February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (11/28)

Re: Weekly Randoms (11/28)

• @kswiger06 sounds like you got lots of great fashion advice! You're going to look awesome, hope you have a great time!!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • PSA for anyone with an iPhone 6s that has the phone randomly power off on you, apple has realized there is a problem and are going to fix it for free if you have one of these serial numbers: https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/28/apple-how-to-check-iphone-6s-battery-replacement-serial-number/
    I've been frustrated with my phone b/c it shuts off anywhere from 60% battery or less and it wont turn back on until you plug it in. Once you plug it in it goes back to the same battery you were at when it shut down. So luckily mine is one of the ones mentioned in the article. DH found this article this morning and told me so I thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else was dealing with this and hadn't seen it yet!
    EDD 11/24/23

• kswiger06 said:
    The sparkly shoes come in gold, black, red, and silver. 
    I would definitely do sparkly shoes. The holidays are the best occasion for those. I say go for it! 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Thanks for posting that @marriedhamstermom! Mine is one that was affected too!
  • @marriedhamstermom thanks! My husband was just complaining about that the other day.
  • MLRochaMLRocha member
    edited November 2016
    I'm attending an open house for a local doula group this Thursday and was looking for advice from anyone who's BTDT.  The group has about 20 birth doulas and I'm guessing a large number of them will be at the event.  I'm pretty sure that my options will be limited by availability but I'm wondering what else I should be looking for when talking with everyone.  Any suggestions for questions to ask?

Edited for clarity: I know there are a ton of generic question lists on google... just wondering if there is something you wish you'd asked/known if you had a doula at a previous birth.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That dress is sooo pretty @Janefelicity !! I'm not good with shoes and solid black dresses. I never know if it should be all black or add a pop of color. I hope your party and night turns out great!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh. My phone has been powering down sometimes between 30-60 percent battery left and it was making me ragey. But I checked and my number is included. Why must the closest Apple Store be an hour away??
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @lct2008 I've found that by turning my phone to low battery mode when it gets below 60% that it keeps the phone from powering off. Thought that might help if it's hard for you to get to an apple store soon. Though use my advice at your own risk, DH is convinced I'm going to break my phone by doing it. I'm not really sure why he thinks that I think low battery mode just turns off like location and hey siri and similar unnecessary features. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• lfrank12 said:
    Thanks for posting that @marriedhamstermom! Mine is one that was affected too!
    This! Thank you so much @marriedhamstermom
  • @kswiger06 and @Janefelicity Those are so pretty!!! I love those shoes! I'm going shopping tonight to look for a dress for H's work Christmas party that's Friday night and my shower on Saturday.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @becbec28 have fun shoppigng!! I never trust online ordering, Im hoping mine gets here in time and fits haha but there's nowhere near me that has decent maternity party dresses.. They only have sweater dresses lol.  I hope you post pics too so we can see what you find! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 Hopefully I can find something good. I looked online but with something like that I don't know how it's going to fit, I didn't want to chance it. I only have a couple places around here that just have a maternity section, no full mat store, so we'll see what we find!
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• @lct2008 glitter fart Tuesday lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kswiger06 said:
    @lct2008 glitter fart Tuesday lol
    I started it for us!
  • @HeatSparks I hope baby B starts breathing. I used to try and imagine what it might be like to have twins, so I'm always excited to see what's going on with you and the babies!! Take it easy! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited November 2016
    Totally late to the party but @Kswiger06 those shoes are hott!
    But as someone who has trouble wearing heels when not pregnant,  are you sure you'll be able to wear those babies all night? 

ETA: They're probably only like 2 inches,  right? My unbalanced ass can hardly even wear 1 inch heels right now.  

• I hope all goes well with the follow up
    @Heatsparks!
  • @afkash if I get those heels they are 3 inches. And the party will be dinner, something about dueling pianos and then some kind of live show afterwards. There's always a live band and dancing, but I have no interest in that this year lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 is it common for people to casually talk about getting shot in your area?! Yikes! Glad I'm not Hank!
  • kswiger06 said:
    Oh yeah!!! I have a random story for you guys!! Yesterday while I was in the grocery store parking lot, I heard this conversation, from 2 men yelling back and forth from different rows. It was pretty weird, I was thinking "what in the world did I just hear?"

Guy 1: it was good seeing you again
    Guy 2: yeah it is, I haven't seen Hank in a while                though
    Guy 1: oh that's cause he got shot
    Guy 2: I heard about that a while ago
    Guy 1: no he got shot again!
    Guy 2: no shit? 

Then I got too far away. But I was like what the hell is going on around here?
    Poor Hank. Can't catch a break! 
  • I don't remember deciding on anything but if everyone wants to hold off then I'm good with that. 
  • I don't think there's any reason to start it before the babies come; we have enough pinned to the top as it is IM(U?)O. 
  • @LilyASF42 I kind of agree on the winter pregnancy. I saw a maxi dress in the back of my closet the other day and cannot stop thinking about how much more comfortable that (with flip flops) would be than pants, boots, coats, etc. I know it's hotter outside which may be less pleasant, but man these pants are for the birds. 
  • @ Patience7150 My last pregnancy I was in my 8th month in August (hottest month of the year) and it really wasn't too bad.  The dresses were the best!!!  And flip flops for my swelling feet were everything.  I'm already hating bending down to wrestle on my boots!