1st Trimester

Anyone good at gender guessing?

edited December 2016 in 1st Trimester
Greetings!

I'm new around here, and 12 weeks pregnant with my first little bean. I'm 33, hubby will be 41 next month. Our world was rocked this year when he was first diagnosed with brain cancer, then a second time when we went to freeze sperm and they told us his count was so low IVF would be our only option. He's kicked cancer's butt, and we had success on our very second IVF attempt! 

We're finding out the baby's gender on Christmas Eve, but I can't resist looking at all the theories to figure it out early. At my last scan, my little bean was refusing to lay on his/her back. When it comes to nub theory, does that make it completely invalid? My scan is attached. I'm also looking at the skull, and thinking that with the flat front it may be a girl. My early scan also leaned toward girl on Ramsey theory. 

Just for fun of course, can't wait to get the actual result! 

Re: Anyone good at gender guessing?

• Congratulations to you and your Hubby! I'm glad he's doing better and that IVF worked out for you! 

From my lurking on this board, I've observed that gender guessing is really frowned on in this community. I wanted to give you a heads up in case someone says something to dampens your spirits. You're so enthusiastic I don't want you to be sad! 

My coworkers are obsessed with the Chinese gender predictor calendars available online so you may want to look at them for the fun of it. 

Whatever you have, I hope they are happy and healthy! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats on your BFP and I'm glad to hear your husband is doing better! The theories are fun to play around with, but there really is no way of knowing the gender until you get an ultrasound, later in the pregnancy, with the proper angles. Or, some doctors offer genetic testing around 12-14 weeks that can also determine gender. Nothing else will give you accurate results. Christmas Eve sounds like the perfect time to get such big news- Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on your pregnancy.   My son is an IVF baby so I always love hearing success stories.   Usually guessing the sex of a baby is frowned upon on this board (because none of us are experts on it).  However, I appreciate your story so I'll play just for fun... Based on nub theory that looks like a boy to me.   You're only about 8 weeks from your anatomy scan so you should find out then.   Congrats again on everything u and ur husband have overcome
  • As a woman I'm a little offended that a flat skull would signify a girl...ugh. 

Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Thank you ladies for the welcomes and well wishes. I know there's no science behind any of it, I just think it's a bit of fun :smile:
  • Natsuki said:
    You're so enthusiastic I don't want you to be sad! 

My coworkers are obsessed with the Chinese gender predictor calendars available online so you may want to look at them for the fun of it. 

Whatever you have, I hope they are happy and healthy! 
    Thank you! With everything we've been through this year, I have to stay optimistic or I'll lose just my stuff :wink:

I have looked at the Chinese predictor, those are pretty amusing too. 20 days until we know!!
  • Haha I love analyzing the nub theory with my friends !!! all in good fun and excitement 
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • Where's the placenta? What does the Ramzi method say? Mine said boy but I feel like it's a girl. Im really jealous you will know for Christmas, I can't find out Til march. I'm pretty sure this is another wives tale one but who cares. 

This is for fun everyone bc 20 day is a long time when waiting for big news. 
  • I did the Chinese calendar and had friends look at my ultrasound and everyone was wrong. Have fun guessing but take it with a grain of salt. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker