Haha. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I just really hope DH and I can get on the checklist soon. We have so much to do. Haven't started the nursery, haven't made a list of pediatricians to look at, haven't even toured the birthing center. It's overwhelming. But I did find out last week I'm definitely getting a baby shower so that takes a load off my mind. 

I loved reaching the second trimester and feeling less anxious. I loved starting to feel kicks, and of course the a/s and finding out she's healthy. And gender. All the little things that added up to making me a little more excited. And DH too. He's taken so long to get invested that it was so nice to have him feel her kick and see her at the a/s. 
  • Options
    @smallanimal I don't know if it's normal or not but I'm that way too. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks, 2 days

How big is baby? 
    the size of a Barbie. As a kid who LOVED her Barbies, this makes me excited. 

Always an interesting question. I am somehow feeling ok for the most part, emotionally. DH has job interviews all over, some out of state and we have decided we will make a decision on the job by February because we need an apartment by March. So, there is a very good chance we won't have a place to live until I am 34 weeks pregnant and that means we won't be getting baby stuff out until 34 weeks or setting up any sort of nursery, not to mention the rest of our house until I am 34 weeks. Somehow I am still at peace with everything. I think having a healthy baby inside of you after a loss overshadows literally everything else that could be going wrong. Physically I am dead. Pregnancy is sooooooooooo hard for me. SPD pain is killing me. I am just not a happy glowing pregnant lady and will never be one. 

Viability at 24 weeks. Getting close to that. (Dec. 24th!)

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    So, at our 20 week ultrasound baby girl was measuring a week behind, at about the 15th percentile. Nothing to freak out about, but they are doing another ultrasound at 23.5 weeks to check her growth. I was not worried even a little bit at first. But, as the days pass and we get closer to the growth ultrasound I am starting to psych myself out a little bit. It is next Thursday. Friends of ours had a baby born in April at 27 weeks. She was small at 18/19 weeks so they kept checking growth and she pretty much stopped growing at 24 weeks, so they did a c-section at 27 weeks and the baby girl was still about the size of a 24/25 week baby. We visited in the NICU about a week after she was born and seeing a 1 pound baby in person was pretty remarkable. So, after seeing them go through all of that as the day gets closer I just am getting really anxious. As the 24 week viability mark gets closer I feel slightly better though. 

This little girl seems to be a little bit of a late bloomer. It definitely took her longer to become active than DD did. With DD1 at 18 weeks she was moving non-stop and kicking my belly so hard you could clearly see from the outside a lot. This one is still much more sleepy than DD1 and the kicks are just becoming a tiny bit visible from the outside at 22 weeks. But, the kicks are definitely the best part at this point. And finding out we are having another little girl was fun. Seeing DD get more and more excited about baby sister is also great. I guess I have a lot of favorites. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. 21 weeks
    2. Endive
    3. Physically, my back hurts, but I think most of that is due to a combination of being pregnant and packing for our move. Emotionally I am doing better now than in the first trimester. I was so worried all the time.
    4. I guess the birth of my baby. It's a long time away and in no way am I trying to wish him to come early, but now that I feel him move regularly and have had my last US I don't feel that there is much left.
    5. Rant: I feel like I have been pregnant forever!
    6. I am enjoying feeling kicks on a regular basis