January 2017 Moms

11/28- 12/4 Appointments, ultrasounds, NSTs, etc

Whats on the schedule this week ladies? 

This is my last off week then starting next week (12/7) I start going to see the OB weekly! We did get a c section date for 12/27! I can't believe in only 4 weeks and a few days this little baby will be here. It seems like it went by so fast. Im trying to take in all the moments and milestones. This is our last child. Almost bittersweet. Love it. 
** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
DS: December 19, 2011
MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 11/28- 12/4 Appointments, ultrasounds, NSTs, etc

• 32 week check up on Thursday, and I'll also be getting an ultrasound to check on baby's size. Aside from the ultrasound should be a pretty standard visit. Then I start my every 2 week visits! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have my usual biweekly OB visit. I believe I start weekly visits after this appointment. I'm curious how things are going down there given the amount of pressure/contractions I've been having lately. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Last bi-weekly here as well on Friday, starting weeklies. It sounds like my appointments are boring af from here on out. Just lots of fundal height checks and "cool your pee is normal." I still can't believe my doctor seriously has only done one ultrasound for this entire pregnancy (anatomy scan). I know a lot of OBs recommend doing the least number safely possibly but If not for elective ones elsewhere, I'd probably have gone insane from PGAL brain :|
  • No appointments this week, but on Saturday we have a childbirth class. My husband is really nervous about the delivery, so we are going to see how he feels after class and assess whether to hire a doula. 
  • I have my weekly nst and ob appointment tomorrow!! i will update how everything goes. hoping they do a cervix check . 
  • I had my weekly OB appointment today, she has sent me over to L&D to be monitored, since my last NST was Wednesday and it wasn't the best NST. She had told me that she wasn't comfortable waiting until my NST tomorrow, so now I'm being monitored here.  

If it all goes well today then I will have another NST tomorrow as well as a growth scan. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited November 2016
    31 weeks.  Had my 2wk OB appt today. Didn't gain any weight over the holiday! Actually lost .2lbs. Was very shocked since last visit I had gained 5lbs in 2wks. Another visit in 2wks and then guessing I will go to 1 week visits. 

Edited due to wording
  • No midwife appt this week but my husband and I start childbirth/ parenting classes on Wednesday. Hopefully we make some parent friends in the course!! And then on Saturday we have our first full session with our doula. Looking forward to both  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 32 week check up on Wednesday. They're doing an ultrasound to see how well he's growing and then a NST. I'll get more labs done and my BP checked to make sure my preeclampsia isn't getting worse as they do every week. Last week she said we'd induce at 37 weeks. Only 5 more!!!
  • 2 NSTs this week and a fluid check on one of the days. I think they might cut me loose from these after this week, but I'm not sure. I need to ask tomorrow. If so, then I'll just have my 36 week appointment next week and then I'll be seen at 38, 39, and 40.
  • 32 week check up yesterday.  Happened to be in a room with the ultrasound machine so the doctor took a peek, no measurements or anything taken. He is head down, fluid level is good.  Next appointment is at 35 weeks then we start the weekly visits.  We will have another detailed ultrasound at 36 weeks.
  • Have my first weekly appt on Thursday! Can't believe we are already this far along. <3 

We missed one of our birthing classes on Sunday so I'm hoping to get more info on that. Only 3 left!

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • NST today and Friday, weekly OB on Wednesday.  I can't believe how close we all are getting.  I feel like time has flown by.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ultrasound this Friday (almost 32 weeks) to check baby's position and the location of a fibroid. I know it's early but I'm getting nervous as we get closer to finding out if she's going to stay breech or not!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Had my 34 week appt today! passed nst test.. had cervix check and was told its funneled not open..anyone ever had this?
  • edited November 2016
    I had to stay in the hospital overnight, after being monitored for a while I was having contractions every few minutes, they gave me medicine to slow the contractions, which helped a lot.  I seen my doctor this morning who released me and had me get my growth scan today, which turned out good.  MFM said he's still behind, but still growing just enough to stay in! My OB was happy with that, but had put me on bed rest to keep the contractions slow.  I go again on Friday for another NST, but so far he seems happy in there still
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Had my 34 week appt today! passed nst test.. had cervix check and was told its funneled not open..anyone ever had this?
    Several ladies, including myself, have been dealing with this issue for a couple months now. Luckily you are already at 34 weeks so it shouldn't be too alarming. Unfortunately there isn't anything they can do to stop funneling. Hang in there!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had my last 2 weeks apt today (I'm 35 weeks)! Baby boy is measuring 2 weeks behind however, the dr said she isn't concerned, just that he will be a little guy. My last son was 6 lbs 8oz so I'm thinking maybe a bit smaller? I'm trying not to be too worried about it. 
  •  MaryNog MaryNog member
    edited December 2016
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how often are the weight estimates correct? I've been reading the birth announcement posts in the December and November boards, and it seems like the estimates are off a lot of the times. 
  • Not sure how often they are correct, but with my first it was off. We were told he would most likely be 7-7.5lbs. He was 8lbs 10oz! Now with this one they've been telling me he will probably be bigger than DS. I have an ultrasound tomorrow (32 weeks) to check on his size. They say weight guesstimates can be off by 2lbs in either way so we shall see! 
  • With DS1 we had an ultrasound 2 hours before delivery, and they told us 2lb 5oz and he came out 2lb 7 oz I was definitely impressed.  I'm not sure how often they're correct, but every growth scan I have they tell me that they aren't perfect and they are usually a little off. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just got back from appointment and feeling a little frustrated. The baby's head was down for the last 2 appointments (a month) then today LO was crooked and her head was slanting toward my right hip. The midwife said she isn't worried because it is still early but suggested I do 100 squats a day and other pelvic stretches to open up more and give LO room to go back to being head down. 

I was so happy that she was head down. :(:( 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • litzi-2litzi-2 member
    edited December 2016
    @TexasGal24 100 squats per day every day? interesting, never heard of that. it seems to be common for babies moving around 30-34 weeks. hopefully they all go back to head down!
  • Had a growth scan and 32 week check up this morning. Baby is head down and looks great. He's measuring in the 67% and dr said they weren't worried about that, which was nice to hear since he's measured pretty big prior to this. 

The rest of the appt was pretty routine. I go back in 2 weeks for a routine check up
  • canavara said:
    Went to my first weekly today. They offered to do a cervix check but I was like, "Nah that's OK!" Got my GBS test out of the way and doc confirmed just by palpating that he's head down. Measuring around 34 weeks for some reason despite being close to 36 weeks, but they didn't seem concerned at all :grimace:
    I've been measuring about 2 weeks behind the last few visits.  My OB isn't concerned either, LO is really, really low.  I can tell that he is much lower than my others and she said she could feel his head during her check as well so she is pretty sure that's the reason my fundal measurement is a little off. Does yours feel low? 

36 weeks, 2 cm and 70% effaced.  Encouraging that these contractions are making some progress but I'm still reminding myself that LO could take a while to get here.  I've never made it passed 39 weeks so I'm just hoping that he comes by Christmas lol. I go back on Thursday for my next weekly appointment. 
  • ElleMF728 said:
    canavara said:
    Went to my first weekly today. They offered to do a cervix check but I was like, "Nah that's OK!" Got my GBS test out of the way and doc confirmed just by palpating that he's head down. Measuring around 34 weeks for some reason despite being close to 36 weeks, but they didn't seem concerned at all :grimace:
    I've been measuring about 2 weeks behind the last few visits.  My OB isn't concerned either, LO is really, really low.  I can tell that he is much lower than my others and she said she could feel his head during her check as well so she is pretty sure that's the reason my fundal measurement is a little off. Does yours feel low? 

36 weeks, 2 cm and 70% effaced.  Encouraging that these contractions are making some progress but I'm still reminding myself that LO could take a while to get here.  I've never made it passed 39 weeks so I'm just hoping that he comes by Christmas lol. I go back on Thursday for my next weekly appointment. 
    @ElleMF728 That's funny, I was just reading about that being a cause for measuring "behind" right before you posted! I've been carrying low for the entire pregnancy but I've been feeling way more pressure in my pelvis recently so I'm guessing he has dropped and that's likely the cause and also why they weren't concerned at all. I noticed she did palpated for the head immediately after she got the fundal measurement like that was her suspicion but she just didn't mention it.

Being stuck at 2cm sounds frustrating this early on!