4/12
4/19
4/26

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: Now that most of us are beginning to show - how are you doing in the maternity clothes department?  Are you completely switched over to maternity or still rocking some pre-maternity wear?  Any favorite places to shop?
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change - 11/30

• How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby? A coconut, a bag of bagels (mmmmmmm. bagels!!)

Appointments this week? not until 12/19

Symptoms? Hand numbness in the middle of the night, leg/foot numbness if I cross my legs for too long at my desk. Kicking (see below!)  Some changes to what I need to eat (e.g. if I don't eat a pretty big breakfast I feel like my blood sugar tanks around 9:00-9:30 am). My brother is Type I diabetic and I've had some issues with low blood sugar in the past, so I'm trying to figure out if I need to call the doc about it.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rave: DEFINITELY feeling lil' girl kick now and it's so exciting! They've mostly been tickle-like sensations but when I woke up at 4:00 am (ugh) and laid on my side I felt some legitimate kicks.  I can't feel them from the outside yet so DH hasn't gotten to experience it.  hopefully soon :)

Also, I signed up for a hospital tour and preparing for baby class yesterday! Stuff's getting real. :o

GTKY: Now that most of us are beginning to show - how are you doing in the maternity clothes department?  Are you completely switched over to maternity or still rocking some pre-maternity wear?  Any favorite places to shop? I'm exclusively in maternity pants right now (except for yoga pants) and mostly maternity tops as well.  I have a few loose non-maternity tops that I can hopefully wear for a few more weeks. 

My SIL just gave me a HUGE box of maternity clothes over Thanksgiving holiday so right now my favorite place to shop is out of that box. :)  Prior to that it was all Goodwill and children's/maternity consignment stores (I love these places for clothes pre-pregnancy too!) The first brand new maternity item I bought was some leggings off Amazon last week.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    22 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Papaya or coconut
    Appointments this week? 
    I had my first chiropractor appointment yesterday, and it was amazing. It was crazy how much relief I was able to get in only one visit. The office is kid friendly and warm, so it felt comforting when they told me I could bring DS with me at my next visit if I wanted to come back on Saturday. Definitely a different vibe than my OB's office! 
    Symptoms?
    Still working through some bad lower back pain, but I think visits to the chiropractor are going to work for me for the time being. I'm starting to get tired earlier in the day, and I feel like I'm a lot bigger this pregnancy than before. 
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I'm feeling the baby move on a regular basis, and it is awesome! I mentioned in the randomness thread that I was officially kicked in the ribs on Thanksgiving, so that was a cool milestone. I'm so excited to meet this little one! 
    GTKY: Now that most of us are beginning to show - how are you doing in the maternity clothes department?  Are you completely switched over to maternity or still rocking some pre-maternity wear?  Any favorite places to shop?
    I've been in all maternity clothes for a long time now. I'm short, so I started to show early. I switched out my closet a few weeks ago so that all that's in there are my maternity clothes. DH and I have small separate closets, so it was hard cramming everything together. I love Zulily (bought some Pink Blush items from there and am incredibly impressed with the quality of those clothes). Gap has great maternity clothes that you can pick up on the cheap from the clearance section, and I love the Liz Lange Maternity tanks from target. They are ridiculously comfortable. I was able to snag some khaki's from Old Navy for $5 a while back, too. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @SnarkasaurusRex I'm not sure if I will be much help on transitioning. We transitioned DS when he was only 14 months (I know, super early) and it went sooo smoothly. He actually stayed in his bed! I think the key is to make it as comfortable as possible. If he currently sleeps with a favorite stuffed animal or sound machine, include that in his new room. If the toddler bed is still crib size, let him keep his sheets. Little things like that make all the difference. Make his room still his room (keep all the things he's used to in it), just with a different looking bed.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @KirstinH88 He literally sleeps with NOTHING in his crib, haha. If I try to leave a blanket or a lovie or a stuffed animal in there with him he gets up and tosses it out. The new bed is twin size and in a different room, so that's my main concern, since most of the advice that I got was to put the bed in the same spot as the crib...I can't make it look like it's still his room! He does have a sound machine that I'll move with him, so hopefully that will help. Bah, I always fret over these big changes with him, and he always takes them like a champ and acts like it's no big deal, so I guess we'll just do it and see what happens, haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @SnarkasaurusRex Are you planning on moving his toys into his new room? Or are those separate? Bedroom decor? Sorry I'm not much help. I'm sure your boy will do great.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @KirstinH88 Yea, we're going to move all of his toys/decor/books/etc. to his new room. The room we used for a nursery is tiiiiny, so it makes more sense to clear out the guest room and put him in there so he has more space once he starts being able to play with his toys more independently and stuff like that.

My SIL switched her oldest to a queen size bed when he was 15 or 16 months (her kiddos are 17 months apart), and he rolled off and slept on the floor for the first few nights, but he figured it out pretty quick, haha. I keep forgetting that these kiddos are resilient and adaptable, so we'll just have to see what happens!
  • @SnarkasaurusRex - we transitioned DS right around 2 years when he started climbing out of his crib. We bought a full size bed from Ikea that is only about 18 inches off the ground to give us room to lay with him and figure he will probably fall off every so often. After 6 months, he's rolled off of it a few times, but stays on it for the most part. I think our challenge would have been the same (climbing out of crib to leave room vs getting out of bed) regardless of moving him to a new bed. We are thinking about moving DS to a different room before the baby comes, but I'm not completely sold on whether or not it's a good idea for us. My thought is if you're set on doing it, then do it sooner than later so that they will have the most time to adjust, which is why I think it may be best for us to move DS now. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby? Papaya or coconut

Appointments this week? Nope, Dec 16

Symptoms? Not really, I just feel huge haha! Plus I feel like I am STARVING ALL THE TIME!

Rant/Rave/Questions? As I posted in the Dr appt thread we got our blood work back this week that we had done to check for DS as baby had a marker show up on her AS - everything came back normal and she's looking great! I honestly wasn't worrying a lot about it as my OB was fairly positive it was nothing but it was still relieving to know that all was well! Still loving feeling the kicks more and more every day!

GTKY: Now that most of us are beginning to show - how are you doing in the maternity clothes department?  Are you completely switched over to maternity or still rocking some pre-maternity wear?  Any favorite places to shop? I am still about 50/50 - any pants I have are maternity (well, except my sweats haha) but I am still wearing a lot of my regular looser tops. I feel I am still in between shirts as the regular ones are getting too tight and short but the maternity ones still swim on me! It's so frustrating cause I feel I wear the same 5 outfits to work every single week and it's getting old. I may have to break down and buy a few things here soon. Especially tanks to layer with. I borrowed a bunch of stuff last time but not this time so yeah..

I mostly have stuff from Old Navy which fits best and then I have a few Motherhood and a few Oh baby (Kohl's).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 23 WEEKS

How big is baby? Large Mango

Appointments this week? Yes today all is well  :)

Symptoms? Headaches and still that pesky sciatic nerve pain  :(

Rant/Rave/Questions? I just wish i was able to have a better weekend. I was down and out. Only made it out Thanksgiving day. 

GTKY: Now that most of us are beginning to show - how are you doing in the maternity clothes department?  Are you completely switched over to maternity or still rocking some pre-maternity wear?  Any favorite places to shop? I can't find any that i like or that really fit. I'm still looking. I actually wore one of my DH shirts last week...lol I can't fit into any of my winter clothing. I really need to go shopping.
    Me: 40
    DH: 51
    Married 15 years
    Pregnancies 4
    Children 0, 1 miscarriage, 2 stillborn :'(
    Expected #4 due 04/06/17
  • How far along are you? 22 Weeks

How big is baby? Coconut!

Appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? Oh the heartburn. And consistently waking up at 3am and not being able to get back to sleep for about an hour. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Loving the little kicks right now. She is the most confused when I'm working out at the gym but it's nice to feel her moving around in there! 

GTKY: Now that most of us are beginning to show - how are you doing in the maternity clothes department?  Are you completely switched over to maternity or still rocking some pre-maternity wear?  Any favorite places to shop? Mostly switched to maternity clothes. I can still wear my pre-maternity jeans with a bellyband but the maternity jeans are pretty comfortable. Tops are good either way as long as they are long in the torso. I finally found a comfortable hoodie maternity sweater that I was looking for. Mostly shopping at Target, Old Navy and Destination Maternity. My Sister also gave me two giant suitcases of maternity clothes. 
  • I'm lurking your ticker change!   @SnarkasaurusRex can you set up his new room and then sort of give him the choice about when to switch?  When DD was that age, we got rid of the paci (not as big of a deal, but pretty significant for her).  We just talked it up for a while and repeated many times what would happen.  One day out of the blue, she goes "I wanna put my bah in the trash because I'm a big girl!"  Broke mama's heart but it was perfect and easy.  She never asked again.

Maybe if he can see the room and the new bed, hear how it will go (we don't get up at night, what to do if you roll out, etc), he may just be excited for the change...?  And maybe just start with naps so if he does roll out, you don't risk losing a night of sleep.
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17