October 2016 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 11.28.2016

• I've spent the last few days organizing all of my cabinets and cleaning my home OCD style. Now everytime somebody touches anything I panic. I need to fine a new method of coping with sress other than cleaning and eating. Those cause me even more stress in the long run it seems! Haha
  • @AllyTheKid I do the same thing, having a messy place, even if it's not actually that messy, makes me more stressed out so I'll clean and then get mad when things get messed up haha. I'm trying to be less OCD with that stuff now that we have the baby so that I don't drive myself nuts. 

• Loading the player...
  • @kmyers228 It's the worst! It won't even be "messy", but if the kids pull out a few toys it seems like it ruins all my progress (which is completely irrational, I know). 
    I need friends in real life to visit with or something. I think I need to be otside of my own home for a while.
  • I'm the same way! Preparing for and cleaning up after thanksgiving was a nightmare. BUT I JUST CLEANED ALL OF THIS haha no touchy. The past couple of days I've been rather lethargic which is making me more anxious because I have gotten little else done than cuddle this 6 week old babe who does NOT want to be left alone at all haha. She doesn't want anyone else either. 

Also, I've lost 30 lbs since delivery which is great! But I've easily got another 30 to go before I feel like myself again... I can't believe I got so huge and I know the next 30 won't be as easy to get rid of. I also wish winter wasn't approaching so it was gonna be easier to be outside!
  • Yea I hear ya @AllyTheKid, I moved to FL years ago but never really made the same kind of friends that I had where I'm from, we have some other couples that we're friends with here, but it's not the same. I've found that running errands by myself is a good way to get out and feel kind of "normal" for a little bit. As much as I hate to go back to work and not see LO all day, it will be nice to at least get out and be around people again.

That's great that you've already lost 30lbs @rosdoss! I'm glad it's winter time so that I don't have to be in a bathing suit anytime soon, but yea my motivation to do things is so bad when it gets dark so early.  I plan on starting back up at the gym in the next couple of weeks, but I know it's going to be tough to actually get my butt there after working all day. I imagine when I get home from work I'll be tired, want to spend time with baby, and have some wine :P
  • Well, what I've been doing to help me with trying to drop the weight is watching my calories on MyFitnessPal. I also installed the Google Fit app and synced it to MyFitnessPal so it tracks how much I walk and how many calories I burn that way. I also have some Beach Body workout DVDS. I use Brazil Butt Lift. I've used them before and they were great, so now I'm doing them again. I slipped up on them already over the past week with the holidays and court, but I've decided to hit it hard December 1st. 

For now, I need to find the time to get caught up on my homework!
  • @AllyTheKid congrats. That's so exciting!
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Thanks ladies! It's about time haha
  • Question, we've had LO in NB sized diapers since she was born since she was so tiny. Well now she probably weighs somewhere in the 7-8lb range and the NB diapers have been leaking when she poops. It's not like she's having explosive poop, it's just leaking out the sides. The pee also seems to really saturate the diaper lately, so I'm assuming that this means its time to move up to size 1? I put a size 1 on her a little bit ago and it's a little big but not falling off or anything, so I'm hoping this will solve our potty problems...
  • @kmyers228 I always size up as soon as diapers start getting snug at all, I seem to have way less trouble that way. Johnny is getting close to a size 2 already!
  • Yea I have had her in size 1 all afternoon and seems to be a way better fit! My tiny little baby is growing!!
  • I cried when he sized up, I'm not gonna lie haha They just grow sooo fast it's surreal
  •  Congratulations @AllyTheKid!!!
  • congrats @AllyTheKid!  Does anyone know how I can change my username? I'm tired of being knottie12345.....
  • @Knottie1456760197 Thanks! You have to get in touch with the admin I believe, I'm not sure how to go about it though =/
  • Gotcha, thanks so much! 
  • Anyone else still dealing with carpal tunnel?  I'm almost 6 weeks pp and it's worse than it was than when I was pregnant. Does it just take more time to go away?  It's already causing issues with holding my LO. 
  • From what I understand with the carpel tunnel, it lasts as long as your hormones last. So when your body finally settles down, the carpel tunnel *should* too.
  • Seems like the FB group has been closed to new members, so i have to stick around on here. hope you ladies dont mind!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Okay, so the bump gods decided to put everything back in order?
  • @zuzu87 of course not ♡
  • @AllyTheKid the Bump needs to get their shit together haha

• I know there's an after c-section thread but that looks to be pretty dead. Anybody have any experience with how long it took before u didn't have to wear granny panties anymore aka underwear that goes above the incision?
  • I know there's an after c-section thread but that looks to be pretty dead. Anybody have any experience with how long it took before u didn't have to wear granny panties anymore aka underwear that goes above the incision?
    I'm 7 weeks PP and I'd say my incision was fine by 4-5 weeks. It's still kind of numb actually so I don't feel my undies rubbing it. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Thanks @MRSCORKER . Strangely my incision isn't numb, it's the area right above the incision that is, the dreaded pooch
  • Thanks @MRSCORKER . Strangely my incision isn't numb, it's the area right above the incision that is, the dreaded pooch
    I still feel tenderness in that area! Its all so weird. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Yes it is!  I'm so hoping the "pooch" is swelling and will go away completely in time. 
  • So, I've been doing some research and I'm strongly considering starting waist training. 
  • So, I've been doing some research and I'm strongly considering starting waist training. 
    What is waist training?
  • Tight lacing a corset or waist trainer to help shrink and shape your waistline. After I had DD and my hips expanded, I did tons of ab workouts, which flattened my tummy but my waist never was the same again. I considered waist training after Jimmy, but I still had quite a bit of abdominal definition and I didn't want to accidentally alter or disform my abs. Now that I'm basically mush in the middle from having two babies back to back I think I want to waist train before I do any ab workouts so I can get back to the shape I want before toning it up.
  • I'm interested to know if it actually works. I've actually lost more weight than I gained and weigh less than I did before my bfp but my stomach looks weird. 
  • I didn't have much of a waist to begin with, but now my boobs are so big that my waist has completely disappeared. I'm just boobs and hips now- awesome.
  • @ladybug2821 I watched several videos by tight lacers and waist trainers on correct form, and it appears to legitimately work when done correctly. What it does is redistributes the fat from your middle (the tightness of the corset or cincher forces it away as well as makes you sweat off water weight), leaving you with a slimmer waist. So in cases like you describe @ball4768, you could actually "make" yourself a waist. Only downside is you have to dedicate HOURS of your day to wearing something that will certainly be tight and uncomfortable at first. 
    I'm still on board to try it though! If for nothing else, to be able to give an honest opinion of it.