August 2017 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 12/8

This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 3, Aug 10, Aug 17, Aug 24, Aug 31

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKYWhat do you do for a living?  If it's not your dream job, what would be?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 12/8

• How far along are you? 6 weeks

How big is baby? Sweet pea

Upcoming appointments this week? Not until Dec 29

Any new symptoms or changes? Diarrhea has mostly gone away, yay!  I get nauseous often. It eating helps so I eat snacks a lot. Super fatigued and napping any chance I have. Peeing a lot. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Half way through 1st tri!  I'm so ready to be in the 2nd as most of my symptoms went away then in my first pregnancy. 

GTKYWhat do you do for a living?  If it's not your dream job, what would be? I'm a SAHM and also have my own Perfectly Posh business. I love being a SAHM and prior to this, always wanted to be an architect. I was an engineer before DD came along. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you?  5 weeks! 

How big is baby? The size of a Lavender bud (I have my Ovia set to give me baking related sizes) 

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope not until the 19th

Any new symptoms or changes? Super tired and my boobs are super sore.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Its almost Christmas, and I only have to drive to work 5 more times this year, due to working from home/vacation! 

GTKYWhat do you do for a living?  If it's not your dream job, what would be? I am a Web Developer.  I work on keeping the website I work on looking nice, and working smoothly for the user.  I am not 100% sure its my dream job, but then again I thought teaching was my dream job until I did it and then quit! So Maybe Im just indecisive. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Loading the player...
  • awheeler4311awheeler4311 member
    edited December 2016
    How far along are you? 6 weeks 

How big is baby? Sweet pea 

Upcoming appointments? Not until my nurse appointment on 12/20 

Any new symptoms? Knock on wood. I'm doing better this pregnancy than last. I was soooo sick and couldn't stay awake last pregnancy. I have a DS and this feels polar opposite. My boobs are sore, and I go from exhausted to ZOMG ENEGRY in 30 seconds flat. 

Rants/raves/questions? DH is interviewing for a new job today. A really big awesome job. I've also done exactly no Christmas shopping yet. 

EDIT BC WHERE DID THE REST OF MY STUFF GO

What do you do for a living? Currently a SAHM starting a career in real estate (just got licensed this week). I also have a masters in public health, a yoga instructor and some of my last job titles included dog washer and barn (horse) manager. Hoping real estate gives me the flexibility I desire while allowing me to work with my passion. I'm also indecisive! My husband calls me "well rounded"
  • @bumpybump Hello fellow Posh friend! I sell it as well!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks 

How big is baby? Appleseed 

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, my first appt isn't until 12/30 

Any new symptoms or changes? Mainly just exhaustion. I normally stay up late to do housework and then chill with DH, but lately I've been going to bed right atter
    our 2 DDs are asleep! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I recently moved to a new (very small) town. So now I'm going to have to drive 1 Hr 20 min to get to my midwife! But the very small town I moved to doesn't have a labor and delivery unit in the hospital. So even if I didn't see my midwife it would still be a 45-50 minute drive to the nearest hospital I could deliver at. So I figure I might as well drive the 1 Hr and 20 min. It's certainly going to make things a bit more challenging once labor hits! 

GTKYWhat do you do for a living?  If it's not your dream job, what would be?I'm a social worker. I work for Adult Protective Services. So it's my job to investigate abuse and exploitation of our seniors and adults with disabilities. I used to do CPS (3 1/2 yrs) but the schedule was way too crazy with having littles at home. It's definitely not my dream job. I desperately want to be a stay at home mom. But my husband is a pastor, so my job is the majority of our income and our health insurance. If anyone has brilliant ideas for work from home jobs please let me know. I dying to find a way to stay home with all my children after this baby is born. 
  • How far along are you? 4 Weeks

How big is baby? Tiny

Upcoming appointments this week? Had one Tuesday to confirm. We go Jan 9 for a check and u/s

Any new symptoms or changes? Just tired. Super tired. And I've run to the bathroom three times today thinking I was going to crap myself. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Still just starting to sink in. Getting excited. 

GTKYWhat do you do for a living?  If it's not your dream job, what would be?

I'm high school special education teacher in Iowa. I'd love to be a SAHM and work or volunteer half time doing something with thecommunity or church. I'd also consider working from home, but it would have to be the right fit. . 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Two beautiful babies from a previous marriage.
    DS: 8.6.10               DD: 2.19.13

DH: 29    ME: 33
    DH: Low Morphology
    ME: PCOS

Surprise BFP five days before our IUI consult! 
    Overjoyed and thankful.

• How far along are you?  5 weeks

How big is baby? appleseed

Upcoming appointments this week? nope. PEE ON ALL THE STICKS!  :p

Any new symptoms or changes? surprisingly, yes. fatigue set in as well as nesting, oddly enough. My household is loving the newly clean home and the smell of bleach :)

Rants/Raves/Questions? just hit me that we're going to need a different stroller. DD1 will be 3.5 and DD2 will still be 1 when baby is born. Yikes. Having babies are too expensive nowadays. Can you baby wear in the front and the back at the same time? Lol but seriously though...

GTKYWhat do you do for a living?  If it's not your dream job, what would be? I am a SAHM. It's rewarding but also the toughest job I've ever worked (long hours and no breaks). I taught at a Title I for a year before our move cross-country but I wouldn't say I LOVED it. It was challenging, too. Not to mention I had a newborn at home while learning how to teach. I guess my dream job would be selling real estate on the weekends and being successful in the invention and business ideas my husband and I have.
  • @Rgriffin91 yes, you can babywear front and back. It's called tandem babywearing.  They even have a carrier with a front and back ( https://m.buybuybaby.com/m/product/stuff-4-multiples-twingaroo-tandem-double-baby-carrier-in-black/1045150890?skuId=45150890&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_activity_&adpos=1o2&creative=87521932980&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=45150890&gclid=CMezweTF5dACFQW5wAodMQoI5Q) or you can use two carriers. 
    Also, I know it's pricey but the Baby Jogger City Select is a double stroller with an option glider board attachment. So your oldest could use the glider while the other two use the seats. It goes back to a single stroller too so you can get years of use from it. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Rgriffin91Rgriffin91 member
    edited December 2016
    @bumpybump yikes! Both of those items are very pricey. I'm worried that my oldest still isn't ready to walk or stand during the totality of our outings. I'm sure I'm just overthinking things. But, it's good to know that the tech is available! Thanks!

ETA English is hard