Nurseries and Baby Gear

Please help: How do you decide which product to buy?

Hi moms,

if I may I would like to ask you how are you exactly deciding to buy particular ‘‘parent gear’’ product? Do you make some research on your own? Or do you read some particular websites with reviews that helps you to decide? Is there anything you missing while deciding which product to buy? I mean some comparator of product etc.?

Thank you for your comments

Re: Please help: How do you decide which product to buy?

• Everything I bought was basically based off reviews, trial and error, personal prefrence, or something I'd seen someone else with/using. I'd advise that you keep the packaging to any big items you buy or receive for returns, and don't hold back from buying something because someone else says you don't need it.  
  • I LOVE babygearlab.com! They have detailed reviews about all kinds of products and I love that they clearly break down which factors they evaluated and how they add up to the final score!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a big fan of Lucie's List. I use it to see what options are available and what aspects seem important to other moms. I will usually then look at Amazon reviews to see what people like/dislike about the recommended products to make a decision.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I mostly rely on friend and family recommendations of what they liked and used. Beyond that, I typically go with whatever's cheapest. I'm not a believer in lots of baby gear. I plan to invest in an ergo, but other than that, we'll get a cheap car seat (that sounds bad, but honestly I don't think expensive ones are any better than cheaper ones) some sort of cheap furniture thing to store diapers in and a bouncy seat or toy of some sort and maybe (but probably not) a crib, as likely as not second hand.