January 2017 Moms

Friday Ticker Change 12/9/16

Better late than never!

How far along are you? What's new with your little babe?

What are you doing to prepare for the baby's arrival this week?

Questions / Symptoms / Rants / Raves:

When's your next appointment?

GTKY: Other than a healthy baby, what are you hoping for during the holiday season?
Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
"It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Re: Friday Ticker Change 12/9/16

• How far along are you? What's new with your little babe?
    35 weeks!! Baby is fattening up and was super heads down at my appt on Wednesday. 

Packing my bag!! I need to do it. Besides that just trying to organise everything. 

I've started having so many braxton hicks contractions. There's no pattern so I'm not worried but it's uncomfortable. I feel huge and the most miserable I've been all pregnancy. Can't believe I have over a month to go!

A week from Wednesday with the midwife. All being well I'll be referred to my hospitals low risk birth centre.

GTKY: Other than a healthy baby, what are you hoping for during the holiday season?
    Itll be my husband and I's first Christmas just the two of us so I look forward to creating some memories for our own family.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? What's new with your little babe? 36 weeks! He's the size of a papaya.

What are you doing to prepare for the baby's arrival this week? Nothing really.. I think we are all set. Just waiting for him to get here now!

Questions / Symptoms / Rants / Raves: I feel ya on the Braxton Hicks, @hayhay87! They are getting more and more intense.

When's your next appointment? Next Wednesday.  We also have a breastfeeding and newborn class that week. And a tour of the hospital that Saturday.

GTKY: Other than a healthy baby, what are you hoping for during the holiday season? Just some peace and quiet. I am so ready to take a breather before I enter motherhood.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? What's new with your little babe? 34 weeks.  He's the size of butternut squash and weighs about 5 pounds. 

What are you doing to prepare for the baby's arrival this week?  We had my baby shower last week so we're FINALLY ready to start on his room.  We're picking up the rest of the paint this weekend and will start clearing out the room.  We did a 3D/4D ultrasound session this week so the grandparents could sit and watch.  It was amazing.  There wasn't a dry eye in the room. 

Questions / Symptoms / Rants / Raves:  Hearburn, trouble sleeping, and I'm still dealing with this sinus infection although my symptoms have subsided. 

When's your next appointment?  Regular appointment on December 22.  After that we will start going once a week! Yikes!

GTKY: Other than a healthy baby, what are you hoping for during the holiday season? I'm looking forward to my brother flying home and spending the day with my family.  We eat a lot of food, watch holiday movies and just enjoy our time together.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
    36 weeks.  Baby A is head down and so low I feel like it's about to fall out.  Baby B is breech and way up in my kidney.  Both are now over 6lbs each!

I HAVE to install the car seats this weekend.  Apparently DH is incapable of this task?

Feeling giant at this point and generally uncomfortable.  But I am so grateful to have made it this far with twins.  I told DH this week that I am amazed at what my body has been able to do.

OB and NST today.

I'm hoping that these two come before Christmas and we can all spend Christmas at home for our first time as a family of 5.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

33 wks...celery or a small melon or something.

I've ordered a ton of stuff for his nursery to decorate--including the fabric for the curtains/bumpers. Hopefully it will all come in the next week or so then while I'm off for the holidays I can get that room done! 

Time does seem to be running out. Between the holidays and work, I'm loaded with projects until the week I deliver. Eeek! 

Dec. 20, general check up

Just some good family time. I'll be off work for 1.5 wks during Christmas which I've never done. I'm looking forward to doing stuff with my DH and DS, getting some projects done, watching Christmas movies and baking. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016

34 weeks. Baby is still head down, nothing new.
    Dilated 1cm 50% effaced.

I made muffins and cookie dough for the freezer, sterilized all bottles, pumps and binkies. Packed our hospital bags.

Braxton Hicks getting painful and keeping me up sometimes at night. 

36 weeks. 

To cross off everything on my baby registry. nobody has offered a shower yet as its my second son in 2 years. 
    34 weeks! LO is head down. :)

Tomorrow we are going to Ikea to find either a dresser or some kind of storage we can use in a small apartment. All his stuff is piled in one spot, so it's probably time to get it all organized and put away. lol

All the same symptoms as the last month, just getting more intense. Although I actually made an appointment to go to a chripractor next week to see if I can get some of this back pain relieved. D:

Next Saturday.

NO DRAMA!
    Usually some Aunt/Uncle gets in a huge fight with either my dad or another Aunt/Uncle or cousin... Hoping that doens't happen this year. But you know. Family. Lol

Plus something usually always comes up with my In-Laws. DH just got over a big fight with his parents and all is good so far, but he's on iffy terms with his brothers so we'll see how that goes.... lol

It's just that time of year!! LOL
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker