April 2017 Moms

DR 11.28-12.2

HOW in the world are we already at the end of November?!

Any who...this is for those of us that have appointments this week.  I am hoping this meme applies to meeeeee tomorrow lol 

Re: DR 11.28-12.2

• Loading the player...
  • @smallanimal great report! Good to hear and glad you've got a reason for not feeling much yet. Hope you will soon! 
  • @smallanimal so great to hear that all went well! Yay! Congrats on a boy! And welcome to the anterior placenta club...it sucks. Hahaha
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @smallanimal Thanks for the update!
    I can't wait to hear from everyone else this week. 

• @RachelGreene that is stressful.  I'm glad they are seeing you right away at least and not making you wait weeks.  Sorry to be ignorant, but can they diagnosis it conclusively at this point?

Let us know how your appointment goes!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @RachelGreene I'm so sorry to hear about your screening. Keep us updated on your appt tmrw. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying that all goes well!
  • @KirstinH88 @chelle087 @pinkshades05 thanks for the well wishes ladies. I will keep everyone updated.

@cafedisco I don't think they can with the screening I got done. I would have to get an NIPT - which I wasn't offered because I wasn't considered high risk. I did the California prenatal screening. I didn't hear anything back from the first trimester blood draw and my NT screening was a wash due to my tilted uterus. I had my second trimester draw on the 18th. The genetic counselor over the phone told me that I will be having an ultrasound tomorrow and then a consult with a genetic counselor to see where to go from there. 
  • So many anatomy scans this week, yay!! @RachelGreene Let us know how it goes; we are praying for you and baby.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • blessedinmtblessedinmt member
    edited November 2016

I'm so sorry @RachelGreene.  I'm praying for you both.

@smallanimal & @HGRich Congrats on your anatomy/anomaly scans and welcome to seemingly large group of us that have anterior placentas (this seems odd considering implantation on the anterior side of the uterus is atypical)!  @smallanimal You've known for months that you're having a boy, right?  I thought you found out via blood testing.  There is something, I admit, about that visual confirmation that really makes it sink in. 

• @HGRich congratulations!! So glad that your little one is looking fine!! :smiley:

@thecavfamily thank you and yes, we knew, but it was so funny because you could sooo clearly see his little willy, i was surprised that it is that visible!! He is adorable top to bottom
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • @rachelgreene yay! That's so good to hear and I'm glad you had a nice reassuring full scan to boot. Congrats on a healthy bean!
  • @RachelGreene Such a huge relief! So happy!
    @mrsstuessy yay for another girl! Is DD happy to have a sister? Glad everything looked good. Fx that all is ok with her growth.
  • @mrsstuessy yay for a good a/s! Also glad you get to have another. Yay for team pink! If it helps, I always measured a week or more behind and it scared my mother but I was just petite! 
  • @RachelGreene I am so happy for you! What a relief! 

@KirstinH88 DD doesn't know yet. She wasn't there for the part of the ultrasound where we found out. We are waiting until tomorrow to tell her. We are going to be telling DH's whole family tomorrow and don't want her to ruin it right before we tell them. But, she gets to tell my mom and sister on Skype tomorrow night. She will be thrilled. Although, I think she would be happy either way. The ultrasound tech asked her what she thought the baby was going to be. She said, it was a sister. The tech asked what she would do if it was a brother. DD simply said, "play with it." 

@HGRich I am not very concerned. DD was small when she was born. So, I wouldn't be surprised if my babies just tend to run small. I told the OB that though and she said at 20 weeks that wouldn't be the case. I don't get how that is true. But, I am still pretty confident she is just small. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @RachelGreene  wooohoo best news today!  so happy for you!  congratulations, must be a massive relief :smile:
    @mrsstuessy  congratulations for the baby girl!   good to hear that everything seems ok, and I wouldn't worry about the growth either, because whilst you can be 100% sure of the day you had sex, you never know when you ovulated exactly (kits can fail), and the sperm can stay alive in there for up to 6 days, and can fertilise the egg on day 1 or day 5, for example, which would explain you being a week behind.  I am actually the opposite, and a week ahead, and it should be impossible because it would mean I got fertilised about 2 days after my period was over, but my doctor said it is very possible.  Yay for your next scan - always good to have an extra one.
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • @mrsstuessy AW!!! Your daughter sounds so sweet. She's loving this baby either way!
  • @mylittleirvz More great news!!! Yay!