June 2016 Moms
Options

Hyper Mode

Damien is suuuuper hyper lately...like arms and legs flailing, laughing and giggling, bouncing off the walls...well trying to bounce/jump every second he can and this is way more often and for longer periods than he was doing. It's really fun and cracks me up but it's also making him vomit at bedtime every night. He just works himself up too much I think. We try to do calm and quiet activities near bedtime and before naps but he just goes bonkers. He naps a long time (2-2.5hrs each) and has been sleeping through the night recently so I don't know if all the sleep is giving him an energy boost. Or maybe since it usually happens before bedtime and naptimes, he is actually overtired but instead of being cranky he is going in the complete opposite direction? Anyone else experiencing this kind of behavior?

Re: Hyper Mode

• Options
    Preston gets this way too. Normally at the half way point between naps is when the energy levels peak. I get through it with light up and noisy toys then a walk around the house till he chills out.  Distraction works best.
  • Options
    Eli sometimes gets really frantic or sort of slap happy when he is overtired, but it usually turns to grumpy pretty fast...until I get him in the crib. Then he's all smiles and giggles. So it's possible. But it's also possible that they are just turning into real kids with better limb control!