February 2017 Moms

GILMORE GIRLS REVIVAL - ***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***

Re: GILMORE GIRLS REVIVAL - ***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***

• My husband is going to scotland tomorrow night for a boys weekend & im going to go home to my parents for the weekend. My mum thought i would go straight after work but i told her i would be there sat morning instead as i would be too tired after work fri evening. I will be coming straight home, leaving E to the airport & heading straight to stars hollow!
  • Loading the player...
  •  ONE MORE HOUR!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I just finished it all... anyone else? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Those last four words!! There has to be more! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @raptormomma I KNOW!!! I want more!
  • They HAVE to make another revival or just actually bring the entire show back. I was a little disenfranchised with Winter and Spring but it started to pick up more in Summer and then Fall was the kicker I was hoping for! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel the series is complete, but I totally am pulling for more. 
  • I just finished. those last four words. I'm dying and I don't feel there was closure
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • No fucking way!
    after reading the few comments here i had been guessing what those last words were & was completely not expecting that at all!
    i didnt love summer but fall was everything i hoped for & felt it was closure until those last words which ripped it wide apart & now there has to be more! 
  • are we at the point where we can actually discuss certain aspects of the show? Should we be waiting longer? Lol I'm just not sure. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • I neeeeeeed to discuss it!
  • I'm most of the way through Summer. I won't open this thread again until I'm
    done!  :#
  • are we at the point where we can actually discuss certain aspects of the show? Should we be waiting longer? Lol I'm just not sure. 
    I feel like we should give people a fair chance and wait til Monday but on the other hand I'm dying to discuss 
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsDramaK said:
    are we at the point where we can actually discuss certain aspects of the show? Should we be waiting longer? Lol I'm just not sure. 
    I feel like we should give people a fair chance and wait til Monday but on the other hand I'm dying to discuss 
    Ok, let's give it until Monday. Sounds fair to me.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Omgggg just finished!! Why don't we start a new thread with a big SPOILER warning in the title?
  • MommaBean said:
    Omgggg just finished!! Why don't we start a new thread with a big SPOILER warning in the title?
    I am only on episode 3 but I think you all should just talk here!! People will avoid it until their done or if they dont mind spoilers ;-)
  • I just finished and OMG!!! I agree with PPs about just talking about it here but I'm fine waiting until tomorrow. I avoided this thread all weekend just in case there were spoilers and I'm guessing most people will do the same. The first person could just make a spoiler post that says anything past that point may have spoilers.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I'm ready!!  I have so many different feelings about it all. Looking forward to this thread blowing up tomorrow!
  • Just finished! Holy crap! So much to discuss. We weren't fond of Summer, but Fall redeemed. They can't really leave us hanging like that can they?
  • I feel the series is complete, but I totally am pulling for more. 
    I totally agree - kind of the perfect ending... though it was surprising to see Rory so NOT together as an adult! 
  • Mild Spoiler***

Definitely found Rory pretty frustrating throughout. I felt like they wanted us to root for Logan, but that whole thing was so not okay that it just made me mad. 
  • @Xstatic3333 this made me really cross too, like the whole sleeping with dean when he was married all over again. It wasnt ok then & its still not okay.
  • Agreed - the Logan thing made me sad for everyone involved. And what of them now?? 
  • I really didn't expect them to leave us hanging in such a massive way! All lose ends were tied up and then one huge one unraveled. Hopefully the whole thing will force Rory to grow up a bit. 
  • Lightweight Spoilers Ahead...

I totally agree that the Rory storyline was disappointing. I feel like so much mainstream TV normalizes infidelity, and I HATE that. So for GG to add to that makes me sad. I can forgive the Dean thing because she was a lot younger and for the sake of the bigger picture, Lorelai condemned it pretty harshly. But this time between the poor, strung along, forgotten BF and Logan, it made me unhappy. I'm very pro-casual sex, but both people should be uncommitted.

I agree that I think the story could be over because we can assume the rest, but I think they need one more year in the life to redeem Rory. 
  • I wished they would have shown Logan's fiancee or more of their relationship. Both of their partners felt like throwaways, as if that justified their cheating. 

Unrelated, but did anyone else feel as though the musical sequence was way too long and pointless? I couldn't believe how long it went on for and it didn't contribute much to the story.
  • Is anyone else frustrated with how they portray millennials in TV shows now? We aren't all in our 30s and going nowhere. Like I get life happens and sometimes yea you need to regroup and make a new plan but I hate how it's portrayed as that's just what we all strive to b/c it's not.

I was also disappointed with how not together Rory was and with the Logan situation. It's like the writers didn't learn from fans being upset with what happened with Dean.
    EDD 11/24/23

• I'll echo PP and say I was disappointed in Rory's story line. She didn't have to be kicking butt and taking names, but she should have had something in her life that was admirable.

I was rooting for team Logan, but was not fond of the whole cheating on Odette. Nor was I fond of forgetting Paul. It was a funny gag in Winter, but it went on too long.

*Spoiler*
    I never liked Jess, but felt he redeemed himself when he pushed Rory back to Yale. But now their cousins so I totally do not see Jess as "her Luke" and Logan as "her Christopher". I see the parellels between Logan and Chris, but I think Rory and Logan could work it out whereas Chris & Lorelei never could.
    *End Spoiler*

I thought the musical part was funny, but went on way too long and didn't really serve much of a purpose besides the fact that the "new song" Taylor added forced Lorelei to reflect and decide what she wants.

I thought Emily's storyline was perfect, though I didn't really see a point to the Berta part. Perhaps as a contrast to her life with Richard?
  • I think Berta was definitely to show a contrast, and to show her trying to mother someone and create a de facto family. 

It may be an UO but I thought the musical was hilarious. It was the only redeeming part of Summer for me, which was by far my least favorite episode. 

@ohstars I totally agree about normalizing infidelity (and there's so much in GG, on Lorelei's early storylines too), and @marriedhamstermom I totally agree about depictions of millennials being super annoying. That said, I was amused by the 30 Something Gang. 
  • I don't feel they really left it coming full circle because she also had the one-night-stand with the Wookie, so we have no idea if this is Logan's baby or the Wookie's baby!

I loved Emily's storyline too and was pissed off about Rory's storyline. I was kinda hoping they would show her having some struggles, as many millennials are, but getting her life together and showing how people can actually function like adults these days despite this perceived belief that we have some illness between 25-25 where we 'can't deal', 'can't even', and refuse to grow up. The portrayal of the 30-somethings club was so obnoxious. They over-played the whole "coming into the 21st century, having wifi everywhere, and technology is ruining our lives" aspect of life. Rory had 3 phones? Really? Ugh.... I just wanted so much more... or maybe, so much less? It felt too forced. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lemieuxk said:
    Unrelated, but did anyone else feel as though the musical sequence was way too long and pointless? I couldn't believe how long it went on for and it didn't contribute much to the story.
    So much this! It really annoyed me that there was only so much time to fit in everything & to waste it on nonsense for so long with the musical!
  • @TeacherMom2517 omg I completely forgot about the wookie! Good point.
  • I also wondered about whos baby it was but was the wookie too far back for it to be his?
  • +1 on musical was too long. It was funny for like 2 minutes and then I was like OK I get it... 

OMG I forgot about the Wookie! I totally just assumed it was Logan's! While I love her and Logan together (minus the cheating) I don't see even this getting them together. They had a clean break and I see Rory following in her mom's footsteps, especially after she talked to her dad about how he felt about it. 

Oh and Luke and Lorelai's wedding kind of annoyed me too. Really you waited for years and you couldn't wait one more night? If you want to just elope then do that but don't do the pretend wedding the next day like they were planning. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• +1 on the musical sequence being too long.  And I also felt like that about the scene where they were running around town before going to the tango club in the fall episode.  I actually didn't love the first half of fall but it got much better after Rory and Lorelei went home.  At first I thought there was too much of Lorelei alone before her hiking trip but once I saw where it went it made sense.  

Overall I really liked it but I too was disappointed in Rory's story.  I hated that she was just okay with being the other woman while Logan was engaged.  I also completely forgot about the Wookie!  I was assuming it was Logan since I didn't think she had been with anyone else.

I loved Emily's storyline, especially at the end how she found peace with herself and her life in Nantucket.  I thought it was hilarious when she went off at the DAR meeting and started spewing all the truths.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The Wookiee was back in Spring. No way it was the Wookie. 
  • The Wookiee was back in Spring. No way it was the Wookie. 
    Yeah she'd by like 6 months pregnant if it was the Wookie.
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • OK, I edited the subject so now it's clear this thread can contain spoilers as of now, so people click at their own risk.
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ***MAJOR SPOILERS***

So I agree the Paul bit was funny in Winter and then became redundant.

Honestly, overall I don't think we got any closure from the show.  Lorelai and Luke are together (which they were in the season 7 finale), Rory's single (again she was in the season 7 finale), so where's the closure?  If anything I have more questions.

I didn't love Lorelai's storyline, I don't think Emily in Martha's vineyard working at a whale museum is true to character at all.

The Rory storyline didn't bother me so much, her and Logan always had this complicated thing, originally when they started dating they were both seeing other people and agreed to it, and she clearly (at least to me) doesn't know Odette exists until Mitchum shows up so I don't fall Rory for that.  And it's definitely not the Wookie's cause Rory would be 4-6 months preggers if it was the Wookie.  It's obviously Logan's.

I think Logan is Christopher, but I don't think Rory is Lorelai.  Rory fit into the Chilton/Yale/High Society world in a ray Lorelai never did.  I think Rory's conversation with Christopher in Fall is very indicative that she wants to do things differently then her mother did (she clearly knows she's pregnant at that point even if the audience didn't).  I would like to see another year in the life though cause there is a lot of closure missing.
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker