March 2017 Moms
Options

TGIF (Friday Ticker Change) 12/9

This is for the lovely March Mommas with 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31 EDDs! 

How far along are you

How big is baby

Upcoming appointments this week? If not, when is your next appointment

Any new symptoms or changes

Rants/Raves/Questions

GTKY: What holiday traditions are you planning on having with your family?

An extra ? for those planning on celebrating Christmas... Will you encourage the belief of Santa Claus in your house? Why or why not? If so, will all your Christmas gifts be from Santa, or a combination of parent and Santa gifts? Why
?

Re: TGIF (Friday Ticker Change) 12/9

• Options
    How far along are you? - 28 weeks - 3rd Tri!!!! :) 

How big is baby? - Babies are the size of eggplants

Upcoming appointments this week? If not, when is your next appointment? - Next normal prenatal is next week, next ultrasound is on the 22nd. 

Any new symptoms or changes? - Tons of movement, lack of sleep, some swelling in my hands and feet. The belly is definitely heavy by the end of the day as well. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? - We had our first baby shower last weekend. It was a lot of fun and it was wonderful to see how loved our little ones are already. 

GTKY: What holiday traditions are you planning on having with your family? Christmas is big in our family. Lots of get togethers, family time, etc. We are planning on doing some special one on one time with just us and the babies and the dog on Christmas eve night after we go to my MILs and first thing Christmas morning will just be us. Otherwise I am looking forward to introducing them to the craziness of the families this time of year. 

An extra ? for those planning on celebrating Christmas... Will you encourage the belief of Santa Claus in your house? Why or why not? If so, will all your Christmas gifts be from Santa, or a combination of parent and Santa gifts? Why
    ? - We will do Santa in our home as well as parent presents. However, we are planning on limiting Santa to only 3 gifts as a way to represent the gifts that the wise men brought to Jesus. We want to instill in the kids the importance of the season and try to keep the presents from being top priority (or at least do our best). 
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    How far along are you? 27 weeks 

How big is baby? a big siracha or a deflated basketball

Upcoming appointments this week? If not, when is your next appointment? next appointment is the 15th. glucose, US and check up

Any new symptoms or changes? a little swelling and boy are the hormones raging. I feel like I'm trapped in a crazy person's mind sometimes where I know I'm being ridiculous and yet I can't help it. GAH!

Rants/Raves/Questions? done Christmas shopping! now onto wrapping.. which I love. My grandma always gives the prettiest presents that make you feel so special so I try to follow in her footsteps. Got really cute ribbons and bows and even little jingle bells to add to some of them. We have to transport the majority of them though so I have to be cognizant of that...

GTKY: What holiday traditions are you planning on having with your family? This year we are doing a small family Christmas Eve morning with just the 3 of us and a big brunch before we go visit everyone else. When the kids are older I want them to be involved in making Christmas cookies and I also want us to volunteer as a family, especially at Christmastime. I want them to see what the holiday is really about. I also want us to be around as much family as possible.

? We will just because I think you only get a few years to be young and innocent. We will do parent presents too. I worry sometimes bc I don't want them to be disappointed when they find out Santa's not real, but I think we will explain it as Santa is real as an idea of giving and love. And now you get to be a part of the Santa miracle. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ironically I came across this article related to the Santa thing this afternoon - thought some might find it interesting..........https://www.today.com/parents/santa-real-handling-santa-talk-your-kids-t105765

Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    @Finallyhismrs07  I was never quite sure how I was going to pull off the transition and I love this. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 26w
    How big is baby? butternut squash
    Upcoming appointments this week? If not, when is your next appointment? Another appointment Tuesday. I finally have to do my GD test that I've been putting off. 
    Any new symptoms or changes? I apparently started snoring... so that's new, lol. And not like an "aww that's so cute" kinda snore, but according to my husband more of a "is there a freight train in our bedroom" kinda snore. lol.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? DH has been sleeping on the couch because of the aforementioned snoring. I feel so bad for him...
    GTKY: What holiday traditions are you planning on having with your family? One interesting one in our family... we like to buy goofy glasses that distort your vision and go look at Christmas lights. Also, because of a cute family story, we also decorate gingerbread houses for Santa's reindeer and I want to include that too!
    ? So I asked this selfishly because it's been on my mind lately... I was raised that gifts only came from Santa - my parents never took any credit. Recently, I've been considering how children compare their gifts with friends (out of excitement) and that the unintended effect is that kids compare how good Santa was to them. I don't want any friend of my kid to think they are "bad" because of gifts I gave my kid from Santa... So I will limit it. 3 or so gifts from Santa (and nothing crazy extravagant) and other gifts (including any large gifts) from us as parents. I was interested to hear others perspectives on this. 
  • Options
    Ugh I just read that article and I am now in tears. Most adorable thing ever. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 27w

How big is baby? Lettuce or fennec fox

Upcoming appointments this week? If not, when is your next appointment? Usual Monday progesterone appointment. 

Any new symptoms or changes? I have a lot of dizziness. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I miss wine. 

GTKY: What holiday traditions are you planning on having with your family? We started a tradition of baking different treats each weekend before Christmas. It's fun!

?Gifts will be a combination. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @KellyT22 I hear ya on the wine! I've had a little, but I'm dying for a glass right now. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @KellyT22 glad I'm not the only one on the dizziness train!

How far along are you? 26 weeks!

How big is baby? Some sort of leafy thing.

Upcoming appointments this week? If not, when is your next appointment? All the fun stuff on Wendesday. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Just feeling huge, which is silly. Have a sinus infection which is kind of the worst.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I can't believe it's the middle of December already?!

GTKY: What holiday traditions are you planning on having with your family? On Christmas Eve we'll probably do one present that has Christmas jammies, hot chocolate, and a movie to watch.

? Yeah we'll do Santa, and gifts we'll be a combination. Worked out well for me and my family.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options

How far along are you
    ? 28 weeks! 

How big is baby? Size of a rollerblade :)

Upcoming appointments this week? If not, when is your next appointment? Regular OB appt Tuesday

Any new symptoms or changes? Apparently constipation has returned. Reduction in low back/hip/pelvic pain and swelling, thanks to chiropractor and compression socks! 

As of today, very painful gums. I do remember this from my last pregnancy but it's bizarre how it came on so suddenly! 

Rants/Raves/Questions
    RANT- The nice maternity winter coat I bought apparently SUCKS for keeping me warm. It's worthless! I've been using my long puffy Northface and just have to leave a couple buttons on my belly undone, but it keeps me so much warmer. 

RAVE: SNOWWWWWWW! Also, I'm on vacation for the next week!

GTKY: What holiday traditions are you planning on having with your family? Currently trying to figure that out. Also I'm too tired to type much right now.  

? See previous answer! 
    BabyFetus Ticker