April 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 11/28

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What are you reading? If you don't have time for novels, what are your favorite blogs or magazines? 

Re: Monday Ticker Change 11/28

• How far along are you? 19 Weeks

How big is baby? A mango!

Appointments this week? A/S on Thursday.  It can't come soon enough.

Symptoms?  Horrible backache

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm dealing with  a low fever right now which is stressing me out.  To top it off, I haven't felt my little boy kick yet so it worries me even more.  I think I'm going to bust out the doppler in a bit to ease my mind.  

GTKY: What are you reading? If you don't have time for novels, what are your favorite blogs or magazines? The only thing that I read is baby stuff, so a bunch of baby books.

• How far along are you?  20 weeks!

How big is baby? Banana or stapler. Or a frosty pint of root beer. 

Appointments this week? Anatomy scan tomorrow. Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Symptoms?  Pelvic pain. Heartburn. Constipation is back. Yaaaay. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I am so grateful for how much I'm feeling her move already. Not much during the day but in the evening and at night I do. Rant: I'm so disappointed that sex still hurts so much. I've never had this problem until pregnancy and it's frustrating for both of us. Rave: we found a  used car that will fit a car seat! Buying it Thursday. And it came under budget too. So glad. Grateful for basic luxuries like automatic windows and locks and a working radio. My old car is such a piece of junk.  :D

GTKY: What are you reading? If you don't have time for novels, what are your favorite blogs or magazines?  I used to read a book a week. Lately it's been one every three weeks. Been reading classic murder mysteries for an escape and an awesome nonfiction book by Lysa Terkheurst called "Uninvited." 
  • Loading the player...
  • @HGRich what kind of car are you buying?
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @KirstinH88 A 2008 Hyundai Elantra. DH and I don't do car payments so we will upgrade slowly as the family grows and save up to buy used cars outright. This one won't last past two kids but it will do great for now! 
  • @HGRich that's great! Debt free is the way to be! 
  • @KirstinH88 yes it is! So far so good, even though it has meant both of us driving ugly old beaters for years. DH's upgrade will be next hopefully. 
  • I'm sad my post got eaten last week! Sorry I didn't take the time to repost. Hopefully this one sticks this week!

I'm 20 weeks!

Baby is the size of a banana.

I have my anatomy scan on Friday! Good luck at your's tomorrow @HGRich and your's Thursday @aboxofchocolates!

Symptoms are similar to most of you. Constipation (although supper gave me the opposite problem tonight), heart burn, sleeping better but still exhausted feeling when I wake up. 

We just got home from visiting family and it's exhausting. It was nice to see people but I've missed my Snoogle and my bed so much. My SIL is also hard to take large doses of so that makes coming home easier too sometimes. 
    I've been feeling little man kick which is awesome. It's just not consistent yet so I can't wait until I feel him more often. 

I actually love reading. I just don't take the time to do it anymore. I actually purchased Harry Potter and the Cursed Child a month or two ago and still haven't started it.
  • blessedinmtblessedinmt member
    edited November 2016
    22 weeks.

Coconut or papaya (~11 inches long).

No appointments this week.

Symptoms: Heartburn. Easily out of breath.  Hot flashes.  General pulling/stretching.

Rave: After 4 losses in the last year, 3 of which were one after another and directly preceding this pregnancy, I finally feel...I don't know, not exactly safe, but most of the time I am positive about the pregnancy.  We registered last weekend and purchased a lot of baby stuff (e.g., crib, dresser, mattress, co-sleeper...) today.  There's hope for all of you with me in the anterior placenta club: in the past week I've felt our baby boy a lot every day and not just big movements anymore! 

GTKY: The Happiest Baby on the Block (DH just read it and insisted that I do so as well.)

@HGRich Congrats on the newer vehicle and on remaining free of car payments!  We're the same way and I love it.  We only got a credit card a couple of years ago to help build credit and we still pay that off weekly.
  • @HGRich we're the same way with car payments! I'd rather drive an older car than have a car payment. Totally worth it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 20 weeks

How big is baby? size of a banana, or an endive

Appointments this week? Wednesday, just a regular appt and then will go over my anatomy scan from a cpl weeks ago

Symptoms? just some aches and pains in my back/butt

Rant/Rave/Questions? no questions! excited about getting my pregnancy pillow in the mail though!!

GTKY: What are you reading? If you don't have time for novels, what are your favorite blogs or magazines? I love novels! I haven't had much time so I've been slowly reading the wind up bird for like a year. major fail!
  • @HGRich, I really want to read UnInvited - it's on my list! How do you like it?? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mylittleirvz it's so good! Two chapters left and several chapters have blown me away. She's really helping me remember what it felt like when I was younger and my faith was easier. 
  • How far along are you? 20 weeks

How big is baby? Banana

Appointments this week? AS is tomorrow morning - thank goodness! Feels like we've been waiting forever. Haha.

Symptoms? None really - finally felt little miss move a bit.  Just little movements here and there but it's something!

Rant/Rave/Questions? Bought a new car last week and I officially feel old. And DH and I got DS' new room all set up - we're going to start transitioning him to a big boy bed next week. Eek!

GTKY: What are you reading? If you don't have time for novels, what are your favorite blogs or magazines? With a 2 yr old running around, there just isn't any time for reading novels.  I do follow Younghouselove (whenever they post) and BowerPower blogs.  Mostly DIY blogs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. 20w1d.

2. Banana.

3. A/S tomorrow! I get really nervous for this scan every time.

4. Back pain, so tired.

5. None.

6. Reading makes me feel like me so I try hard to fit it in even though I have 2 kids and work ft. Right now I'm reading Six of Crows. Last was Americanah, which was amazing! I'm in a book club.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @MWoodside I've heard good things about six of crows. Let me know what you think. And good luck tomorrow! Let us know how that goes too. 
  • I will! How was your a/s today @HGRich?

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• @MWoodside it went well! I'm so grateful--no concerns. They didn't get two shots they wanted so I get to go back and see her again in a month for an abbreviated version. Such a relief and growing on schedule and such. 
  • How far along are you? 
    22 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    a papaya
    Appointments this week? 
    yes on Friday, routine visit
    Symptoms?
    I'll spare you the laundry list lol
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Rave: just got back from a cruise to the Bahamas and it was wonderful!  I'm also feeling baby boy move multiple times a day now!  Still nothing on the outside though, DH is totally jealous!
    GTKY: What are you reading? If you don't have time for novels, what are your favorite blogs or magazines? 
    The only reading I get in is the reading I constantly do daily as a teacher, anything else goes out the window.  I used to be a HUGE reader, a book every couple days, and now I don't have time ever.  I get through maybe 2 during summers now.  I'm actually packing up all my books (well 95%) and taking them to Goodwill.  Literally over 200 books and it's breaking my heart :(  Unfortunately I don't have the time or space anymore with baby coming.
  • @HGRich our ultrasounds sound very similar - we have to go back as well. Definitely not too upset about getting to see this little one again!

@MWoodside you'll have to update us on how your scan went today!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Scan went well. Dr gives details next week at my routine appt, but the tech said she didn't see anything she felt worried about and the measurements looked good. So phew.

i feel like this scan is when DH engages more every pregnancy. Like it seems real there is a human in there to him. He made this comparison. Left is new baby, middle is DD2, right is DD1. The new bsby seems to look just like DD1 from the profile! 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• @MWoodside cute comparison! I can't wait to do that after my AS.