April 2017 Moms

Randomness

Taylor72Taylor72 member
edited November 2016 in April 2017 Moms
sooo, idk if anyone else is excited about this but in a few short days the April board will move from the right column to the left on the main bump page when August 2017 gets added! 

any one else have some random things make it seem more real?

Re: Randomness

• Loading the player...
  • DD asks nearly every day if we can "get the baby out yet"!  :) I'm like, we need more time!!!!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • I got caught bumping at work and now the site has been blocked and I've been busy at home so I've been MIA for like a week. I feel like I've missed so much. It's gonna take forever to catch up.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @Virginialeigh oh my gosh! I bump at work often. It's not that distracting. That's so unfair. 
  • @Virginialeigh can you get it on your phone?  I can't bump at work either just because I don't have time.  I feel like it's easy to get behind!
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @cafedisco I have it on my phone but I try not to pull my phone out at work. Mostly because I have a co-worker that is constantly on her phone to the point of ignoring clients. I complain about her all the time and on the rare occasion i use mine I feel like a hypocrite.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @KirstinH88 oh my goodness! Glad they're both doing well but prayers for continued health and development for sure. 
  • @HGRich The baby does have some complications (but nothing you wouldn't expect at 24/25 weeks) and her clavicle was broken as well.  :'(
    The mom just posted on March's BMB if anyone is interested to lurk. She also has a FB page to chronicle the bed rest, birth, and development of baby.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @KirstinH88 my aunt was born at 24 weeks. She was 11.5 oz, which is less than mine is now, at 20! I hope this one made it a bit bigger than that. I'll go check it out. Thanks. 
  • I'm really pulling for that family. If you look on the March thread, there's a picture. It's sort of crazy to think that in two weeks my baby will be that size (but hopefully and prayerfully still safely on the inside).
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• A mom on my BMB had hers at 27 weeks - very scary.  But now he's a big healthy 3 year old!

Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @KirstinH88 oh gosh, I went and checked it out, how scary.  our babies will be that size in 3-4 weeks, can you imagine!  Hope the little one continues to get better.  I went to leave them a message on FB too as I imagine she checks it more often than here.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention!!
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • I'm totally going to go lurk, M17. I hope mom and baby can both continue doing well. We had too many preemies in my J15 group. Everyone did great but, it was hard to hear about. 
  • Random rant: I hate sales and brand cash at Old Navy. Because you can never use them on "Everyday Steals" and everything is a freaking everyday steal! Also, they are so wiped out of maternity clothes right now.
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @catem07 my niece used to work at old navy and gave us coupons for "friends and family" weekend. The coupon was 50% off any regular priced items. We went to the store, and just about everything was already 50% off anyways...
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @Magheeta can you give me the link to this GIF it is too hilarious!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• @Taylor72 have you checked out Spinning Babies?
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @Taylor72 I'm breech paranoid and I've been doing inversions since I found out I was pregnant. It's actually really stressful being mindful of how I'm sitting, laying, sleeping, everything!
  • umm what are inversions?  @taylor72 and @lovelongdog06 ?
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • @beemaya83 - just right click on the gif and select "open in new tab." That should give you the link. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @smallanimal inversions are almost like yoga moves it seems, at least that's what I read. It's meant to help you get baby in the head down position.
  • @twistsandturnsto2 same! I think I'm overwhelmed by how much needs to get done that I don't want to do any of it. But I also don't have the energy or motivation. I'd like some energy back too. 
  • Seriously @HGRich ! At least I've managed to decorate for Xmas, but the nursery keeps getting almost cleaned out and ready to be prepped for baby, and then Dh turns it into a dumping ground again. THAT is not helping, ha ha. 

That sounds like my husband! We're in a odd situation -- trying to move from Alaska, and so not setting up "real" nursery. This will be our first child, and I'm disappointed that I won't get that experience, but it's beyond unpractical to consider shipping costs for all the furniture (astronomical) if we're going to move before baby needs a nursery anyway.

I still don't know where we'll birth!

• @smallanimal inversions are basically kneeling on a couch or low bed and dropping down to your forearms on the floor once a day for about 30 seconds. They're one of the exercises recommended by Spinning Babies, which aims to attain optimal baby positioning for birth, and there are others to fix breech too. The exercises are supposed to help keep your uterus and ligaments balanced and aligned so you don't have a breech or posterior baby. Sometimes you can do this even during labor to fix a baby who is just positioned wrong to get prodromal labor really moving or if labor stalls. Baby position is so important but most of us don't think about it. I also see a chiropractor and I'm careful about sitting up straight and sleeping on my sides. I *really* don't want to get cut again for a breech baby. Fun fact...even if you have an epidural, position is important. If labor isn't progressing and you can't get out of bed, ask for a peanut ball for between your legs and to be turned.