April 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread 11/30

Last week's thread got eaten by the glitch, but I figured we could use an old one until today. 
Fire away! What's ailing you this week? 

Re: Symptoms Thread 11/30

• Ok, I asked my doctor yesterday about all the pelvic pain and how, unlike RLP, it's not sudden sharp pain, but constant dull pain that makes it hard to walk. While I appreciated they this doctor listened a lot longer to my questions, he had no explanation for me. He said my urine sample was clear of infection, my ultrasound showed no ovarian cysts or anything, but he had no explanation for my pain and just suggested a maternity belt. It's not there 24/7, but most of the day it hurts and especially at the end of the day it's hard to stand up, lift my legs or pull my knees to my chest, and when I wake up in the morning it's really bad, especially if my bladder is full. It feels like muscle soreness just above the pubic hairline, as well as along my thighs and up to my stomach. Basically where RLP should be, but constant. 

Sorry for the book! But I welcome your input. It's making me miserable and I've got such a long way to go and grow! I know some of you have had similar pain and I've heard mention of SPD/PGP. Thoughts? 
  • I have been experiencing similar pelvic pain - according to my doctor it is just the weight of the uterus pressing on everything. She also suggested a maternity belt (arriving from amazon tomorrow, will see if it helps). The other annoying/related symptom I have been having is pelvic pressure, like on the bottom of my pelvic bone, but closer to the back. Basically where you would sit on a bike seat if that makes sense. It almost feels like the bones are being pulled apart. This was the major thing that has had me freaked out about preterm labor since "pelvic pressure" was on the list of symptoms. However they measured my cervical length and it was 3.9 which is well above where they get concerned about that (I think the cutoff is 2.5) and everything looks normal according to my doctor...so I guess it's just one more thing I will have to get used to. I also think it might be pelvic girdle pain? But that's just based on my research/what I have read on here, my doctor hasn't mentioned that term. Also open to suggestions from any of you who have experienced this on ways to lessen it as it's getting pretty frustrating and I think it's going to keep getting worse as time goes on.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @HGRich
    I have similar pain, to the left of the hairline- and it worsens with activity. I stopped running to see if it would get better, but it even flares up with extended walking. I have been wearing my belly band doubled up to give some support and it feels a bit better. 
  • @HGRich, I have a friend pregnant right now too, and she swears by Kinesio Tape, to offer support and take some of the uterine pressure off your other organs. I ordered some from Amazon, and my aunt, an OT, is going to show me how to place it. But I think you can also find videos online. 

Other than RLP and heartburn flaring up, I have been having serious anxiety issues and almost anxiety attacks. We were at the grocery on Monday, and I had to leave because I felt like someone was sitting on my chest. I have an appointment on the 10th, and plan to talk to my ob about it then. 
  • @rachelmiller03 my anxiety has also been out of control lately and I have also been having panic attacks. My OB was pretty supportive of trying medication to manage it, along with the therapy I have been doing already. Hopefully your OB has some suggestions for you as well and that you can get it under control - anxiety is the absolute worst  :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @rachelmiller03 that's a good point. I have a friend who's a physical therapist. She lives out of town but maybe she could walk me through it. Also videos are a good idea. Thank you. And so sorry you're having panic attacks. :(
  • No matter what I do I can't sleep comfortably! I wake up every morning in excruciating back pain and hip pain and I'm out of things to try!
  • I never feel hungry but i obviously am...I'm getting constant headaches and nausea and every time I eat, it helps.  I don't know how to consume enough calories at this point while I'm teaching.

Also, I taught so hard today I'm first trimester tired. But man, those kids worked!

@HGRich have you tried a chiro?  I swore by mine first pregnancy....

Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @cafedisco I love your phrase "I taught so hard.."  :D
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @cafedisco I love your phrase "I taught so hard.."  :D
    It's the most accurate way to describe what happened....my classroom looks like a hurricane tore through today.  Good reason to be tired for sure...until you remember it's not Friday yet!!!
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • cafedisco said:
    @cafedisco I love your phrase "I taught so hard.."  :D
    It's the most accurate way to describe what happened....my classroom looks like a hurricane tore through today.  Good reason to be tired for sure...until you remember it's not Friday yet!!!
    We are almost there...
  • Well, for the first time this entire pregnancy, I've thrown up (19+2). I'm assuming it was something I ate, but I really have no clue.
  • @KirstinH88 I threw up for the first time shortly before Thanksgiving and I think it was acid reflux-related. No nausea prior.  I just bent over to pick up something after eating a big meal.  :/
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I almost passed out this morning. I've never passed out but I definitely thought I was going to. I got really hot and felt like I couldn't breath. it was terrible. I hadn't eaten breakfast yet, so I'm assuming that was why, but I have felt light headed ever since
  • @schef070911 This was definitely not acid reflux related. I've been feeling nauseous since last night. And the nausea still hasn't gone away. My stomach feels so full and is so heavy. No fever. 
  • @SDSwenson I've been there. I had to sit with my head between my knees for ten minutes before I felt better. Hope it doesn't happen again. To either of us. 
  • @KirstinH88 sorry to hear you aren't feeling well :( hopefully the nausea passes soon. That is the worst.

My stomach has been feeling so tight/stretched the past few weeks...I keep panicking that I am having contractions but it never actually feels tight when I touch it with my fingers, just like something is stretching it out from the inside. And it's not all over, just in one spot at a time....usually the same place I am feeling baby movements at that time. It's a very strange sensation.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @KirstinH88 my nausea has returned the past 2 days.  What's happening to us?!  We're supposed to be done with that crap.

Feel better. 
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • It hasn't stopped. I can't keep anything down. Not even water and crackers. I think it's the flu. I'm going to call my dr in the morning if I don't magically wake up better.
  • @HGRich I hope it doesn't happen again either. It actually really scared me
  • @KirstinH88 Oh no! I really hope it isn't the flu. Hope you feel better this morning!! You too @cafedisco!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @schef070911 I am feeling better this morning. But still keeping myself and DS home from work/preschool. I haven't eaten in WAY too many hours, so I need to test those waters again and see if I still feel fine after I eat. Hopefully this was just a 24 hour bug!
  • @ebloom3 yes, all the time! Panty liners help, and I use powder in the mornings, but it doesnt work through the whole day. I change my underwear and pants as soon as I get home from work. DS was an August baby, so I thought being pregnant in the winter would make a difference, but it hasn't. And I'm not a sweaty person at all!
  • blessedinmtblessedinmt member
    edited December 2016
    @ebloom3 I'm with you on the inferno crotch (another Bumpie called it that recently and I think it's hilarious).

@KirstinH88 Glad to hear you're feeling better and were able to stay home today. I hope you're now able to keep some food down. 
  • Thanks @thecavfamily! I still haven't eaten a meal. Just crackers but I will try for dinner tonight.
  • @KirstinH88 I hope you can kick it (whatever it is) soon!  You need to be able to eat!  Are you just nauseous or anything else going on?
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @cafedisco It was coming out both ends last night....  :# And now I have a sore throat/cough. Probably totally unrelated, but I'd rather have the latter two symptoms than the first set..
  • After eating nothing but crackers all day yesterday, I had a sandwich for dinner. Ugh.......I woke up so nauseous. Feeling a little better now but still taking the day off because I do not need to yak on the train or at work. But I'm making DS go to school today because I just can't with him all day long...
  • @KirstinH88 Dang it!  I'm so sorry you're still sick, lady.
  • @KirstinH88 any better tonight?

Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @cafedisco Can I just say I love you? Thanks for checking in on me!  <3 I am hesitantly saying that I'm feeling better. But I haven't eaten much today. Crackers and one orange. I'm going to eat dinner tonight (because baby brother and I are starving!) and I'm going to work tmrw no matter what (haha!) I think I am pretty much/mostly over whatever the heck flu I got.

In other news, every winter I get what I not so lovingly refer to as the "death cough." It comes around the time I get my first cold and will last until about March. My Dr first tried to prescribe me inhalers and diagnosed it as asthma, but the last time I met with her (back in March), she wanted me to try allergy meds next. I'm not big on taking meds (especially when pregnant), so I'm going to forgo experimenting this winter and just let my cough go crazy. Gonna need to buy stock in Depends!  :D

Also, the cramping, RLP, Braxton Hicks are ridiculous today!
  • @KirstinH88 love you back!  Tomorrow is Friday Eve and then Friday!  You got this!

Also, that cough sounds awful. I feel like figuring out any head-related problems is nearly impossible. I have had 10 years of chronic sinus infections/headaches that we've tried treating a million different ways.  Saw a new dr this spring who now says I've been having migraines all this time. There are just too many variables!
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @cafedisco I guess that's one of the good things about being out sick for 3 days...2 day work week! Migraines are the worst! Hopefully you can find some relief from them soon (or at least be able to experiment after baby gets here).
  • I think it is all hormone related....not a problem since I got pregnant. I've had headaches but they are a completely different kind. 
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Ouch, sneezing has just started to become super painful! Whenever I sneeze my entire lower belly feels like it's being pulled apart. Just another fun pregnancy symptom no one tells you about I guess  :#
    BabyFruit Ticker