February 2017 Moms

Appointments week of 11/28

The last few days of November means that we late-Feb stragglers will finally enter the third trimester in the next week or so! Which means appointments, appointments everywhere! Chat about 'em here. 

Re: Appointments week of 11/28

• Morning! I have my monthly ultrasound on Thursday. Excited to see how big he's gotten!
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Regular 'ole check up tonight. Why do these always make me nervous?
  • I go Wednesday for a follow up ultrasound on my placenta position, I'm slightly nervous but still excited to see the little guy. Then immediately after they have me scheduled for my OB visit. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have my follow up with an MFM today due to low amniotic fluid discovered last week. I've hydrated so much I'm about to float away and just hoping hard for good news!
  • I have an OB appointment on Wednesday and super excited cause we are now going to be at the every 2 week point. Yay

• 1st GD dietician appt tomorrow! FX I can control this with diet/ exercise.
  • GDM test tomorrow morning...yay. Three finger pricks for that and a blood draw to test for antibodies (Rh-negative). My needle phobia is ridiculous so I've been on edge for a week!

Good luck all!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have my glucose test this Friday. So nervous! Then I move to appointments every two weeks!
  • I have a check up this afternoon that is the start of me going in every 2 weeks. We haven't seen baby girl in forever it feels! My doc will also be taking a look at my blood sugar numbers. I feel pretty good about them so maybe he'll have good news for me, we'll see.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Just like a few others, I have a u/s to check my placenta position. It's on Thursday morning and then we have an OB check up immediately after. A little nervous because he has been breech at all the other appointments!
  • @jlellis603 do you know anything about the placenta position? My Dr just told me it was abnormal and had a curve in it, but I have no clue what that actually means. I was only told they wanted a follow up ultrasound and that they didn't want me to worry, which naturally caused me to worry.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kswiger06 said:
    @jlellis603 do you know anything about the placenta position? My Dr just told me it was abnormal and had a curve in it, but I have no clue what that actually means. I was only told they wanted a follow up ultrasound and that they didn't want me to worry, which naturally caused me to worry.
    I hear ya on the "oh, don't worry" ... okay now I'm worried! To be honest, I'm not even 100% sure what my position issue is haha. At the anatomy scan the doctor said it was placenta previa and wanted to check it again at 28w. I went in so they could answer a question/check something a couple weeks ago and that doctor said the file stated that it was just low-lying but didn't mention the previa. So who freaking knows! Neither time did they mention the shape or anything so I guess I am not much help haha. When is your u/s? Keep us posted on what they have to say!
  • @jlellis603 lol its not funny, but it almost is. I don't know what the position issues are or even what they could be either. I unfortunately googled it and just got more curious and worried. That's what I get for googling. I was told there was no visible "mass" so I know that's good, but nothing else about it. My ultrasound is Wednesday but last time the tech wouldn't tell me anything and said I need to wait for my Dr to talk to me. Buuuut they scheduled my OB visit for immediately after the u/s and so the Dr won't have the info yet. I'll either have to wait for a call or call myself... or wait for my next appointment. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 I've been trying to stay away from Dr. Google, I can't handle more "what-ifs" haha. Weird because our OB visit is scheduled for right after the u/s too (it always is) and the OB takes a few minutes to review the file and stuff and then they come in and give us the info - I would think they'd be able to do that everywhere. But at least yours is close and I guess you could always call every day until they give you an answer haha
  • @jlellis603 the u/s is at the hospital and my OB office is literally right next door so I just park in the middle and walk over. After my last u/s they told me they send all the info over "later in the day" I guess I'll just keep calling haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I need to retake my 1 hour glucose test, I was supposed to do it last week and didn't have time. Normal ultrasound and 30 week OB appointment Friday. Hoping to get my exact section date and time this week so I can start handing out assignments for while I'm out. 
  • I have my 28-week appointment on Thursday.  It's pincushion city for me this wee - Glucose test, TDAP, and Rhogam :(
  • Had my 30 week appointment today with a growth scan.  My first had growth restriction so they have been watching all my subsequent ones closely.  This one has been measuring on the small side like my previous girls, but is also now falling down on percentiles.  Now I get another trip to MFM for a more detailed growth scan and for them to weigh in.  Feeling slightly defeated today because it's out of my hands but could mean an earlier delivery again.  Hoping they at least want to wait till 37 weeks.  I didn't have growth issues at all with my last and honestly thought my improved schedule helped that.  My schedule is even better now but syill having issues.  Vent over

• I had my 1 hour glucose today and a regular OB appt.  This would be moving to 2 weeks,  but he said to go ahead and go 3.  That puts me at 31, 33, 35 and I assume weekly after that? 

They also checked my thyroid levels ,  and I am hoping they are still normal.   I keep forgetting to take my meds.  Oops.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a midwife appointment this afternoon, alls good. & have my glucose test in the morning so fasting from 10pm tonight. 
    When anyone else did the glucose test & had to fast, were you allowed to drink water? Ive been told not to but i get really thirsty during the night.
  • I start every two week appointments this Friday.  Before the actual appointment (regular checkup) we are doing a 4D ultrasound.  We had decided we absolutely were not doing an elective 4D, but curiosity kills the cat I want to know what this little girl looks like!
  • I had a midwife appointment this afternoon, alls good. & have my glucose test in the morning so fasting from 10pm tonight. 
    When anyone else did the glucose test & had to fast, were you allowed to drink water? Ive been told not to but i get really thirsty during the night.
    I was told water was okay
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have my 1hour glucose test tomorrow morning and then a regular appointment after that. I believe this will be my last 4 week appt and I'll be on to my every 2 week ones. Third tri here I come!! 
  • Friday I have my glucose screening test and a blood iron check too. I see the OB again at 30 weeks,
  • Regular check-up on Thursday, which I usually look forward to...but I'm getting my Tdap vaccination this time, and I'm really dreading the sore arm!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
    I was instructed only sips on water from the tme you begin fast to the time your done your test . I drank 3 bottles of water between 7pm and 9am 

• Just waiting on my last blood draw now from the gt tests, will get the results later today hopefully. The drink here has no flavour options and was disgusting. I was nearly sick 3 different times trying to force it down. Im also really difficult to get blood from so thats been fun!
  • I had my appointment yesterday with my glucose test... I was soooo worried, but luckily all of my tests came back good!

In a way I am kind of bummed that my drs office keeps once a month appointments until the last month if there are no complications, and then does weekly appointments... but on the other hand, I get super annoyed when I have an appointment and I am there for less than 10 minutes, so its probably better this way. My last appointment before this one the dr was running late and I was literally with her 5 minutes just because she only needed to listen to the heartbeat, measure my belly, and check in with me. Its a 45 minute drive each way, so I was pissy that I had to miss that much work for stuff that I felt like I could have done AT work lol...

Also, I LOVE my OB- she is really great- but I LOVVVVVVVE the Nurse Practitioner that I see for some of my appointments and I am super bummed that she won't be the one to deliver my baby- she has the most soothing presence of almost anyone I know. Just needed to say it, because my husband totally wouldn't understand lol- he hasn't met either of them as he works out of state most weeks.
  • Back at the hospital again this morning to collect a blood sugar monitor as my results from 2 of my 3 blood draws yesterday at my gtt were slightly over the allowed levels :(
    my own boss who was an absolute tw about appointments a few months ago was really good yesterday when i told him & about the extra appointments which was surprising. Though i still felt bad given that ive had appointments 4 out of the past 5 work days.
  • @Janefelicity  oh my I missed why you have had so many appointments. I know you had your glucose test... I hope everything is otherwise normal and going well for you  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aw @janefelicity sorry you have to deal with all of that but hopefully it'll be easy to keep under control!
  • @Janefelicity LOL! Sometimes you just need to tell husbands where to go ;-) I'm sorry to hear you're part of the GD club too. I'm glad your boss has been good abt the appointments, though. I hope you can control it with diet and exercise!
  • @kswiger06 yayy! so glad to hear it moved up and you can avoid being sliced and diced! We will find out tomorrow if we are that lucky too

• fingers crossed for you @jlellis603 :)
    Pregnancy Ticker