February 2017 Moms

Plus Size Mammas - November 2016

OMG It's November already! 

This is an open format. Talk about whatever is on your mind! Also, if you ladies want to do HDBD posts in here, feel free! This is a no judgement zone.                                                   

Re: Plus Size Mammas - November 2016

• Bumping this so we don't keep using the October one.  

• Loading the player...
  • @purplewriter I know that feeling! I still look like I have a B belly if I wear the "wrong" clothes or underwear that cuts in, but I finally feel like a lot of people guess that I'm pregnant rather than just fat now. I think it helps that my LO is measuring in the 67th percentile according to my latest ultrasound, so her extra growth makes me look more round.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • @purplewriter and @chaoticWolf I feel the same way about my "b" belly. It is finally rounding out a little and looks more pregnant and than fat roll. I posted my first HDBD pictures today. Yay!
  • I'm also starting to feel like my B is turning in to a D.  Not totally but it's a lot better now so I also posted my first HDBD picture today!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • At 29 weeks I am humongous! B belly is gone and I look totally pregnant.  My sister just had an 11lb2oz baby yesterday! I hope I'm not on that path.

Is this really happening? i am so unprepared. As my mom says, the baby doesn't care but I really really feel like this 3rd trimester came so suddenly. 
  • At 29 weeks I am humongous! B belly is gone and I look totally pregnant.  My sister just had an 11lb2oz baby yesterday! I hope I'm not on that path.

Is this really happening? i am so unprepared. As my mom says, the baby doesn't care but I really really feel like this 3rd trimester came so suddenly. 
    Yikes! 11lb baby scares me!!! Did she deliver vaginally or CSection? 
  • I second the yikes!
  • You look great @Eveinshock! I'm glad your sister's baby girl is doing well, she must be so cute. Was she a taller baby too? My aunt had an 11lb baby and he was also 23.5 inches! WTF?! And I thought I had big and tall babies. The size of the babies does seem to be somewhat genetic, but I've definitely seen a lot of babies born that aren't anywhere near the size of most of the others born into their family. I hear you on the third tri sneaking up on us out of nowhere. It's all happening too fast, I don't like it!
  • @Jab3 thank you! Yes the baby was also 22 inches. She is so so cute. She looks like she's 3 months old. Stares right into your eyes. I love her. Can't imagine my own now. My brother also had his first 4 weeks ago. His wife is little and they had a 6lb 11 oz 19 inch baby. He's still so tiny.  The way I just popped out so much and still have 2.5 months to go, I'm thinking I'll have a little porker too.  God help my hip.....
  • Any recommendations for nursing tanks or tank tops that could work?!
    I wear an XXL - I want ideally enough support so I don't need to wear a bra (I don't wear wired/super supportive bras anyway). 
  • @LaurenAshley04 I liked the nursing bras I bought from kohls and target. They were almost like Camis with the built in shelf bra kind of thing and were snug to hold stuff. But I only went braless with them at home so I'm not sure. To much worrying about leaking and super sagging when the boobs got full of milk. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @LaurenAshley04 Good question. I haven't found too many bigger than XL and they are TIGHT and EXPENSIVE!

Any ideas abt good nursing bras? I have smaller boobs but need a larger size to fit.
  • The most amazing things that I just found were bra strap extenders! These are the ones I bought to go with my Motherhood Maternity nursing bras.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I38T2UY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @CurlyCupcake21 those are the ones I got!! I liked them. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @lct2008 so good to hear you like them, they are the ones I'll probably get!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I bought some nursing tanks at Walmart with my first in a size XL. I want to say they went up to an XXL as well. They seemed to fit good. I usually wear a 40 in bras and I had no issues. They were also on the cheaper side. Might be a good option for just around the house nursing tanks. 
  • Oh I'll look at Walmart! Shelf bra or No?
  • @LaurenAshley04 yes it had the shelf. I'm only a B cup so for me it was plenty of support. 
  • I've still got the full on B stomach. It's frustrating because none of my maternity clothes look like they're supposed to. I wanted that cute-definitely-pregnant-belly for the holidays, but so far I just look mega fat with waddle swag. I've been wearing XXL maternity, but have borrowed some 2x-3x cardigans from my mom just to be comfy and warm! I was wearing an XL pre-pregnancy but a lot of maternity clothes feel skimpy or tight.

Definitely gonna check out those nursing camisoles @CurlyCupcake21
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't been commenting in this section, even though I'm bigger...but something happened today that really got to me. I was shopping with the hubby and DD, whos not 18 months yet. a couple of people asked me when I was due, so I told them February...then they commented how big I was and asked if I was having twins...its just 1 baby. I thought I looked bigger than before, but today just proves it...it actually upset me when they asked. thanks for letting me get it off my chest.
    OUR FAMILY is a circle of LOVE!
    TOGETHER we are UNBREAKABLE!
    FAMILY is FOREVER!
    Anniversary
    There's a RAINBOW of HOPE after EVERY STORM!
    And a POT-OF-GOLD at the END of EVERY RAINBOW!
  • I feel like people lose all boundaries around pregnant women. And they forget how big pregnant women get. Look at the HDBD pics. We all grow differently. 
    YES, this exactly. All intimate details are suddenly need to know by everyone you come across...including people asking what your plan is to lose weight after the birth (like, really? That's what we're focusing on here?). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel like people lose all boundaries around pregnant women. And they forget how big pregnant women get. Look at the HDBD pics. We all grow differently. 
    YES, this exactly. All intimate details are suddenly need to know by everyone you come across...including people asking what your plan is to lose weight after the birth (like, really? That's what we're focusing on here?). 
    All of this!  Or asking how much weight you've gained.  If I wasn't pregnant and just gained weight no one would ask but because I'm pregnant it's suddenly okay to ask.  

It's bizarre to me that a stranger would feel the need to comment on someone's pregnancy at all.  I've never in my life seen a pregnant woman and just made an unsolicited comment to her.  Where are people's boundaries? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thankfully, no one has said anything to me. So I wonder, do I look pregnant to strangers or just super fat? My friends & family say I look pregnant, but no stranger has said anything to me or tried to touch my belly. I work from home so I don't really have coworkers either. Oh well!
  • I got on the scale for the first time since Thanksgiving and I've hit the max weight gain number the doctor told me at my first appointment; I still have a whole trimester to get through.  I have a check-up on Friday and am not looking forward to that discussion.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MLRocha I feel your pain. And then some.  I was supposed to gain 10 lbs. total and im up 30 already!!!! 0 the first 4 months then 10/month since then.  And its def getting to me. I can barely move....
  • I'm in the same boat - already gained my max recommended amount. I gained 10 first trimester, due to carb overload and nausea. Now I track everything I eat. i thought i'd be able to be more relaxed during pregnancy but I feel more stressed about my weight than ever.
  • I think that a lot of it is that I'm not exercising at all...  I know I should be but when I stopped going to CrossFit, I just kind of gave up on everything.  I'm definitely giving in to the cold weather = carbs idea too.  I do feel good overall though, so I'm hoping my other numbers are still good (BP, etc.) and the doctor won't have too much to say about it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • +1 to giving up on working out... That being said, it is now super hard for me to get back into it. 30 min exercise everyday is feeling overwhelming to me. So I made myself a star chart and put it on my fridge. I need the reminder.
  • What Is this working out that you speak of?? DH and I say now that it's cooler we are going to start walking. Ha! Hasn't happened yet. 
  • I'm out of breathe so easily...  I can't even imagine walking the dogs at this point (our neighborhood is super hilly).  Maybe I could get on board with some yoga, if I could just find my motivation somewhere.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My workout consists of walking up 3 flights of stairs at the train station at the end of the day.  It makes me so winded and it's tough because people are dashing up those stairs to get home and I feel like I just waddle up them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was good at working out up to 1/2 through 2 trimester, I was training for my 10k. Then in the middle of 2 trimester breathing just started becoming too hard and just walking hard would trigger braxton hicks tractions.  So now I am lazy. I did do a turkey trot over thanksgiving, just walked it, but it was soo sad the moment I tried walking past my slow speed I would get a contraction and I would get out of breath. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Hello ladies. I don't think I've ever commented in here before, but I belong!

+1 to hating the rude comments! Even my dad commented on how dang big I'm getting at Thanksgiving :s  

My OB's recommendation was 0 to -5 lbs during pregnancy. I've gained, but only 4 lbs so far, so I'm not too worried. With each of my other pregnancies, I gained 60 lbs. Lost it all super easy, and after the second, I got PPD really bad and never lost any of it. 

Also +1  to not working out. I barely have enough energy to get through the day! And I get winded walking upstairs to my bedroom! 

• I get winded too just going upstairs to my bedroom. Last night I was standing at the kitchen counter making a shopping list and felt like I had been running in place. It's ridiculous what pregnancy does to you.