TTC After a Loss
Options

Anyone drink Red Raspberry Leaf Tea?

Just curious. I was reading some articles on "balancing hormones" after a MC/CP and it mentioned RRL tea. I don't know if it really works, but I didn't see a ton of stuff about it being harmful. I am about 7 days out from ovulation and figured I would try for this week and probably stop after O. I couldn't tell from research if it is safe to drink while actually TTC due to concerns around uterine contractions, but it did say it was sometimes recommended during the 3rd trimester.

But anyway, was curious if anyone hear drinks it or has heard of it?

Re: Anyone drink Red Raspberry Leaf Tea?

• Options
    @dragonfly87 I didn't drink it, but I took the pills from CD 1- O day. It helped shorten my period and lessen my PMS symptoms. I was taking it each cycle when I started ttc, and started again when I was ttc after my MC. My O day didn't change and was still later (CD 17-24) while taking it. It wasnt until after my MC that my O day was "normal"- CD 14-16. I stopped taking it this cycle since I had a CP in Nov and I wanted to just be "au natural" and see what happens. My period was longer and I Oed later. Result of my CP or stopping RRL? I don't know. Just my two cents :)
  • Options
    @szwill86: Thanks for the response! I am still undecided. I have so much anxiety about TTC this cycle and wanting to try something that may help (even if a placebo effect). 

Are you waiting a cycle after your CP or jumping right back in?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dragonfly87 no problem! I jumped back in- there was no reason to wait as per my dr. I'm in my TWW already and trying to keep the crazies at bay. I understand the anxiety that comes with getting back into ttc again. Hopefully you do what you feel is right for you!
  • Options
    @szwill86: We are thinking about a relaxed TTC effort this cycle. My FW begins tomorrow (provided my cycle stays normal) and I should O on Friday or Saturday. 

My Doc said to wait 3 months to "build up a uterine lining" even though she performed no tests, but I thought that was a bit excessive....so we are just doing what feels right for us.
  • Options
    @dragonfly87 I have been drinking it on and off for over a year. My friend recommended that I try it and I got pregnant about 2 cycles after starting it. But have been drinking it on and off since my loss and we are now at a failed 10th cycle post loss. I did notice that it does help my period craps. It should be safe for TTC because it is recommended for pregnant women. There is a pregnancy tea that I buy at the grocery store and it has RRL in it. I will warm you if you haven't tried it yet, it tastes horrible! I would either use two tea bags (one RRL and one something else), or I would all rose hips or cinnamon bark. RRL is really bitter on its own. In the summer I will brew the RRL double strength and then add organic lemonade (1:1 ratio). If you like Starbucks peach green tea lemonade you can add peach syrup to it and it tastes just like it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I drink it for the length of my period.  It is suppose to tone and strengthen the uterus and also relieve period pain.  It is safe to drink throughout pregnancy.  I do believe there are guidelines as to how much during each trimester.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses ladies!