June 2016 Moms

Bring your venting here!

Re: Bring your venting here!

• rmmorris said:
    I've posted about this before but omg my in law's rude comments about my daughters weight are so annoying. MIL said my daughter has legs like a linebacker and then BILs girlfriend said yeah she looks like a bulldog. 
    I have a chunky baby and when people make comments I just smile and say "yes he's well fed!"
  • @adiaz132003 I have spare toothbrush and toothpaste but my boys keep using them! I think they each have 4 toothbrushes and they are still young enough they like to chew on them so I have to toss them every couple of months. I also have the little toiletries from hotels in case anyone needs things. But my dad and sister actually have shampoo and what not here because they visit so much. my family is great with the quick visits unlike my inlaws that stay for a week or more. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I know this is trivial but I just realized my boys are "camping" in the familyroom tonight and now I'll have to hang out with Charlotte in her room for the first couple of hrs after she gets up so we don't wake my boys up to early. I think my husband forgets that I get up almost every morning at 5 because that's when Charlotte wakes up. 
  • At various points during our visit, my husband complained that we were running around too much and didn't have enough days for just relaxing. Well today is a "hang around and relax day" so I thought he would be pleased but he's being moody because we aren't doing anything. He keeps throwing out "If we aren't doing anything, we should have flown out today like I originally wanted." We talked about maybe going to a movie today last night but couldn't agree on a movie worth spending the money on. I gave him a couple of other outing options and he didn't want to do them nor did he want to just wander around the shopping centre. I'm too exhausted to deal with a fussy husband so today I offered up a couple of the movies he expressed interest in seeing. No reaction. Barely even a grunt. Well fine. 
  • Ugh I had a hugely stressful few days last week because Preston wasn't sleeping and was super cranky.  Dh was home since Wednesday and of course Preston slept well and took multiple long naps every day and was happy as a clam. Today is the first day he went back to work and we are back to crap naps. The the literal f**!?!?!?
  • No matter how many times we ask MIL and SIL to NOT give the kids toys, they always come with at least half a dozen loud, battery operated toys that light up and make noise. And they're always out of the package or used so I can't return them. Soon we will give away or take the batteries out of most of them, but I'm letting them play with them for today. I have a headache already. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • No matter how many times we ask MIL and SIL to NOT give the kids toys, they always come with at least half a dozen loud, battery operated toys that light up and make noise. And they're always out of the package or used so I can't return them. Soon we will give away or take the batteries out of most of them, but I'm letting them play with them for today. I have a headache already. 
    Sounds like good toys to keep at grandma and grandpa's house...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Once a week or so, my husband and I get in a major fight and it's always about something similar to the above....he doesn't help out cleaning the house, taking care of the baby, etc. He just doesn't get it. Even if he watches the baby half the time, he can't see that I'm not just off partying during that time; I'm taking care of laundry, dishes, cleaning up after him, etc. It's gotten to the point where I feel like I either have to accept that women get a raw deal, or choose to be single. Most of you and most women have been through the same thing as me, so I think life is just unfair, it's not that I have a bad husband...
  • It is unfair. I try to hold my husband to a good standard in regard to all the household stuff, but with me at home all day it's hard to convince him to do anything at home. Once I find a job (whenever that happens) he says he'll be ok doing more, but I have my doubts.
    I told everyone that if they choose to go against my wishes and buy the kids loud toys I'm donating them and I don't give a shit if that upsets them. It's really just my inlaws if my mom buys toys that make a lot of noise I send them to her house.
    I told everyone that if they choose to go against my wishes and buy the kids loud toys I'm donating them and I don't give a shit if that upsets them. It's really just my inlaws if my mom buys toys that make a lot of noise I send them to her house.
    We asked my parents and the in-laws to refrain from buying anything large. We don't have the space whatsoever. I have a feeling that the in-laws will ignore that request though. I have no problem leaving their gifts behind when we drive back and they can figure out what to do with them.
    We asked my parents and the in-laws to refrain from buying anything large. We don't have the space whatsoever. I have a feeling that the in-laws will ignore that request though. I have no problem leaving their gifts behind when we drive back and they can figure out what to do with them.

Ugh same. Thankfully my in-laws like to give gift cards and cash but my family is so materialistic.  I actually had an argument with my aunt about Santa Claus and elf on the shelf cause we plan to have Santa bring one practical gift like clothes or books ect and we would buy toys and "special" stuff and I'd rather my kid behaves for me and not one month a year because they think this doll watches then day and night.  She said Santa and parents both should get the proxy fun gifts every year.  Like really? Where is that space and money gonna come from.  I told her we don't give a lot of presents in our house and she looked as if I said that we don't feed our kids...

Ugh same. Thankfully my in-laws like to give gift cards and cash but my family is so materialistic.  I actually had an argument with my aunt about Santa Claus and elf on the shelf cause we plan to have Santa bring one practical gift like clothes or books ect and we would buy toys and "special" stuff and I'd rather my kid behaves for me and not one month a year because they think this doll watches then day and night.  She said Santa and parents both should get the proxy fun gifts every year.  Like really? Where is that space and money gonna come from.  I told her we don't give a lot of presents in our house and she looked as if I said that we don't feed our kids...
    One "Santa" gift here, and 2-3 each under the tree. At least one is practical, and none are very expensive 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @adiaz132003 My parents have always gone overboard with presents so it will be tough for them to dial it back but they understand where we are coming from and plan to stick to clothes, a toy or two, and something practical. My in-laws are too unpredictable so I guess I will find out at Christmas! 
  • My 3 yr olds are getting more underwear from Santa and cam will be getting a training sippee cup. The girls will get some books from us and maybe some dress up clothes too and cam will get some more developmental toys and that's about it. We are trying to wipe out all our debt and are being extra frugal, the only extra gifts besides our children will be for our nieces and nephews.
  • This is a silly vent, but I was annoyed. 

Dh always complains that by churstmas he  is expected to get me a gift, and he never know what it get me, etc. The kids always ask why I don't have presents when dh doesn't get me anything, so this year I thought I'd make it easy on him. I told him he has a $25 budget and emailed him a list of a bunch of things I need or want, all in the $5-20 range. Last night he starts complaining "if you want these things why don't you just buy them yourself? Why do I have to get them and wrap them up?"  You would think after 12 Christmases together of me explaining it every year he would get me by now. Ugh 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @AmberLiz99 my husband is similar. His family always wants to get the exact thing you want so they basically all know everything they're getting. I love a surprise. I made a similar list on Amazon. Just a bunch of random stuff I want, for him to pick from but not tell me. That's frustrating that he can't just get in the spirit and use the list to his advantage.
  • @AmberLiz99 My parents, who have been married 35yrs, have the same issue. Every year my Dad bemoans shopping for my Mom because, "I never know what to get her." She started doinf a list a couple of years ago because she got tired of hearing about it. She gets frustrated because she spends all year mentioning stuff but he doesn't pay attention. At the same time, she always writes down stuff during the year whenever ny Dad shows interest or she has an idea for a gift so she is all set for birthdays and Christmas. I do the same with my husband, who is a Grinch at Christmas but that's a story for another day. He is always surprised since he often forgets the things he mentions over the course of the year.
  • This is a silly vent, but I was annoyed. 

Dh always complains that by churstmas he  is expected to get me a gift, and he never know what it get me, etc. The kids always ask why I don't have presents when dh doesn't get me anything, so this year I thought I'd make it easy on him. I told him he has a $25 budget and emailed him a list of a bunch of things I need or want, all in the $5-20 range. Last night he starts complaining "if you want these things why don't you just buy them yourself? Why do I have to get them and wrap them up?"  You would think after 12 Christmases together of me explaining it every year he would get me by now. Ugh 
    I'm sorry! I would junk punch my hubby for that!!! My hubby enjoys finding little things he thinks I would like. I told him that we are not spending more than $10 on each other this year though so I bet we will have to get creative.
  • So one of my brothers is here and this is home base because he travels for work. He's usually in a city for two weeks and then they move him somewhere else. Anyways, I got up with Charlotte at 5am came downstairs and the milk was sitting out. My H and I went to bed at the same time and he doesn't drink milk so I know it's my brother who left it out all night. My 6 yr old has a decaf latte every morning for breakfast, I know it sounds crazy but honestly it's mostly milk and it fills him up in morning. My boys have a hard time eating in the morning so milk is important in the morning. Now if the gallon was low I'd usually have a back up in the garage fridge but I just bought that milk Saturday so it was practically full. Now I'm trying to decide if I should go to the store before my boys wake up or if maybe I can talk them into having something else for breakfast. It's Monday, I don't want my week to start like this! Oh and I did temp the milk to see if it was maybe cold enough and it was 59 degrees, ahh he drives me crazy!

• Things like this make me want to hurt my husband...
  • Tawny87 said:

Things like this make me want to hurt my husband...
    What is that??  Lol. Pizza?  Did he just think you wouldn't notice?  Or that you would clean it up?
  • AmberLiz99AmberLiz99 member
    edited December 2016
    Remember SIL? The one who lived with us, ruined our car, and we helped get a job?  I found out last night that she quit her job to "regain her mental stability". I about lost it. And she turned down a job she wanted because they offered her $52K and she wanted $60K. This girl has almost no experience and does not present herself very well. She should be greatful for any professional job she can hold on to! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Remember SIL? The one who lived with us, ruined our car, and we helped get a job?  I found out last night that she quit her job to "regain her mental stability". I about lost it. And she turned down a job she wanted because they offered her $52K and she wanted $60K. This girl has almost no experience and does not present herself very well. She should be greatful for any professional job she can hold on to! 
    Yikes! 
  • Tawny87 said:

What is that??  Lol. Pizza?  Did he just think you wouldn't notice?  Or that you would clean it up?
    He made my daughters grilled cheese and tomato soup and didn't make them eat in high chairs then left the mess. I am sooooooo not cleaning it up lol.
  • Remember SIL? The one who lived with us, ruined our car, and we helped get a job?  I found out last night that she quit her job to "regain her mental stability". I about lost it. And she turned down a job she wanted because they offered her $52K and she wanted $60K. This girl has almost no experience and does not present herself very well. She should be greatful for any professional job she can hold on to! 
    Damn! 52,000 for a single person is a shit ton of money lol!
    That's about what I make and I have a bachelors in nursing plus a masters level certification... sounds like she's out of touch!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • @AmberLiz99 Ugh, that's ridiculous! I hope she doesn't try to move back in with you all.

@Tawny87 Why do some guys do that? Drives me nuts! Do they really just not see it or something?! My husband will "clean" the kitchen after I cook dinner, which means he just throws everything in the sink. He admitted awhile back that he does that because he knows I won't be able to leave it that way for more than a day so I will inevitably clean it up. He's been better about it since then but I still end up doing the cleaning more often than I care to.
  • Yes, she is way out of touch. Totally expects more than she's putting in. 

And she won't be moving back here unless she's willing to pay rent. Maybe that sounds mean, but life is stressful enough without adding an extra person to my home. Hopefully she won't ever ask.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes, she is way out of touch. Totally expects more than she's putting in. 

And she won't be moving back here unless she's willing to pay rent. Maybe that sounds mean, but life is stressful enough without adding an extra person to my home. Hopefully she won't ever ask.
    I'm surprised you'd let her back as a renter. I certainly wouldn't after all she put you through. You're a better person than I.
  • Tawny87 said:

Update: it has been cleaned up by my hubby, only 24 hours and partially by the dog. Gag!!! Don't worry, I went over with disinfectant after...
  • meggyme said:
    Yes, she is way out of touch. Totally expects more than she's putting in. 

I'm surprised you'd let her back as a renter. I certainly wouldn't after all she put you through. You're a better person than I.

stuck in box:

you are nicer than I!!! My hubby's brother asked if he could stay with us the two weeks inbetween places, I was glad he figured it out before I had to answer.
  • I'm pretty sure @AmberLiz99 is a nicer person than any of us! :D
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • So I know this is completely a first world problem but I'm annoyed that 80% of the clothes on my Carter's/OshKosh wish list are unavailable. My Mom asked me to make the list back in early November but has yet to buy anything so now most of the outfits I really liked are gooooone. Grrrrr! 
  • meggyme said:
    We are doing our holiday travel right now,  and yesterday we joined up with DH's family. Calvin had a dirty diaper at the start of lunch, so DH took him to change the diaper. After he got up, everyone went on for 10 minutes about what a great dad he is. Don't get me wrong, he is an amazing father. But why do men get special recognition for doing once what I do 10 times a day.
    Amen! We'll be out and Jackie will be fussing. If DH picks her up and tries to comfort her (rare if I'm there) or just holding her people fawn over him. If she's fussing in my arms, I feel like I get the side eye.
     Ugh yes!  At Thanksgiving with my family dh was entertaining Preston on the floor and everyone is talking about what a wonderful father he is and they said nothing to me.  And it's my family!!
  • meggyme said:
    We are doing our holiday travel right now,  and yesterday we joined up with DH's family. Calvin had a dirty diaper at the start of lunch, so DH took him to change the diaper. After he got up, everyone went on for 10 minutes about what a great dad he is. Don't get me wrong, he is an amazing father. But why do men get special recognition for doing once what I do 10 times a day.
    Amen! We'll be out and Jackie will be fussing. If DH picks her up and tries to comfort her (rare if I'm there) or just holding her people fawn over him. If she's fussing in my arms, I feel like I get the side eye.
     Ugh yes!  At Thanksgiving with my family dh was entertaining Preston on the floor and everyone is talking about what a wonderful father he is and they said nothing to me.  And it's my family!!
    I'm just glad that when people do that, my husband is quick to sing my praises. It's sweet!
  • I don't know why but my husband decided that this year he wasn't going to keep the gifts he got me a secret, as in he told me what he bought me when he bought them...and when they arrived in the mail, he just handed me the package and old me to go ahead and open them. Guess who has nothing to open from him on Christmas? We agreed initially not to give each other gifts but then we decided to do a few small presents. I love Christmas and opening presents by the tree...kinda bummed out.
  • I don't know why but my husband decided that this year he wasn't going to keep the gifts he got me a secret, as in he told me what he bought me when he bought them...and when they arrived in the mail, he just handed me the package and old me to go ahead and open them. Guess who has nothing to open from him on Christmas? We agreed initially not to give each other gifts but then we decided to do a few small presents. I love Christmas and opening presents by the tree...kinda bummed out.
    My husband does this every year, it's sooo aggravating!!!