February 2017 Moms

Symptoms 11/28/16

Re: Symptoms 11/28/16

• Have all you hip pain people tried yoga or just regular stretching? It makes a huge difference for me. Foam rolling my butt helps, too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @MommaBean ive been doing both yoga and rolling, it helps during the day but nighttime in stagnant positions is a whole other ballgame. And nothing seems to help the tailbone spasms
  • So glad I'm not the only one waking up on their back!  I've been really worried about it.
  • @kswiger06 I was limping pretty severely between weeks 26-30 because of horrible hip/pelvic pain (mostly on the left side since my LO is always in LOA position), but I started laying with a normal sized pillow between my thighs and then curved under my belly, and now I've stopped limping. After that pain started lessening, my hip started popping itself back into place whenever the pain started back up, so I think it's helped support and realign my pelvis.

@xstatic3333 When I started getting my Braxton Hicks, it was my whole stomach muscle tensing up and staying that way for a minute or two, and then releasing. Supposedly it feels different for everyone though. As long as whatever you're feeling doesn't start forming a pattern and coming faster, then you're good. Also what times are your appointments typically? My BP has actually gone down lately, but I've found that it's lower if my appointments are early, because I haven't been to work yet.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • I will turn over or switch positions in my sleep and get all the stabby lower belly pains. Anything that involves moving those abdominal muscles during the night is super painful. But only while I'm in bed. After I get up to do daytime things it goes completely away. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I will turn over or switch positions in my sleep and get all the stabby lower belly pains. Anything that involves moving those abdominal muscles during the night is super painful. But only while I'm in bed. After I get up to do daytime things it goes completely away. 
    I get this too. I've found turning towards my belly vs on my back helps but takes WAY more energy bc i am trying not to squish baby. I get lower belly pain and some fun stabby groin pains when I roll over and when I get out of bed my back/ hips kill until i walk a bit 
  • @xstatic3333 When I started getting my Braxton Hicks, it was my whole stomach muscle tensing up and staying that way for a minute or two, and then releasing. Supposedly it feels different for everyone though. As long as whatever you're feeling doesn't start forming a pattern and coming faster, then you're good. Also what times are your appointments typically? My BP has actually gone down lately, but I've found that it's lower if my appointments are early, because I haven't been to work yet.
    My particularly bad Braxton Hick also have like period cramps with them. But most of the time they are a tightening of all my muscles.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Up until now,  I had NO idea what you ladies were talking about in terms of hip pain.  OMG! Last night,  it totally hit me.  Even with the pillow between my legs,  I was still in pain.  10 more weeks and I'm already super exhausted. I think i brushed my teeth with my eyes closed this morning cuz i was still so sleepy. 

• +1 to waking up on my back. I'm trying not to worry about it. My doctor said I'll feel uncomfortable once the baby is too big for back sleeping. Sometimes it's the only position that feels comfortable b/c both hips are aching. I try to wedge a pillow on one side of my back when I lay on my back so I'm not completely flat but when I just wake up on my back I'm usually flat. 

I need to try yoga or something but I'm just so not motivated when I get home from work... 

Also +1 to the abdominal pain when rolling over at night. It's ok when I get situated but while rolling or getting up it's awful. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @ChaoticWolf I'm going to try adjusting a pillow like you've described to see if it helps me too. Thanks!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChaoticWolf that's such an interesting point about the time! I usually take the first appointment of the morning, but this week I had to reschedule and ended up going during evening hours. Hopefully that's the main reason for the drastic BP jump.  I'm not too worried yet, just hoping to avoid the complications and increased risk/monitoring that could come if the trend continues. 

Thanks for your thoughts on the BH too! It's definitely possible that's not what I felt. I kind of just wonder if it's odd that at 30 weeks I haven't felt one yet. Oh well, no news is good news in this area as far as I'm concerned. 

@MommaBean yoga helps me too! I do still get hip pain while I'm trying to sleep, but it doesn't linger through the day anymore. 
  • @Xstatic3333 with both my first pregnancies I never felt/noticed any Braxton hicks the entire time. I have this time, and it's so strange. But I think it's normal to not notice any at all.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have one of the U shaped body pillows which helps with my pelvis pain.  My pain is more pubic symphysis though-  it will even crack at times when I flip over in the middle of the night.  Fun times!  I use the pillow opposite though and use the U down by my feet instead of my head.  Use one side between my legs and then pull the other side close to my back.  Haven't woken up yet on my back this time around

Those with nasal congestion-  try a humidifier in your room and breath rite strips.  I have a deviated septum and a difficult time breathing thru my mouth at baseline which always worsens with pregnancy congestion.  Those strips are a life saver!
    EVERYTHING you said right down to the cracking.  Except for the pubic symphysis pain.  

• Also,  what does everyone do for constipation?   It has suddenly come on full strength and its awful. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Partyof6? said:
    Also,  what does everyone do for constipation?   It has suddenly come on full strength and its awful. 
    Yes! Me too! My bottom is still sore from my poo 2 days ago.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Been a crazy week at work. But glad I saw this! I found out I was anemic last appointment so I'm on iron now which isn't helping. I'm guessing some sort of softner would be okay?!
  • Been a crazy week at work. But glad I saw this! I found out I was anemic last appointment so I'm on iron now which isn't helping. I'm guessing some sort of softner would be okay?!
    Does the iron stop you up? I had to start taking extra iron supplements about 2 weeks ago because they told me my levels were too low. Is that possibly why I stopped up suddenly?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 yes,  iron causes constipation 

• Yup!  My ob asked if I had an issue and at the time I didn't. She said if I did to call and they would get a prescription out. I am assuming slow release or something? I see her next week so I'm going to try and hold out until then! 
  • Maybe I'll say something to my dr... I go in tomorrow, and it'd be nice to get rid of this issue.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had to switch prenatals bc the iron was making me constipated! water, fiber, exercise... apples are good to get things moving.
  • Colace helped me, just one every couple days does the trick! Also on extra iron :)
  • @Patience7150 truer words, man, truer words.....
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Partyof6? said:
    Also,  what does everyone do for constipation?   It has suddenly come on full strength and its awful. 
    Ugh. This has been my nemesis this entire pregnancy. I'm on 3 colace a day to soften things amd my mfm says occasional use of Miralax would be ok if you're really backed up (but I haven't used it yet).
    Drinking tons more water and fiber should help, Metamucil makes me bloated, so that hasn't worked for me. Kiwis, dried apricots, celery, pea pods, chocolate chip chia seed Kashi bars do help me. But also avoiding bread, pizza, plain pasta has really helped me too. Barilla has a high fiber white pasta thay tastes fine when I'm needing noodles. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • About the only change in my symptoms as of late is the fact that I'm lactating more and more. It usually happens when I'm really cold, maybe just because my nipples get hard then. Luckily I haven't leaked through to my clothes yet, but I think that;s just a moment of time.
  • Re: constipation, I've upped my water intake to make sure I'm staying well hydrated with my low fluid issues. I've increased from about 2 to 4 liters per day and I've noticed a big  difference in the constipation department. I thought I was drinking plenty before but apparently not. I've also had way fewer BH. Water FTW! Turns out it doesn't do much for amniotic fluid but at least I can poop in peace.
  • My hip pain hasn't intensified so much that I can barely walk! I'm limping around and can barely put all my weight on my left leg when trying to put pants on. I tried some stretching last night but nothing seems to help. I may try to add more pillows tonight to see if that does anything
  • I noticed last night that I too have begun lactating.  I'm a FTM and honestly....i just sat on the bed in complete disbelief that this is actually happening to my body this early.  

Also, nauseous this morning and my feet are more swollen than normal.  I may go to our fitness center at work and check my blood pressure just to be sure everything is good.  
  • @BeckS13 @FerForShort Are you sure you're actually lactating? What color is the fluid? My midwife told me that if the liquid is clear then it's not colostrum yet, it's sort of the precursor to it. I've been having clear nipple discharge since about 20 weeks onward.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • @FerForShort I had my first clear nipple leak last week... I'm not going to lie, as a FTM it kind of freaked me out. There is no baby here to feed, so it's too soon!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @krob welcome to the hip pain club! 
    @WinchesterGirl you can feed your husband! J/k....kind of.   >:)