June 2017 Moms
Options

Waking up in the middle of the night??

edited December 2016 in June 2017 Moms
I've been waking up at 2-3am every night this week and this sucks! I either have to pee or just need a sip of something. I have to wake up for work at 6:50am, so this is not ideal. Last night I came on here, checked email and instagram which I'm sure checking phone is making it worse to fall back to sleep. I took half a unisom yesterday and I'll do the same now. Wtf?!? I went to bed at 10pm.    I should still be asleep!

Re: Waking up in the middle of the night??

• Options
    I have the same problem. It's almost 5 am here and I've been up since 3:30. I usually can't get back to sleep unless I eat something but even then it's a struggle!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    It's been going on for weeks.  I only get a full night sleep if I take something, which I don't like to do.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i STARTED this way, woke up around 3:30 and just couldn't fall back asleep at all!! but luckily that has passed.  I still wake up quite a few times at night, but fall back asleep ok after a pee or a sip.

Screens of any kind of definitely not helping.  the blue light in them actually stops melatonin production in your brain.  you're better off with something like reading a boring book... i know melatonin is safe during pregnancy, but id check with ur doc about dosage, that i am not sure of... maybe if you took some before bedtime it would help you stay asleep al night..
  • Options
    I wake up at 5:27 on the dot most days, but I don't get up for work until 6:30, it's so frustrating.  
  • Options
    I think of it as baby training. I'm up 2-4x a night, to pee, or just for funsies. I've learned that through my own pregnancy and the first 18 months with a new baby,  I sleep so lightly that any movement or noise wakes me up. After 18 months I go back to my normal "sleep through a vacuum cleaner beside my head" type of sleeping. 
  • Options
    I feel like this just past week I've started having trouble sleeping. I've been waking up once in the middle of the night just like you guys, and then really having a hard time getting comfortable.
  • Options
    I have been dealing with this off and on for the last couple of months, too.

At my MW appt this week it was suggested that I try Calm, a calcium-magnesium powder. I haven't woken up more than 15 minutes before my alarm so I haven't tried it yet .
    As soon as I do, I'll report back with my thoughts!

• Options
    4:30 every night... I have to move from the bed to the couch. I have to wake up at 5am. It's so frustrating!!
  • Options
    Oh man!!!!!!! That sucks!!!!!!! I don't think half a Unisom can be harmful. It's only the ingredient in Benadryl. I had been taking Diclegis for nausea (Unisom and b6) one since week 5. now that I don't need them, I think just Unisom should be fine if I can't get back to sleep. 
  • Options
    I hear you ladies.  I'm getting up at a minimum 2 times at night to pee, and then will wake up at 4am or so and have trouble falling back to sleep.  If I am having problems earlier in the night, I will take a Benadryl or two.  I'm trying to get all my sleep in now!!!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been having sleeping issues for the past couple weeks as well. Toss and turning, up a few times...it's awful! My doctor suggested unisom-tried it one night so far and I definitely noticed a difference. Was a little groggy in the morning, so that's why I'm hesitant on taking it during the week when I have to be up at 5:50! 
  • Options
    I get up between 2:30 and 3:30 to get up and pee. And then while I'm up, I usually get a drink and sometimes a snack. 
  • Options
    I don't remember the last time I was able to sleep through the night- and I used to be such a good sleeper. Now I get up 2x a night to use the bathroom. Anywhere from midnight - 2am and then around 4-6am (I wake up at 7/7:30 to get up). It seems I have about a 4 hour period I can "hold it".
    Me: 28  DH: 30
    Married 5/8/2011
    TTC #1 since 9/2015
    BFP #1 1/14/16, MC 3/23/16
    BFP #2 9/21/2016, EDD 5/30/2017
  • Options
    Last night, i actually slept through the night. Perhaps because it was Friday and I was exhausted from the week. I also went to bed a little later than usual (10:30pm).
  • Options
    I've been waking up once a night to go pee and I thought that was annoying, but now I'm trying to train myself to stop stomach sleeping and I swear I wake up every 30 minutes now. 

I hate sleeping on my side because it kills my shoulders, but last night I started having these crazy pains in my uterus. It felt like a sharp shooting pain that would wake me up and as soon as I switched sides it would go away. Then I would wake up again from feeling it on the opposite side. So I just spent the entire night tossing back and forth even more than usual  :(  guessing it was round ligament pain? Who knows though, all I want is to just sleep on my stomach through an entire night!
  • Options
    ccc021090 said:
    I've been waking up once a night to go pee and I thought that was annoying, but now I'm trying to train myself to stop stomach sleeping and I swear I wake up every 30 minutes now. 

I hate sleeping on my side because it kills my shoulders, but last night I started having these crazy pains in my uterus. It felt like a sharp shooting pain that would wake me up and as soon as I switched sides it would go away. Then I would wake up again from feeling it on the opposite side. So I just spent the entire night tossing back and forth even more than usual  :(  guessing it was round ligament pain? Who knows though, all I want is to just sleep on my stomach through an entire night!
    Side, especially left side is best. I get the shoulder ache as well, and prefer stomach. The mini snoogle helps. I tried the big one and didn't like it.
  • Options
    I'm up two to three nights to pee. In addition to waking because of DH's snoring or one of the girls getting up. 

I'm not sure I've slept through the night anytime in the last seven years. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendation NYCprof, I just ordered it. I've been trying to decide if I should order one but was worried it would take up too much space. Plus I'll buy anything at this point if it'll help me sleep more than an hour at a time!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    ccc021090 said:
    Thanks for the recommendation NYCprof, I just ordered it. I've been trying to decide if I should order one but was worried it would take up too much space. Plus I'll buy anything at this point if it'll help me sleep more than an hour at a time!
    Happy I could help! I like Mini snoogle because it allows you to use your own pillow as well. The regular was massive and difficult to maneuver. It takes a little getting use to, but I'm sure it'll be especially helpful when my belly gets bigger .
  • Options
    I have this issue too. I got the snoogle last week which has helped me sleep better, but I still wake up at least once a night and have a hard time falling back asleep. I think part of my problem too is that I work nights so I'm semi-used to being awake at that time. 
  • Options
    I ended up taking a Tylenol PM most nights for the last month of my pregnancy with DS 1. That was what my Dr recommended at the time. I have some unisom on deck for this time. It's not awful yet, so I haven't taken it yet, but I probably will at some point.
  • Options
    I get horrible insomnia when pregnant so I am usually up for the day sometime between 2 and 4. Can't take anything either due to being an active sleepwalker. Doctors always fear I will be that person on the news driving my car while asleep