February 2017 Moms

Monday B*fest, 12/12

You know the drill, ladies!

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Monday B*fest, 12/12

• Not necessarily bitching, but holy crap it's been a rather stressful Monday! It actually started last night, H banged his head off the car door accidentally and thought he had a concussion so we went to urgent care and waited only to be told they don't do anything for concussions. He didn't want to go to the ER (and it was almost 10 PM) so we went home and I stayed up with him to make sure he didn't go right to sleep just in case he did have a consussion. Luckily, we woke up this morning and he was fine other than a headache.

*Possible TW* Today, I got to work to find out a student at one of our schools had passed away over the weekend. I didn't know the student, but it's still very sad to hear when accidents happen to children so young. I was actually happy I was able to provide some resources on grief for the school to hand out to staff, parents, and students. 

Then, my FIL was scheduled for heart surgery this morning. My H texted me during lunch to let me know my FIL needs to be transported to the University hospital over an hour away. We knew ahead of time that it might be a possibility that he would have to go down the road and I know my FIL will be in excellent hands, but it's still so stressful trying to make arrangements.

I just keep telling myself one more week until winter break! And that stressing is not helping me or LO. Hopefully I can remain calm, cool, and collected the rest of the week!
  • Loading the player...
  • Today, my husband had a dentist appointment, I had to go with him because he was prescribed a medicine for the visit that I had to drive him. Well one of the cleaning lady's saw me, and came real close and said something like --you look pregnant today, last time I couldn't hardly see anything.-- But she was swinging her hands around and ended up hitting my stomach. I decided I'd much rather a stranger just touch my belly, than get so close and hit it. She apologized, but it was pretty weird. I have a personal space issue, and that is a great example of why.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I completely forgot about my 11:30 prenatal massage appointment today and totally flaked. By the time I realized I had an appointment for today, it was already 1:30. Now I'm embarrassed to call them because a massage therapist just lost an hour of work due to my forgetfulness. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • VastraVastra member
    edited December 2016
    **possible tw***
    H and I recently moved to a house we love in a town we love. The town happens to be associated with a horrible tragic event that occurred a few years back. (it really hits home for us, as H's friend from college, among several other families, lost a child). We have found the town to be exceptionally loving and strong, and are proud to live there. But when we tell people from our old city where we live now, more often than not we get "OH, that's where THAT happened." Because clearly, the first thing you should do when someone mentions their place of residence is to immediately bring up the unthinkably awful tragedy with which is it associated. I have never dealt with that very well, and we've been there almost a year. This week happens to be the anniversary of the event, and I am feeling extra triggered. 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • +1 to everything @kswiger06 said! I'm sorry you have to deal with that @Vastra
  • @Vastra without any constant news coverage, it's hard to assume how the families and town are doing now. It makes me feel slightly better that they are moving forward as best they can with love, and not dwell. People out here, not anywhere nearby, still think about and pray for them, especially this time of year. (My son was in kindergarten that year and it really hit me) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChaoticWolf My H acts the same way! He works four 10 hour days, so he gets an extra day that I don't have that could be used for chores but that usually doesn't happen. Freaking men lol. 
  • @ChaoticWolf I'm sorry he's being a pain in the butt! My H will say I have to leave him a list or I have to tell/show him how to do something. I'm like no. You're a grown man. You get days off during the week and you need to be doing things! Men can be such babies.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ChaoticWolfChaoticWolf member
    edited December 2016
    @colebug89 @becbec28 I know right? It's like... no one leaves me a list of what to do for chores everyday, I just have to figure it out. You see all those empty bottles you keep leaving on the counter DH? And all the trash/clutter/junkmail piled on the table? Well throw them away! I just want to wring his neck and tell him to look around, see what's dirty in the house, and clean it up. 

Do men just not have any internal drive to keep hygienic? Because I swear he will just walk past a full trash can without caring for days if I don't nag him into taking it out.

ETA: @Gretchypoo it's less that he's bringing up divorce in order to avoid chores, and more because he gets overwhelmed with the back and forth, and in his mind fighting=divorce automatically. I don't even know if it's that he's expecting me to do all the domestic chores, or if he just doesn't realize exactly how much of them I do. He'd be happy to just live off of take out and watch hulu all day in a pigsty if it were up to him (and I know that because when he lived at his mom's house that was basically what he did.)
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • edited December 2016
    So more of a whine than a BF, but I had my firm's holiday party Saturday night that I was really excited for (and was a really good time actually).  Except I cannot believe how tired just one late night out made me - it wrecked my Sunday and I'm still exhausted with super sore feet today.  That was my last night of high stilettos for awhile......
  • @BlondePeanut That's exactly how I feel. I'm not sleeping well at night so I just feel yucky all day. I told H last night and he said I'd be bored at home all the time and I'd be wanting to get out after baby is here so I should enjoy it now. But there's so much I need to do at home that I'm just too tired to tackle when I get home from work. It really sucks.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @gretchypoo I <3 you.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
  • @krob I have to say that is an awesome idea. I'm thinking that once things settle down in our finances I might look around and price shop for a cleaning service. 
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
  • @krob Jealous. I often say I should have married someone who likes to clean. I'll cook all day but I hate cleaning!

@madamerwin we both do laundry equally. But if we have something nitpicky (handwash or hang dry) we do it ourselves. But my H is like yours. Unless I put the sheets and hand towels in the laundry bin they'd never get done. H does them if they are in the laundry bin.

That being said he does not seem to understand that the brown towels go upstairs and the grey towels go downstairs...
  • edited December 2016
    @krob We're getting a housecleaner next year. No way am I doing that on top of 2 kids and work. Cannot wait! 

@madamerwin SO does his own laundry because he is super anal about how his stuff is treated. Less work for me. Win-win!
    ETA and he actually kinda likes when the sheets are a little lived-in. So I also need to be the sheet/towel point person ;)
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• We split the laundry pretty equally. We both tend to do our own clothes, because we just have different systems. And almost every time one of us does personal clothes laundry, we also do a load of household laundry (like blankets, sheets, pet beds, towels, etc.). It works out pretty well, though we're not terribly organized.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Just to contribute my $.02 to this, we have a fair amount of "outside chores"...I've talked previously about how much time mowing takes at our house (about 6 hours every 2-3 weeks from May to October/November) and in the winter, plowing/shoveling can take a fair amount of time. We also have a lot of vehicles that need maintenance (cars, motorcycles, atvs, snowmobiles etc...12 at last count) that get lumped into outside chores. We've divided it that he does the outside chores, I do the inside chores (dishes, bathrooms, floors, laundry - he washes his own 70% of the time, but I do all sheets/towels/dog bedding). Part of this is because my tolerance for the inside chores not getting done is extremely low, and I've learned that if my tolerance for something is low, I should just do it myself to avoid the fight. It works for us. 

Also, as the one with the extra day off (every other Friday), I can see both sides of the coin. I frequently feel like I'm the one running all the random errands and taking care of household stuff, but he sees it as an extra day off work so I "have the time" to run these errands. Really, I work longer hours during the week, and all of that extra time is given back to me every other Friday...so we have the same amount of "not at work" time. 
  • I do all the laundry, but to be fair, DH does all the dishes. We split the rest of the cleaning pretty equally.
  • @madamerwin We each do our own clothes, because my DH has a work uniform with chemicals in it that have to be washed separately, but I do all the household and (now) the preparatory baby laundry. 
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017