TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Check-In Week of 11-28

2»

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week of 11-28

• @justsuzie it's great that you got an appointment with someone else. Thinking of you today. I think I remembered you saying you have a blood draw. Fx!!!!

@ejrose22 good luck on the baby shower I love your idea for Christmas. 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @ejrose22 - Welcome! Im sorry about the baby shower - that is a tough one. It was really nice of you to volunteer for it despite what you have been through this year. Since your are planning it hopefully you can make it quick and casual and maybe more of get together instead of tons of emphasis on the baby. GL!

@stephann85 - the puppy is going to be 8 weeks when we get her!

@Riversong15 - my DH was in nursing school the first years of our relationship/marriage - working pt, doing clinicals, and taking a full course load. I know how hard he worked and how challenging it can be to be in a relationship with someone who is doing all of that ( and not getting paid what they should). Its even harder when someone diminishes that. Some people just don't understand.

@justsuzie- Im so glad you have an appt with another dr and that your HCG is almost at <5.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for all the kind words, ladies. 

@TScalei Enjoy the puppy! :smiley: 

@justsuzie Hope those levels hit 0/negative for you today!

Is anyone taking Levothyroxine for their thyroid here?  I had my dosage upped last month (it's still relatively low at 50 mcg) and since then, I've noticed more hair loss.  Part of it I'm sure is because my hair is super long for me right now and I always notice more hair then, but I think the meds might be contributing.  Definitely going to talk to the RE about this in a couple weeks, as losing hair is disconcerting.  I'm not particularly vain, but I'd like to keep my hair.  Ha!
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• @laeberge3 *raises hand* I'm on 150 mcg 6 days a week and 75 mcg 1 day a week. I've been on Levothyroxine for almost a year and a half now. I haven't noticed any additional hair loss. Have you had your TSH and T3/T4 checked recently? If not, I think this is a good reason to get a blood draw, as things may be out of whack. It's taken pretty much a year to get my thyroid levels stable (two pregnancies probably didn't help matters). In any case, hair loss will usually fix itself after a few months with your thyroid under control.
  • @RiverSong15 I have another draw on Friday, so we'll see how those levels are.  I think things are out of whack - a continuing theme for this year :unamused:   My skin has been extra oily lately, too, so I may see about trying a different brand as well as checking on my levels. 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• @RiverSong15  Yes, I have been getting negative pg test or just the faintest line. I stopped doing the opks because of the info on the LH due to the HCG. Thanks for the support.  And as for the "just a student" I hear ya.  My friend said the same thing about by DH because he went back to school and I had to pay all the bills so I never had any money to do anything.  It's life, and everyone's life is different.  Everyone has an opinion about everything.  I'm kind of a hippy, so I always think you should do what makes you happy. And if that's going back to school in your 30s...so be it.

@sp126    I had my blood draw today and will never step foot inside that place again. Thanks for the well wishes.  I can't wait to join you over on wto and then tww! 
  • @justsuzie Glad to see that your HCG levels have gone down and that you have an appointment with a new doctor!

@RiverSong15 For your MIL to call your DH "just a student" is to diminish the difficulty of his work and the significance of his professional success. Getting a post-doc position is a big deal so congrats to him! DH's family definitely does this to me and they seem constitutionally incapable of believing me when I tell them that I am paid (tuition, health insurance, and a generous stipend) to go to school. They think that my husband has been supporting me the whole time! Ok, rant completed! 
  • @laeberge3 I'm sorry to hear about your SIL and the triggers, sending thoughts your family's way.

@Mack2342 I can't believe 24 people cancelled how stupid! But yea a nice quiet dinner does sound nice! 

@migdala hope your temps have given you a little more insight the past few days. Mine have been wonky too!

@MooFish2364 what kind of puppy?? :)

@RiverSong15 ugh sorry to hear about the MIL..not cool. And hope the tww goes quickly for you.

@SoonToBeMommaHowe any updates on AF? Sorry if I missed an update..

@TScalei enjoy Disney and HP!!

@szwill86 did you get YH SA results back yet? And that would be so tough to have both sisters pregnant :( my SIL is pregnant (due in March) and it sucks. 

@oliveoil love the screen name btw hehe. Also sorry to hear about your SIL announcements, ugh. 

@justsuzie I've had to let go of the "being pregnant and having kids at the same time as my bffs" unfortunately it's just not as easy for some. Sorry though, it's tough.

@kidria wow, Australia!! But hoping for your bfp this cycle!

@Wingless00 so sorry to hear about the added anxiety with ttc now with those results. Thinking positive thoughts for you.

@stephann85 glad your LP is getting longer! Any updates? (Sorry I haven't checked out this months WTO or TWW threads yet!! Oops)

@SP128 hope you get some good sexy time in this weekend ;) 

@ejrose22 I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you are able to find some comfort here. Hugs <3

Wow, that was a lot! Haha. I'll try to do a better job at keeping up with the thread from the beginning next time!

afm-

Intro:
    newer here, had my second mmc in October at 8 weeks. (first one was October 2015 at 11 weeks) just got our chromosomal testing back and found it was trisomy 5, so since no other testing is needed at this time, we are back to ttc! 
    Seriously praying third times a charm. 

Status: pretty sure I'm WTO, had a mini period three weeks after D&C but not quite sure really haha. Will start up strong again in January since I'm sure my cycle will be f'd up after the loss. We'll see. 

R/R: none at the moment other than my rave of seeing some ewcm yesterday!! So let the humping begin! 

GTKY: I never know what to ask for for Christmas...I'm terrible. Gift cards lol. 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• @uhlease13 so sorry for your losses and finding yourself back here. I'm glad that there's nothing hindering your ttc journey. And yay for EWCM!

AFM- My DH's SA results were back today- everything's normal. Cross one more thing off the list of possible issues causing our losses. I asked my OBGYN if I could get a work-up of the results (like the nerd that I am) but she can't release it via the charting app they use so I have to wait till I come in to get a copy, which isn't until my HSG on 12/23. I mean, I'm glad I know things are fine but I want to see actual numbers!

• @Uhlease13 I ended up with 12 almost 13 day LP, so that is good (and finally normal). But AF did show up but I'm at the tail end so probably be in my FW next weekend. I love when it falls on a weekend because I feel like BD is less forced and more of a relaxed thing.

Question for anyone or everyone.... when to talk to RE, does the year wait start over after a MC or does it go from when you first started ttc? My year date is tomorrow but I finally got off the bench from my last mc in October.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Uhlease13 I'm sorry for your losses. I'm also hoping third time is the charm for me and my DH. Hopefully it is for you too!

@szwill86 Can you ask them to mail you a paper copy? My OB's office did that for me so I had a copy for my records. You could then review it before your appointment and come prepared with questions.

@stephann85 I've seen Bumpies' REs on this site go in all different directions. Some will say any pregnancy resets the clocks, others will say only if you see a heartbeat. The RE I saw, however, will see people after a year of trying (so, minus extended bench time) regardless of how far along your loss was, or she will see patients with a history of 2+ clinical losses (like me) well before the year mark. I think it'd be worth calling a few clinics and finding out their policies. I had to wait over two months for an appointment, and some people wait even longer - it may be worth making that appointment now. You can always cancel if you don't need it. You could also get testing going (blood work, SA, HSG) before your first appointment to keep things moving.
  • @Uhlease13 @RiverSong15 Here's to joining the third times a charm hopefuls group! 

Also @RiverSong15 that's a good idea to ask them to mail me a paper copy. Thanks!
  • stephann85stephann85 member
    edited December 2016
    @RiverSong15 I have had 2 losses, one in January  and one in June. In June we saw a heartbeat. Maybe I will give it another month or so since I think my cycle is just now regulating and then ask my OB about testing and a referral. thanks for the advice. 
    @szwill86 @RiverSong15 @Uhlease13 here's to the third times the charm.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi again...not really new I just post somewhat sporadically when life gets hectic. Anyway, I had an early miscarriage in June and my husband and I are again trying to conceive.

CD17 today and I think 7DPO.

I'm not really sure what is on my Christmas list this year other than I'd love that elusive BFP before Christmas (but because of our losses I probably wouldn't reveal it to our families until a bit after the holidays--ok I would probably have to tell my sister because her feelings will be hurt later).  We're gearing up for a kitchen remodel at one of our homes in January.  We just picked out all of our new appliances and the new island for our kitchen.  Working on the design now and then we'll finalize with counters, cabinets, and floor. Ideally we should be going forward with the actual remodel in January providing our contractor is up to date on his other projects and ready to go. Our kitchen remodel is kind of a needs to happen (at least in a first world problems kind of way) so my husband won't consider it a gift but between working out all the kinks of the kitchen, lovely twelve plus hour physician shifts, and coordinating Christmas gifts for everyone else I haven't really come up with my list.