July 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 11/30

This is for anyone due 7/5, 7/12, 7/19, and 7/26

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: (stole this from TTGP) Tell us about one of your DH/SO's quirks (weird rituals, habits, etc.)! 

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 11/30

• thatcmathatcma member
    edited November 2016

Beat me to it ;)

How far along are you? 9 weeks!
    How big is baby? Cherry, pecan, or a playing jack depending on the app lol
    Upcoming appointments this week? Nope. Next one won't be for a month.
    Any new symptoms or changes? Nausea is subsiding some as long as I don't over-eat. Boob soreness is not bad some days, still terrible on others. My DH pointed out last night they looked "swollen and huge" and demanded I rub lotion on them LOL.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I know it's more personal choice but how do you all feel about the NT screening? Are you doing it? Not doing it? Did do it before? I am scheduled for it but I don't know that I want to keep the appointment. Though
    GTKY: Tell us about one of your DH/SO's quirks (weird rituals, habits, etc.)! I honestly cannot think of one, if I do I will add it later. *ETA @krys made me realize my husband likes to trim, with a knife or by picking with his fingers, his toe nails. It's gross and he does it anywhere, and he knows it drives me nuts.

• @osucma Why would you not do it?? I'd go in for a look at the baby every single day if they would let me! haha I'm also doing NIPT the same day - Dec 14!
    BTW, the other "sizes" I've seen are Green Olive, Grape, or my favorite - tater tot!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 7 weeks

How big is baby? Blueberry <3

Upcoming appointments this week? FINALLY next Tuesday.

Any new symptoms or changes? Not really. Trying to find a good way around being a little "backed up"...my morning coffee solved all things, but I'm really trying to avoid it now. Decaf is NOT doing anything in that department. I stop once a week for a tall Starbucks iced coffee, and 1/3 of that definitely does the trick. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really. Just ready to get to my appointment and know everything looks good. 

GTKY: (stole this from TTGP) Tell us about one of your DH/SO's quirks (weird rituals, habits, etc.)!  Hmmmm...The one that drives me CRAZY is that he picks at his feet. He gets blisters from the gym and suck, and is never ending fussing at them. GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 
    Me: 34 | DH: 35  
    Met: 2003
    Married: 2005
    TTC #1: May 2016
  • How far along are you? 6 Weeks!

How big is baby? A Sweet Pea

Upcoming appointments this week? Next Tuesday! Finally, although it's just my intake appointment, but we should schedule my first ultrasound at that one!

Any new symptoms or changes? I'm getting so car sick! I already have motion sickness, but it doesn't really hit for short car rides, just long roadtrips, but just driving DD to daycare in the morning and then to work makes me so sick! Other than that, just the usual.

Rants/Raves/Questions? We had my work Christmas party last night. I took DD (1) on her first carousel ride. She held on with one hand on the pole and the other wrapped around my neck and had a serious/concerned look on her face the whole time. It was SO cute! She's my serious child.

GTKY: (stole this from TTGP) Tell us about one of your DH/SO's quirks (weird rituals, habits, etc.)! He sets a million alarms in the morning! Like, 5:00, 5:03, 5:05, 5:07,5:09 etc etc...the snoozes them until he absolutely has to get up. SO annoying!

• @glitterfish the only reason I was really questioning it is because whatever the outcome it will not change our decision to proceed with our pregnancy. DH was 50/50 on knowing just because he would not mind a "heads up" so to speak in regards to planning our lives and if I would need to be a STAHM
  • edited November 2016
    How far along are you? 9 weeks!

How big is baby? Tater tot, green olive, Eastern tailed blue butterfly? lol

Upcoming appointments this week? Unfortunately no. Next appointment is NT scan on 12/21. @oscucma I agree with @glitterfish. I don't really care about the results of the test, I just want to see the little bean again!

Any new symptoms or changes? I know I shouldn't complain, but I actually feel pretty good - to the point that it scares me a little. The boob soreness has definitely gone down; they are still tender but not as bad as the past few weeks. My appetite has slowed down as well (before I was needing to eat every 30 min or I felt like I was going to pass out!) Still no nausea which is great. Mostly just exhausted all the time. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not right now!

GTKY: (stole this from TTGP) Tell us about one of your DH/SO's quirks (weird rituals, habits, etc.)! Ugh I am with @krys . He picks at his toenails on the couch and I HATE it. He is apparently afraid of clippers?! what kind of adult is afraid of nail clippers? lol
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @osucma We did it with our first, and same as you, it wouldn't have changed our minds about having the baby but DH wanted the time to plan and make arrangements if there was something. I didn't really want to know because I feel like it would have made it harder to enjoy my pregnancy but in the end I agreed with him, it's better to know and be prepared.  
  • How far along are you? 7 weeks!

How big is baby? Blueberry

Upcoming appointments this week? Saturday will be my first appointment.

Any new symptoms or changes? Not really. I am definitely having more boob soreness, and my husband swears they are getting bigger. I think he may just be trying to make me feel better, though...

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm definitely getting nervous. I have had almost zero symptoms up until now. I have sore boobs (especially the right one, though I am left-handed...is that normal?) and maybe some tiredness, though that could be normal. Occasionally I have had a hard time falling asleep or staying asleep, which is out of the ordinary. Other than that, nothing. I have my first appointment this week, so maybe I will feel better after that. I think I need to stop reading the *TW* threads. As much as I want to support everyone, I think it is making me more nervous than is warranted. 

GTKY: (stole this from TTGP) Tell us about one of your DH/SO's quirks (weird rituals, habits, etc.)! He drives around the entire parking lot before he will pick a spot. Even if it is almost completely empty, every single time he will drive around the entire lot. And then he will park in almost the same spot every single time. So. Weird.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks

How big is baby? With all the different food/object comparisons, I secretly like choosing the one that sounds the biggest. So, tater tot it is! (Other options: cherry, pecan, grape...)

Upcoming appointments this week? Not until December 20, but I know it'll come up quick. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Not really. Still nauseous throughout the day, tired all the time, boobs are sore but not as bad as they were in the beginning. I swear every single day DH is like "they're getting BIGGER!", I'm like HAHA this is only the beginning....

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm excited to be one week away from double-digits!! I don't know why that excites me. I just know the rest of 1st tri is going to go by so fast, so I am excited to be out of the woods, tell family and friends, and be feeling better. @osucma DH and I actually had this conversation last night, and I think we decided we're going to opt out of the NT scan. My OB didnt even make mention of it at my last appointment, when he said my first ultrasound would be at 20 weeks (which made me die a little). I want to see the LO but we are 100% committed to continuing with the pregnancy either way so we might just skip it.

GTKY: (stole this from TTGP) Tell us about one of your DH/SO's quirks (weird rituals, habits, etc.)!  This isn't a weird ritual I guess but he ALWAYS leaves cabinets/doors open and leaves the water running in the bathroom or kitchen sink. The cabinet thing is annoying but the water running really gets to me. Like I woke up in the middle of the night the other night and heard water running, so I went in the bathroom and sure enough, there was a steady stream coming out of the faucet. Who does that?!??? How do you just NOT realize you didn't turn the water off. Drives me up the wall!!!
  • klkriegklkrieg member
    edited November 2016
    How far along are you? 6 weeks

How big is baby? Sweet Pea

Upcoming appointments this week? I don't go until December 13th

Any new symptoms or changes? I have felt more nauseous the past three days. Not physically throwing up, but just feeling like I need to eat crackers constantly. My boobs are enormous. Something that is different from my last two pregnancies is that I don't feel as tired as I did at the beginning of my other pregnancies. My theory is I am used to being tired from having a 4 year old and a 2 year old, so it isn't as drastic of a change as before. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am ready to tell people, so I am excited for my appointment and hoping for a strong heartbeat. We are sending out Christmas cards as our announcements.

GTKY: We have only 1 full bath in our house and my husband loves to take 30 minute poops and he has no shame, so that's fun :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks!

How big is baby? A cherry!

Upcoming appointments this week ?  No, my next one is the Dec 8th, then I have an U/S on Dec 21st!

Any new symptoms or changes? nope, nausea still comes and goes, still have a super smell.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I apparently can't do any lifting at work anymore. No matter what size animal. Yall, I'm pregnant, I can still lift shit.

GTKY: (stole this from TTGP) Tell us about one of your DH's quirks (wierd rituals/habits, etc..) He can't put his clothes in the hamper. Ever. Does that count?
  • @klkrieg my husband does the SAME. THING. He watches YouTube videos and the whole time too. Like why can't he just go in, do his business and come out? Men!!! :tongue:
  • kat0607 said:
    @klkrieg my husband does the SAME. THING. He watches YouTube videos and the whole time too. Like why can't he just go in, do his business and come out? Men!!! :tongue:
    I have told mine many times that he would finish up a lot faster without his phone!  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @lulilaev & @rae. Thank you!
    @kat0607 20 weeks?! OMG I would have died!
    @ashaw512 It's really annoying that people are already like "you're not supposed to do that! Stop!" or "Let me go do that for you so you don't have to." I am sure later I will regret it but right now I can still do things, PLEASE LET ME DO THEM!
  • @ashaw512 DH wouldn't let me carry a crock pot of buffalo chicken dip last week. A FREAKING CROCK POT. seriously?! It was kind of cute though. 
  • How far along are you? 6 weeks 

How big is baby? Sweet pea

Upcoming appointments this week?  Had first us on Monday (along with blood work).  Dr Seems pleased.  will go in next Monday for another us and Dr says we should be able to see/hear the hb!  I am beyond excited.

Any new symptoms or changes?  Nothing new - just tired with sore boobs.  Occasionally nauseated.  I did have a terrible headache last night and went to bed at like 6:30.  I have always had super smell.  I think that I am waaay more emotional.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? So we told my family pretty early...and now they won't let me do anything.  At. All.  Well, except for cook the entire Thanksgiving Dinner - and do the clean up...ugh.  But when we go out to eat, they think that it is their personal responsibility to tell the staff that I am preggo...it is annoying.  Especially since I just look like I ate too much cake...

GTKY:  DH does some pretty strange stuff...but on the cute side, he always sets up the coffee so when I wake up all I have to do is push the button...and he makes sure that my water bottle (that I keep by the bed at night) is full before we go to bed.  
    * TW *
    Me: 34  DH:38 (Married Sept 2014)
    TTC since May 2015
    IUI #1: July 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2: August 2016 - BFN
    IVF #1: Stims 10/21/16, ER 11/02/2016 (5 follies, 5 fert),
                ET 11/07/2016 (2 blast xfer, 3 frosties)
                BFP 11/11/2-16!! (4dp5dt) Beta #1 (7dp5dt) = 30  Beta #2 (9dp5dt) = 66  Beta #3 (11dp5dt) = 130

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @osucma @rae. Yal. This was a chihuahua. They let me carry my heavy ass crock pot last week to our Thanksgiving lunch, and it's not like this is my 1st and I don't want to do it. This is the third, like I'm not going to break anything. So annoying.
  • @ashaw512 I literally LOLd a the thought of people panicking of carrying a Chihuahua.
  • osucma said:
    @ashaw512 I literally LOLd a the thought of people panicking of carrying a Chihuahua.
    Right?! like that's insane!
  • osucma said:
    @ashaw512 I literally LOLd a the thought of people panicking of carrying a Chihuahua.
    HAHA I totally did too - people are hilarious. 
  • how far along are you? 7 weeks
    how big is baby? last Wednesday baby was 3mm. now a  blueberry!
    upcoming appointments this week? 8 week appt with nurse next Monday
    any new symptoms or changes? this morning at work I felt very hot and light headed for about an hour. Also, boobs have gotten even heavier and more sore. very hungry too!
    rants/raves/questions? anyone know if essential oils are okay to use during pregnancy?
    gtky: just like someone else, he sets a million alarms each morning. and he will check it every night and press the volume up button about 30 times to make sure it is really all the way up. lol
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks ( technically die 8/2, but won't make it there) 

How big is baby?  Apple seed

Upcoming appointments this week? nope

Any new symptoms or changes? so tired and want jalapeño flavored everything! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY:  Tell us about one of your DH/SO's quirks (weird rituals, habits, etc.)!  My husband is obsessed with movies.  He watches at least one new movie a day and loves writing reviews for them.  (He posts them on IMDB and Facebook,  but I'm not sure if people actually read them.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sdang1 With my last pregnancy I was given a book called Gentle  Babies by Debra Rayburn. It's all about essential oils with pregnancy and babies. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sdang1 I second the book Gentle Babies! Some oils are perfectly fine and some are not (labor inducing etc) Also be careful if you're planning on breastfeeding. Some are not safe for that either, like peppermint! 
  • Hmm okay!! Thank you for the book advice! my friend at work is very into them and yesterday I felt very hot and lightheaded and she gave me oils and I felt 100 times better. so I'm interested in getting some for myself! 
  • Off the top of my head Clary Sage can cause contractions so avoid that one. I use peppermint oil to flip my baby when she was breach.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm late responding this week. I've been so busy!

How far along are you? 
    7w (as of Wednesday - 7w2d as of today)

How big is baby? a blueberry

Upcoming appointments this week? first ultrasound was yesterday! We got to see the heart beat. Omg so special. 

Any new symptoms or changes? No real changes, still just exhausted all the time and the bloat is no joke!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm still just raving over the ultrasound yesterday! 

GTKY: I'll try to say this in a way that makes sense: he doesn't know how to just "make do" in a situation. If things aren't just perfect he's like nope! Gotta do something else! (This absolutely doesn't apply to our marriage or anything that important. More like little things around the house.) For example, packing our lunches is part of our budget plan, but if we don't have one item that he typically packs in his lunch, he just decides to purchase his lunch out instead of substituting that item for something else in the house. 
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker