February 2017 Moms

Symptoms 11/28/16

Re: Symptoms 11/28/16

• @Xstatic3333 are they to the point where they make you sit and relax and retest?  Pre-e fucking sucks are you swollen or getting headaches?
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wow.........
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @PerraSucia, no, not yet. I haven't really even had a normal amount of pregnancy swelling. I was more alarmed by the reading than my MW was, TBH. She just said, "oh, we won't worry until it hits 140" but 136 is SO CLOSE to 140 that it seems almost inevitable. I'm a high stress person (watch me stressing out over this very issue!) and do a get a tad edgy for midwife visits @madamerwin, but that's been true the whole pregnancy and up until these last few visits I was still at my normal 100/110. I know it's weird, but both of my parents suffer from hypertension and my H has pre-hypertension so I've been trying to stay on top of it even since before I became pregnant. So far no swelling and no headaches, so hopefully if it does keep going up it's just gestational hypertension, not pre-e. I did brush up on pre-e symptoms just to keep an eye out in case. I know it's no joke and will take it super seriously and do what they say x1000 if there's any hint of that. I know you mentioned that you had pre-e with your son Perra and FX that you (and all of us!) avoid it this time. It's scary stuff. 

I called my mom to get her take on the situation since she's both hypertensive and an RN and she told me to just relax and do some more yoga. She also told me that by the time she delivered me her BP was 180! No way they'd allow that to happen these days. Super scary.

• Is anyone else having a problem with red bumps/acne on the chest? I haven't had any problems with my face but my chest has had red bumps for awhile now and usually I just wash in the shower and it dies down a little but doesn't go away totally. This week I have really bad bumps and some acne and the washing doesn't seem to be doing anything. I'm even using my face wash now and it's not helping :(  any suggestions?
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lemieuxk said:
    Re: constipation, I've upped my water intake to make sure I'm staying well hydrated with my low fluid issues. I've increased from about 2 to 4 liters per day and I've noticed a big  difference in the constipation department. I thought I was drinking plenty before but apparently not. I've also had way fewer BH. Water FTW! Turns out it doesn't do much for amniotic fluid but at least I can poop in peace.
    THIS. @Partyof6?, upping my fiber, particularly from raw fruits and veggies, really helps my constipation, but only if it's coupled with increased fluid intake. Otherwise my butthole is a nightmare. I concur with @Gretchypoo on apples...I have been religious about eating a big ol' Pink Lady every single day, and it makes all the difference in the world!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • @MoonOverGoldsboro haha thanks! My back has been a mess too but no one really sees that lol.

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• RE: bumps/acne. I've had to get creative since my OB banned anything with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. I found a few face washers and cleansers (Simple and Cetaphyl brands) that work well. I also have been using toothpaste. It sounds like an old wives' tale but it really does seem to work! I haven't had any face breakouts in a while, knock on wood. I also dab the area with apple cider vinegar and cover it in baking soda sometimes. Dries it right out.   
  • @Xstatic3333 I have had really high blood pressure for the past couple months and I typically have really low blood pressure. Some trouble breathing and feeling funky from it but they don't seem to be concerned about pre-e and they just told me it happens. The last couple home health visits I've had it was like 145/80. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. 
  • @Xstatic3333 I have had really high blood pressure for the past couple months and I typically have really low blood pressure. Some trouble breathing and feeling funky from it but they don't seem to be concerned about pre-e and they just told me it happens. The last couple home health visits I've had it was like 145/80. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. 
    You too @cantalopes24! Hopefully all of our health providers stay unconcerned. I'm going to go check mine out at Rite Aid before yoga class, and then focus on making class relaxing as opposed to physically challenging. Hello child's pose!
  • Anyone else with major swelling? :neutral:
  • @srscott3 how major? My right ankle and foot are mildly (maybe moderately?) swollen today. Compression socks helped me in previous pregnancies, but I haven't dug them out yet. Putting socks on hurts my symphaseal pubis pain. :(
  • Pretty major. And oh my god, yes with the pubis pain. H puts on my compression socks for me for that reason :tongue:
  • @BeckS13 @FerForShort Are you sure you're actually lactating? What color is the fluid? My midwife told me that if the liquid is clear then it's not colostrum yet, it's sort of the precursor to it. I've been having clear nipple discharge since about 20 weeks onward.
    Well sometimes it can be clear, but a lot of the time it's almost a yellowy colour, kinda like a milky puss(as gross an image as that may be). I'm a FTM so I honestly thought that anything coming out of there would qualify as lactating. I'm actually not sure what colostrum looks like. I have zero friends around me who have had children so I have sadly zero experience with anything baby related.
  • I knew that pregnancy brain was a thing,  but I had no idea it could be this bad! For two weeks now,  I've been forgetting important things that I would normally never forget.  Three weeks ago,  my doctor ordered an ultrasound along with the rhogam shot. I've been carrying rhogam order around in my purse and the ultrasound order is on my fridge.  I only remembered yesterday! 
    That's just one example.  
    I seriously can't remember anything anymore. Thank God it hasn't effected me at my job. Although,  I have no idea who people are even though I've met them so many times. 
    In a way,  it's a little nice. Because I'm the one who usually has all the answers and now I'm just like airheaded. 

• Okay this is disgusting. I think I'm getting a sinus infection but I can SMELL it. I can usually tell that I'm getting sick by the smell, but with my pregnancy nose it's all I can smell. And it's making me sooooo nauseous. I don't even know how I will get through this day at school even though I am just sitting at my desk all day giving tests. SO GROSS.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My feet have started swelling but not a ton.

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• @Gretchypoo I hadn't actually gotten out of the shower yet- just turned off the water. But I did the same thing this morning! 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yes to the swelling, it's pretty bad. 
  • @Starfish113 can you put a little good smelling lotion or Vicks under your nose to help? It's a trick nurses use when we have to deal with really stinky situations.
  • Okay this is disgusting. I think I'm getting a sinus infection but I can SMELL it. I can usually tell that I'm getting sick by the smell, but with my pregnancy nose it's all I can smell. And it's making me sooooo nauseous. I don't even know how I will get through this day at school even though I am just sitting at my desk all day giving tests. SO GROSS.
    I have never heard of this before. 
    It sounds awful. 

• @Starfish113 Have you ever used a neti pot or sinus rinse? If so, that might be able to help. If not, you may want to try the plain saline nose sprays (I think one of them is Ocean brand). Sounds weird but the salt water really can help.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @starfish113 That sounds terrible. I'm so sorry. I hope some of this good-smelling stuff helps. 
  • I suppose the time stamp on my posts tonight is a dead give away, but pregnancy insomnia has slowly but surely crept it's way up in my life this week.  I had to ask permission from work to leave early on Tuesday because I hadn't slept a wink the night before, I don't ever remember my body feeling as tired as it did that day. Aside from passing out at 8pm that night due to exhaustion(forced myself to stay awake to keep my sleeping patterns in check), I haven't been able to fall asleep before 1am since. I suffered insomnia in high school and remember it being awful, but being pregnant adds a whole new dimension to it. Not particularly having fun right now.
  • I was going to respond to someone on here but forgot who it was and what I was going to say.  :neutral:

Anyhow, I am so grateful I got most of baby prepping stuff done during 2nd tri. Husband thought I was being Type A ( which I totally am, but whatever).
    I am SOO freaking exhausted all the time.  
    And last night,  I had the worst RLP ever. I literally couldn't lift my left leg off the floor. It was a real struggle going back and forth to the bathroom.  The only thing that helped was taking a codeine and even that took 3 hours to work.  I don't know how the rest of you ladies are going to work and then taking classes in the evening.  I'm so glad I got that over with. Yeesh. 

• @AfKash  Is codeine allowed in pregnancy?! I thought that one was a hard no.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I have a friend who needed codeine even during pregnancy due to chronic migraines. From what I remember, once they hit 3rd tri, the doctors try to lower the dosage and frequency so the baby doesn't become dependant on it.

First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14