June 2016 Moms

Separation anxiety

Anyone dealing with this for sleep?  Preston is normally fine with me walking out for a bit during play time. But for bed and naps he spins around and watches us leave and start hollering.  It only lasts a minute, if that, but it still sucks to hear.  Even if we go pick him up, he doesn't want to sleep on us, he just wants to talk or play.  We tried giving him a toy to distract him and the worked for all of a day lol.  We play peek-a-boo and games like that but so far nothing has helped.  Anyone go through this phase already, is this a come and go thing or will he always end up yelling for us for a long while?

Re: Separation anxiety

• It'll probably come and go, the fact that he's upset for such a short time period is good. My oldest would cry and cry and at one point he started banging his head on the crib. He knew if I heard the I'm in pain cry I would come in. He'd have these bruises on his forehead and I'd get the dirtiest looks from people. He didn't start that till he was about 1. 
  • I've heard of this happening at month 6, but I don't know if my son will do the same thing. He's in a daycare all day long and some weekends, he'll visit grandma or his aunt all day. So he's shuffled around a lot.