August 2017 Moms
Options

Exercise/Fitness Check-in 12/9

We'll use this thread to check-in for the week

1: How far along are you?  

2: How was your last week?

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?

6: GTKY: What is your favorite type of exercise and why?

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

Re: Exercise/Fitness Check-in 12/9

• Options
    1: How far along are you?  4 weeks

2: How was your last week? Not horrible. I walk a lot, but not in a "get my heart rate up way" and I've still not gotten my butt back into gear to do actual work outs. Eating was okayyy. I need to eat more veggies. But I've been good about just not having unhealthy things around.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  Track my eating every day. Start 21 day fix workouts again. (I've done them several rounds and they're great for getting me out of ruts)

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? I love this question! This Sunday is the first date night since we found out so we'll go to a restaurant I've been eyeing for awhile :)

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? No cravings or major fatigue yet.. so I have no excuses to make bad choices haha. 

6: GTKY: What is your favorite type of exercise and why? I love working out at home, if that counts as a type of workout. I feel so much more free at home to wear whatever and push hard even if I feel like I look ridiculous. My favorite is probably PiYo. But 21 Day Fix is also great. I lost 40lbs last year with those programs, so I'm a fan.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1: How far along are you?  5 weeks 1 day 

2: How was your last week? Okay,  Ive been super tired and been going to bed super early

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  workout or walk (walking my dog at night) each day during the week.  I would like to say that I could do an easy run, but ive been so tired, I dont want to push it. 

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments?  Going to my office christmas party tonight, and then possibly braving the cold tomorrow to go ice skating at a new rink in the city I live in. 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? Ive been drinking a ton of water so that is helping with my bloat, but I just cant seem to wake up today, and I slept so long last night! 

6: GTKY: What is your favorite type of exercise and why? Not working out! I am not athletic and working out is the last thing I want to do each day, but I really want to not gain a ton of weight. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1: How far along are you?  4 weeks 6 days

2: How was your last week? Meh. I've been trying to eat healthy things. But sweets keep calling me back in

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  I just went and signed up with our gym that is offered through my work place. I plan on at least going a few days a week to walk on the treadmill, do the bikes etc. In January they are starting yoga classes again so I'll be doing those as well.

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? Well tonight we are having our dept Christmas party. I just started at the beginning of this year so I've heard it's like a 5 course meal!

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? I've been drinking a lot of water and eating and fruits and veggies. I gained 33lbs with my first and I vow to not gain that much and go over 200 lbs this time!

6: GTKY: What is your favorite type of exercise and why? Yoga! I started doing it this summer and I loved it. I hate doing cardio and this workout I was starting to see definition in my muscles just doing yoga twice a week! Plus I have scoliosis and this helps my back and core out so much!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1: How far along are you?  
    6 weeks today

2: How was your last week?
    Ran 3x and had an ice hockey game. I'm also about to head out for my lunchtime run.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  
    The same in terms of exercise but I want to be better/not impulsive about eating during the day. I work from home so it is HARD.

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 
    No exercise planned tomorrow - just a fun day with family and visiting a friend.

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I get flustered by this unpredictable weather. I think it's in the 40s, so I can't get my running outfit quite right. I'm either too hot or too cold!

6: GTKY: What is your favorite type of exercise and why?
    These days it's probably running. It just allows me to completely clear my head and gives me this great sense of accomplishment, probably because it's a sport that's so easily quantifiable. I can see after a run that I've gone X distance at X speed and taken X number of steps, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. Just over 4 weeks

2. Okay. The exhaustion set in the week before, so now that I know why I'm having a harder time with keeping my distance and pace, I am trying to give my body grace. 

3. To get back running and off the elliptical. 

4. Uhhh... nothing. 

5. I have been getting really into running and just want to keep it up. I was planning on doing my first half marathon in 2017, which I know isn't going to happen now. 

6. Running. Not into races yet, but I enjoy the solitude of it. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• Options
    clrgrdfrkclrgrdfrk member
    edited December 2016
    @LifeAtMyOwnPace A podcast I listen to recommends dressing for 20 degrees hotter then the temperature. I did it last week, it was in the 30s and dressed like 50s, just capris and a long sleeved shirt. Before I warmed up I was chilly but after the first five minutes or so I was surprised how comfortable I was. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012