TTC After a Loss
Options

Tested positive for anticardiolipin igm

Has anyone tested positive for this? I have twice with repeat testing. 34 and 28 this time. All other tests including lupus were negative. What does it mean? 

Re: Tested positive for anticardiolipin igm

• Options
    Hi @KyCade3013. I had indeterminate results (12) that went away on repeat testing. Your results look like they could be positive for these antibodies, but the threshold varies by lab, so I can't be sure. Do you have an appointment to talk with your doctor about this? I'm on mobile, so I can't see siggys and I don't remember your history.

These tests are part of the testing needed to diagnose Antiphospholipid Syndrome, which is a blood clotting disorder. It usually means taking a blood thinner (aspirin and/or heparin) during pregnancy. Your doctor can diagnose you and advise on what you should do next. I think talking with an RE or a MFM would be useful to discuss these results. The good news is that if you do have APS, success rates for pregnancy go way up with treatment. 
  • Options
    KyCade3013KyCade3013 member
    edited December 2016
    Hey @RiverSong15. I've had to M/c first at 10 weeks and 2nd at 7 weeks. 7 weeks was a random chromosome thing that doesn't reoccur. The first is unknown, tissue was too old to test or something,had started mixing with mine. Anyway.. I think the 10 week one may have happened cause this but I'll never know. I'm positive for anti-cardiolipin agm, however negative for anti-cardiolipin agg and the other one as well as lupus. This was my 2nd repeat testing and it came back yet again contradictory. In this lab, undeterminate is 21 -13. Below 12 negative. Very weak positive is 21-39. Positive 40+, very positive over 80. I'm kind of on the cusp of underterminate (but it came up twice) they said I likely will need heprin injections once bfp -which I'm terrified of. My doctor still needs to consult with me and read the results of all my panels to determine, but that's a full month away January 5th. I may put myself on baby aspirin for now, is that dangerous? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *lurking* 

@KyCade3013 - I also had indeterminate levels (19 the first time and 14 the second time) of IgM but my IgG was negative. They told me IgG were the more dangerous antibodies to have so it's good those were negative for you. I was put on baby asprin - my RE told me to just not take until I ovulated as everyone bleeds a little when the egg is released and the asprin thins your blood enough that it can cause you to bleed more. Otherwise it can't hurt - it can only help. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    @KyCade3013 There are some recent grads that are on heparin. @a2003tiger and @sparrowmomma24 I think. They may be able to answer any questions you have about Lovenox injections. As far as aspirin, my RE said it couldn't really hurt and that I could start taking it with a BFP.
  • Options
    @KyCade3013, I do Lovenox injections and aspirin throughout pregnancy. But I do it because of prior blood clots. I'm happy to answer any questions!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks! !