February 2017 Moms

The Nursery Thread

Re: The Nursery Thread

• @skiingstark I thought of you today! I got an email from a local fabric shop saying that all of their Star Wars cotton prints are on sale. 
  • @Starfish113 We're doing a similar type theme and I'm seriously in love with your white cube drawer furniture piece with the navy blue and pink and white chevron baskets. Where did you get it?!
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Loading the player...
  • Aussie45 said:
    @Starfish113 We're doing a similar type theme and I'm seriously in love with your white cube drawer furniture piece with the navy blue and pink and white chevron baskets. Where did you get it?!
    Target!!! The cube thing was on sale for like $32
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Aussie45 said:
    @Starfish113 We're doing a similar type theme and I'm seriously in love with your white cube drawer furniture piece with the navy blue and pink and white chevron baskets. Where did you get it?!
    I saw something similar at our target but with only the navy cubes :'( Damn! I'll have to check the other Target in town, but I need something to set little baby's sound machine on. When I tried checking online I had a hell of time trying to find the stuff I was looking for.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Aussie45 said:
    Aussie45 said:
    I saw something similar at our target but with only the navy cubes :'( Damn! I'll have to check the other Target in town, but I need something to set little baby's sound machine on. When I tried checking online I had a hell of time trying to find the stuff I was looking for.
    Aww bummer! I've bought a lot of cubes for the other kids rooms from Amazon! They're cheaper there too. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Aussie45 said:
    Aussie45 said:
    Aww bummer! I've bought a lot of cubes for the other kids rooms from Amazon! They're cheaper there too. 
    I may have to check that out! I just loved how small it was yet it gave something to set things on. Only problem is that room is WAY smaller than I originally anticipated. We have a glider & the crib and it looks pretty filled out already! I might have to find a different spot for her swing (which is a smaller sized swing) and then I could probably fit that in there. Decisions decisions..
  • Aussie45 said:
    Aussie45 said:
    I don't know if you have Ikea near you but they sell a similar piece and make it in varying sizes called the Kallax.  I have the 2x2 boxes and the 4x2 boxes in my den and SIL has the 4x4.  They come in a bunch of colors and then I just bought fabric bins that fit from Target. 
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BlondePeanut are you done? You look done, and I'm jealous. My most recent update was dropping a jar on the glass top to the dresser and breaking the ever-living heck out of it. I was really looking forward to changing diapers on a glass surface that could be bleached mercilessly, lol.
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Lafreeman21 - I'm pretty much done. I haven't had my shower yet, so I will have to set up the swing and items I get from that, set up my chair in the corner, and disinfect bottles. I was crazy nesting so I got everything done before I hit the last trimester, and I am so glad I did b/c boy I am getting limited now. 

• Dresser should be delivered soon and then I'll post pictures of the somewhat finished room. That said, we have a couple things that have an "M" initial (a hook and one picture) and I can't hang those until baby is born because my mom is a total crazy person about guessing the name (like she will literally name every single name starting with an M until she gets it).
  • @MLRocha where is your recliner from?
  • @srscott3 - La-Z Boy.  It's a rocker with power recline.  We went over Veteran's Day weekend and got a great deal (I think they run sales all the time though).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MLRocha those heads crack me up. Can't wait to see the final version!
  • @TeacherMom2517 So cute! Also, omg! So many clothes!
  • @Shawlls I love your aesthetic! 
  • @teachermom2517 holy moly you have so many clothes! 
  • @krob looks amazing!! And I love those prints above the crib!
  •  
    We ordered my chair last night! Yaaaay!
  • @BlondePeanut - Is that the Melissa & Doug giraffe?  I haven't been able to convince DH that we need to have one of those.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes :) She was a gift at our baby shower and my nephew really thought she was for him to take him lol