March 2017 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying: 12/06

What's got those tears flying today? 

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying: 12/06

• Lastnight after many failed attempts to get comfortable in bed I got up and got a drink. coming back into the bedroom I stubbed my toe while walking around to my side. Needless to say I broke my toe at 1am. I took all my power not to cuss and scream in pain in fear of waking my teething toddler up. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I cry over knowing I'm most likely not going to have the vbac I really wanted to try for. I know I can't control much with how the birth goes no matter what but I'm sad that a lot of the decisions are already out of my control. extra hormones don't help with this one...

• 1. DH kind of guilt tripped me last night about taking cough syrup. It was on my approved list and I've been suffering through it for a week already without taking anything. I was at my wits end last night and he "reminded" me that anything I take goes to baby. I burst into tears. I think he felt bad.

2. Watching tv today (because I'm sick on the couch) and they keep running this pampers ad about nicu babies. Giant tears.

Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• I got all weepy yesterday when I was organizing my son's old clothes. It literally took me all day, but seeing his little 0-3 month onsies brought back so many memories. I just couldn't believe he used to be that tiny. :'(  I'm getting all choked up again thinking about how he's not my little baby anymore. Thankfully he's still at that age where we wants to give hugs and kisses.
  • @RunBooRun Your H deserves a sack tap for that comment. Mine tried that BS with me when I was pregnant last time and I told him that I wasn't taking anything the doctor didn't approve and it's much better for baby for me to be healthy and rested than sick and exhausted. He hasn't said anything else.

I legit sobbed last night. Twice. I have a sinus infection, my 9 month old has a cold. He cried at me for 2 hours last night which is apparently my limit before I break down. Of course, when I started crying, he thought it was hilarious and started laughing. Then, when H came home he was a perfect angel. I went to the grocery store and cried in the parking lot for 15 minutes.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Nothing major. Finally had to give in and buy maternity clothes after avoiding it like the plague. Only spent $50 but still I just feel so big  :(
  • Aww creepy internet hugs @direwolfmini

• Don't watch Captain Fantastic!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @datalover13 it doesn't get easier either. had to do the same with dd last night who will be 8 this month. but you are totally doing the right thing by sticking to your word as hard as it may be!
  • ugh everything. Im sick and overtired so I'm stupid weepy at everything. Scrooged, hubby working late again, feel like DS didn't eat well enough today, datalovers story ... I'm going to bed soon..
  • @Gators&BoSox hugs mama.
    hope you get some rest and full healing soon!

I just put my toddler to bed ... for the first time on her new twin mattress floor bed-since her soon to be sibling will be needing the crib sooner than later. :disappointed: I thought it might take a while for this transition and she'd end up in her crib tonight anyway.. but she didn't make a peep. Waaah. my baby is growing up. 
  • Our house is pretty small. We gutted and remodeled it 2 years ago, when we thought IVF would never work and we would not have kids. Now we have a space situation on our hands because we compromised a bedroom for more of an open floor plan. So we only have 2 bedrooms. We intend to build a second floor on the house at some point, but it's probably several years off. We have done all the work on the house ourselves (with the extraordinary help of DH's father, who is a carpenter) and some landscaping outside which I hired out. We laid floors, did tiling, sanded, painted, so much work has gone into our home. It's small but we live steps from the beach so that's the compromise we made when we bought it. Another house very close to ours is for sale. I was looking at it on zillow and its PERFECT in every way. DH and I have sort of tossed the idea around about finding a larger home but have never been serious about it. Not to mention we also got married at our home. Anyway. Looked on zillow, felt guilt about thinking of leaving our little home that we love, HUGE TEARS. Waterworks. 
  • St.Jude Marathon on the radio this morning.  Cue all of the tears and take all of my money.  Heartbreaking.
  • @npaulie WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?! Man, that was beautiful. Sometimes a good cry can make things better, even if just temporarily. All joking aside, thanks for sharing that!
  • I was crying earlier at work because of frustration.  I wish I could just say F it and get up and leave forever.  Unfortunately that won't work.  My bosses don't listen to me when I say that there needs to be more than one person handling this project that I am working on.  In addition to all my other monthly tasks, I have this looming over my head, and of course it's all needed "yesterday."  Well then you should have sent it to me sooner.  I want to yell:  "I AM ONLY ONE PERSON!!"  ugh.  Cue tears again.  I am just over this day.  
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • @datalover13 re: This is Us. I am PISSED! I cried, too.

• Because I feel like a shitty person for not traveling an hour to see my aunt/ grandparents for Christmas dinner. I have really bad anxiety when it comes to driving. Pregnancy just makes this way way worse, like irrationally. I made up so many excuses instead of telling her the truth, which doesn't help my anxiety. She wouldn't leave it be and she's found ways around all my excuses so now I feel like I don't have a choice and it got to the point where I was like "ok I'm going to tell her I'm going and fake being sick Christmas eve to get out of it"...which is just crazy when I could just be honest and it would all make more sense to everyone. I know this all sounds so childish, which is why I couldn't help but cry. 
  • Because I feel like a shitty person for not traveling an hour to see my aunt/ grandparents for Christmas dinner. I have really bad anxiety when it comes to driving. Pregnancy just makes this way way worse, like irrationally. I made up so many excuses instead of telling her the truth, which doesn't help my anxiety. She wouldn't leave it be and she's found ways around all my excuses so now I feel like I don't have a choice and it got to the point where I was like "ok I'm going to tell her I'm going and fake being sick Christmas eve to get out of it"...which is just crazy when I could just be honest and it would all make more sense to everyone. I know this all sounds so childish, which is why I couldn't help but cry. 
    I completely understand the not at all logical weaving to try and please everyone instead of being honest. Sounds like something I would do to a T. Hope you can find a way to be honest and/or remove yourself from the obligation. 
  • Ugh, I feel fat. Crying because I'm fat & my face is so fat in photos I don't look like myself.  Sigh.
  • @datalover13 and @DrillSergeantCat Ummmm.... This is Us!  I watched it last night.  I can't deal.  January 10, 2017 I see is when it comes back.  I don't like these mid-season finales. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • jmacd22jmacd22 member
    edited December 2016
    ETA deleted comment
  • dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited December 2016
    Just not feeling great, but going to sleep at home and rest up. 
  • I just feel so inadequate as a mom sometimes and it makes me cry. Like when my 1yo ds doesn't nap or 2yo dd runs away from me in a parking lot.

i also cry at the thought of going anywhere with 3 kids by myself. i an seriously overwhelmed and I think it will be better than I'm imagining (that was my experience last time)  but there's so much time to wait and I'm worried now!! 
  • Guys, DH and I saw a dog get hit by a car today as we were walking home. We tried to go over and save him but he got scared and ran away and we couldn't catch him. I didn't have any of my dogs treats on me to try to lure him, and he had no collar on. I'm so sad!! :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh that is so sad @npaulie! It was really nice of you both to try and help him. Hopefully he was trying to head home? :( We have a family of deer that live in our neighborhood and one of them got hit over the weekend and I had a meltdown like it was a pet so I can relate. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I may or may not have cried when our closing date for our new house got pushed back a week. It may have been somewhat reasonable to cry had this been a long process, but this house kind of fell in our lap. We weren't planning on buying another house, but we found out about a great house in our neighborhood that wasn't even on the market yet, and it is going for a steal. We found out Thanksgiving week, and it's a cash sale, so we made an offer, accepted their counter offer and are paying cash, so it's still a pretty quick process. I was just hoping to close the week of my DH & I's school break so we could start moving while we had some time off. We still are closing on January 6th, so it is not a huge push back...but, hormones.

Also, I thought it would be a good idea to binge watch the first 10 episodes of This Is Us over the past few days since I've been home sick...Who in their right mind thinks that is a good idea when they have raging pregnancy hormones? Apparently I do.

@npaulie sooooo good!
  • Why is my pregnant self crying?! Call the Midwife! Every episode is beautiful and empowering and relatable and just agh too many feels. I recommend watching at least the first season to every pregnant mother, especially if you're hoping for a med-free birth! Just be ready to cry an awful lot <3
  • @silverbulletband Call the Midwife was my binge watch of choice during my last pregnancy! My mom was born around that time in England with a Midwife, so it was really cool to see what that experience would have been like for them. 
  • I cried as DH left the house this morning because I'm sick and I just want him to stay home to help with DD and take care of me.
  • DH informed me last night that his buddy is in fact coming over today. I sat in the corner crying, thinking about all of the chores I have to do today while entertaining DS. Really it's not a big deal, but in that moment when all i could think about was sleep it seemed like way too much lol
  • We are in the middle of a renovation of our kitchen and getting new laminate floors because a pipe burst in our kitchen, so it's not a fun!renovation, it's a 'why now?' renovation and not having a stove or kitchen sink and having our entire kitchen spread out all over the house is stressing me out. Coupled with the fact that I have a cold and I think sciatica? Yeah, I might have busted into some tears this morning. And I might have taken it out on my husband too. 
  • I cried yesterday at my swim meet. It was our first one and one of the swimmers I was so proud of because last year she struggled with the 500 race which is 20 laps. She did so amazing I was all weepy. The entire team did amazing.

• Nothing too specific - Just feeling like a failure is many means.. life, job, trying to get house ready for more renos.. ugh - sorry overdramatic