April 2016 Moms

Thanksgiving travel with 7 month old!

Hey gals!  We're flying with LO over Thanksgiving this will be her second plane ride and a little longer than her first (4 hours this time).  I know this has been posted about before but now that our babies our older I'd love to know what you have found works well for flying with a LO this age!  We are planning on baby wearing, BF, aisle walking...all the normal stuff you get tips on...has anyone discovered cool (small) toys that keep their LO entertained for a long time?  

Re: Thanksgiving travel with 7 month old!

• Hey gals!  We're flying with LO over Thanksgiving this will be her second plane ride and a little longer than her first (4 hours this time).  I know this has been posted about before but now that our babies our older I'd love to know what you have found works well for flying with a LO this age!  We are planning on baby wearing, BF, aisle walking...all the normal stuff you get tips on...has anyone discovered cool (small) toys that keep their LO entertained for a long time?  
    A fake baby phone!!! Ours is a life saver!!!
  • Hey gals!  We're flying with LO over Thanksgiving this will be her second plane ride and a little longer than her first (4 hours this time).  I know this has been posted about before but now that our babies our older I'd love to know what you have found works well for flying with a LO this age!  We are planning on baby wearing, BF, aisle walking...all the normal stuff you get tips on...has anyone discovered cool (small) toys that keep their LO entertained for a long time?  
    A fake baby phone!!! Ours is a life saver!!!
    Lol yes! we haven't flown with our DD. But a fake baby phone and plastic keys just kept her busy in the cardiologist's office long enough for an ultrasound and ekg. She was perfectly content the whole time :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • DD has 2 Oballs (flexy loops and clickity twist) that keep her entertained for long periods of time. She also loves her stuffed cow and owl, so we usually take one of the balls and one of the stuffed animals on every trip. She can also entertain herself for about an hour or so if I just let her have a cloth diaper to play with, so she's pretty low maintenance. 

• My daughter slept the entire 4.5 hour flight to NY. Never saw the plane or airport on the other side. She slept most of the return flight, too, with a brief awake stint to eat and get a diaper change. So. .. I am not much help. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've taken DS on one hour and eight hour flights. I would suggest opening up a brand new toy on the plane. My friends even suggested wrapping up old toys to open but I didn't have time for that. :lol: Toys that were fun include plastic rings that link together and stackable cups. DS was also happy just being put in different positions like sitting up on the tray table. Books are great to take on the plane. I bought a couple of the Indestructables books that LO was happy to munch on. Have a zip pouch dedicated to the essentials that you can keep in the front pocket or on your seat, especially if you're seated in the bulk overhead. You won't want to keep on opening the overhead compartment or reaching under your seat for stuff. The plane is a giant white noise machine so it's highly likely that your baby will be asleep for some of the journey. Good luck and have fun! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!  I ordered DD another Indestructible book (she has one already that she loves!) and one of those fancy teething necklaces for mom to wear/baby to play with.  I'm also contemplating a baby remote or phone...#momlife  DD loves people watching so pretty sure our little observer will be content just looking around the entire flight!  Hope everyone has a good first Thanksgiving with their LO! :) 
  • Just wanted to follow up since we are back and survived traveling with our 7 month old!  She did awesome on the flights, thanks for the tips/advice! :smile:   She actually slept in the Ergo for most of our flights, girlfriend does not like to sleep at all, so that was a miracle in and of itself.  When she was awake we were able to keep her entertained with books, teething necklace and food pouches.  We have a 9 hour flight in January, so this gives me hope for future travel.  

Good luck to all you mamas traveling over the holidays, you can do it! 
  • Thanks for the update! We have a short flight coming up in January and I'm deathly afraid of flying myself so I'm not sure how it will go, doing it with a baby. 
  • Thanks for the update! We have a short flight coming up in January and I'm deathly afraid of flying myself so I'm not sure how it will go, doing it with a baby. 
    Having baby will be a good distraction for you.