April 2017 Moms

OT: Gilmore Girls (SPOILERS)

Did anyone else watch? I have so many thoughts I want to discuss!
DD #1: April 2017
DD #2: May 2020
Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

Re: OT: Gilmore Girls (SPOILERS)

• I did! Totally willing to discuss!

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• If those are the intended last four words, it's interesting that ASP wanted Rory to say them when she was 22. Unless it was supposed to be Lorelai back then (but it was probably supposed to be Rory). I'm Team Logan, so they're really toying with me here! I want Rory and Logan to be together. I think he'd break up with Odette if Rory wanted him to. 

Rory's relationship with Paul was dumb and unnecessary. Also the whole "Wild" thing was odd. I think they should have kept up the Mr. Kim gag and never shown him. I liked when Emily flipped out at the DAR. I wish Christopher had been in it more. I also with they had done more with Paris/Tristan. I'm glad Luke and Lorelai ended up happy.

• Loading the player...
  • I agree. Sometimes I feel like maybe if Rory had said those words at 22 it would have been more of her re-living her mom's story. I feel like, at 32, her pregnancy wouldn't be as big a deal because she's more established (it did feel like, at times, she was living out the life of a 20-something, which is probably due to the fact that ASP wanted to end the series in that way).

I also think Paul was unnecessary. I was wondering if it was supposed to poke fun at the idea that Rory's boyfriends ultimately didn't matter-- it was always about her, her mom, and Stars Hollow. 

I LOVED when Emily flipped at the DAR. Her whole storyline was so sad. I loved Richard, so I did miss his presence on the show. I felt like they did a good job playing out the grief that the characters felt. I loved Sookie's return (even though I wished she was in more of it!) and cried when she showed up and had all of those wedding cakes. I love Luke and Lorelai.

I wonder if it's implied that Logan's fate will be like Christopher-- he bucks against working for the family...and then ultimately works for the family. Rory's asking Christopher if Lorelai made the right decision seems to imply that she and Logan will never "work out" (even though I pulled for Logan). I think Jess will be her Luke.

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• @ebloom3 I totally agree with your theory. I think Logan is Rorys Chris and Jess is her Luke. a full circle, which they did have Lorelei even say that line.  

I have loves and hates. I don't love how they ended it. It makes me want a Rory season. BUT it does make you think. I liked the Wild thing just because it did make her realize she wanted to get married. I hated the musical and Paul. My DH was furious that they had her chest on him.

I am team Jessica by far. Logan is beautiful but he's a total douche. And cheating on his fiance didn't paint him well either. 

I still loved it. I was so happy the whole time!
  • Logan may be her Chris and Jess may be her Luke, but why does she have to have her mother's life?

• Good thoughts everyone! I feel like if the show were to continue Rory would at least date Jess again for awhile if not end up with him. I think Logan would (again) want to marry Rory, but I don't think a baby can/should make her want to settle down with him. Although it was a timing thing right after college I suppose... it would just feel like she was settling to me. It seemed out of character for Rory to cheat- I mean did the Dean fiasco teach her nothing?! That was sad to me, Rory is better than that. I thought the Paul thing was funny, I didn't dislike him but I found myself wanting to give the poor kid a hug! I was disappointed that Paris and Doyle were separating with 2 little kids- it felt to me like she was becoming the mother that she had and dispized- with the kids liking the nanny more than her. Might just be the nesting mama in me reacting though :) overall, it was hilarious and sad and wonderful, so good to be back in Stars Hollow! 
  • Didn't read anything above I have only watched Winter. I get one day off a week so I am dragging it out and only watching on my day off. That way I can fully enjoy it with DH making snide comments and DS running around like a crazy person. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Gosh, I just finished tonight and I cried like a baby throughout Fall, and I do not usually cry at Tv shows! 

I am a huge fan of Rory and Logan and was super excited to get plenty of screen time with them. I was rooting for Logan to end things with Odette. I also really like Jess and especially now that he is older and has matured. And holy bulked up arm muscles
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • BecNJake said:
    Good thoughts everyone! I feel like if the show were to continue Rory would at least date Jess again for awhile if not end up with him. I think Logan would (again) want to marry Rory, but I don't think a baby can/should make her want to settle down with him. Although it was a timing thing right after college I suppose... it would just feel like she was settling to me. It seemed out of character for Rory to cheat- I mean did the Dean fiasco teach her nothing?! That was sad to me, Rory is better than that. I thought the Paul thing was funny, I didn't dislike him but I found myself wanting to give the poor kid a hug! I was disappointed that Paris and Doyle were separating with 2 little kids- it felt to me like she was becoming the mother that she had and dispized- with the kids liking the nanny more than her. Might just be the nesting mama in me reacting though :) overall, it was hilarious and sad and wonderful, so good to be back in Stars Hollow! 
    I agree. While I love Logan, I was really shocked that she was his mistress and he was getting engaged.

I was sad they were divorcing because I love Paris and Doyle together, and I think you're right about her feelings on becoming her mother.  She seemed to really love them when the kids came over, not at all how she made it seem to be before they got there. I forgot how hysterical Paris is...and Luke. I loved when he asked if he was blacking out during her surrogate presentation!

My friend is convinced that the baby is the Wookie's but I think it's probably Logan's. Part of me is hoping they pulled a Friends and that Rory and Jess had a secret night since he is so clearly in love with her. I've always liked Jess and Logan, so I'm fine either way but I think its crap that Logan has been stringing her along as his mistress when he knows she deserves better. I hope we get more episodes but doesn't seem likely. Worse ending than before, I have more questions now!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17
  • I don't know if I want more episodes because I don't think what I want to happen (Rory and Logan end up together) will happen. 

It turns out that Mitchum was right though, it really doesn't seem like Rory is cut out to be a journalist...

• @ashleym112 I was thinking it would be the Wookies too, but then realized that would have been MONTHS before, since it was in a different "season". Correct me if I'm wrong!
  • @SDSwenson I forgot about the seasons and which the wookie was in. I think he was in the Spring, so depending on when in spring and the date she told her mom in winter, the odds would be pretty low--unless she is one of those people who doesn't show until the end haha. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17