February 2017 Moms

Symptoms 11/28/16

Re: Symptoms 11/28/16

• The back pain, oh the back pain. I'm thoroughly convinced if I didn't have a previous back injury, it wouldn't be this bad. Also, I think I seem to have developed carpal tunnel in my right wrist. I feel like such a mess. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hip pain has reached a new level. My down hip wakes me up every night and when I turn over, it's not long before the other one starts. Last night I couldn't get comfortable and ended up on my back for a few minutes just to get off my hips. Now this morning, my hips are sooo tight and sore. I feel like I did a crazy workout yesterday and didn't stretch out good enough. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Super snooty PT showed me how to lay down and get back off the bed with less ab muscle involvement. Gotta say, she was right, but I feel so ridiculous consciously remembering to roll sideways/swing my legs/breathe out/think of sunshine and rainbows. Hopefully as soon as my shoulder gets better I hope I won't look such a spectacle.

Also, LO seems to take up soooo much more space than DD at the same time in pregnancy. I was on mat leave by 28 weeks with DD (took vacation days before mat leave started). I don't seem to remember waddling quite this much/having such a bowling ball feeling with her.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• The back pain, oh the back pain. I'm thoroughly convinced if I didn't have a previous back injury, it wouldn't be this bad. Also, I think I seem to have developed carpal tunnel in my right wrist. I feel like such a mess. 
    I was having SUCH back and hip pain and my midwife recommended a heating pad/hot water bottle which I've been using religiously -- it's helped SO much. I still get occasional pain, but it's really been helpful. 
  • @kswiger06 My hip pain has hit an all time high too. Usually it subsides by the time I get up but today my left hip is killing me when I walk
  • I'm right there with the hip and lower back pain. No amount of pillows will help!
    @die frau the hot water bottle is super helpful! I use it for headaches too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • +1 to the hip pain at night and also my upper ribs hurt when I'm laying down. It definitely feels like baby girl is super low and sitting on my bladder all the time! My feet started swelling too. Thankfully I found an amazing pair of shoes for work last week! They're so much more comfy!! And holy leaking yesterday! OMG!!!
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Heartburn has come back and it feels worse than ever.  I'm hoping it's just from eating crap for the past few days.  Also, I'm having sharp pains in my vag.  My MW said it was round ligament pain because it started in my pelvis (ish) area but now it's more in my crotch and it's not fun.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • +1 to hip pain and back pain. And my bones down in the nether region! Rolling from side to side in the night has become such a chore! I rolled onto my back in my sleep the night before last, for who knows how long, and woke up with the worst back pain ever!
  • @lfrank12 while pregnant with my first 2, I thought that the hip pain was due to the cold weather lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Heartburn and constipation for dayssss :(
  • FerForShortFerForShort member
    edited November 2016
    WIth you on the back pain, so much back pain. Hit 30 weeks today and I don't know if it is just me being silly, but  I FEEL pregnant.  There feels like there is so much of me to move around and nothing is moving quickly. 
  • back and hip pain starting to kick up pretty badly. some Braxton hicks contractions as well.  and my heartburn has been atrocious the past couple weeks. I have been gassy all along, but now it's like I have little to no control over it. Belches just sort of spring from me with no warning. Also, my boobs are killing, and I am feeling gargantuan.

• I guess this could be considered a symptom lol...I've been holiday/baby is coming soon cleaning all day and I feel like I just ran a marathon! I've been taking breaks and staying hyrdrated but holy crap! I haven't had a work out this good since before I got pregnant! 
  • I think I may have finally had a BH. Is it like a quick, mild little cramp that goes right away? This is more common when I'm dehydrated which is what got me thinking about it. I haven't had any that affected my back yet, though. 
  • When i walk any distance (like further than the next room) i get what feels like a stich in both sides. Would a belly band help with this at all?
  • +1 to hip pain in the night.

@Janefelicity I think a belly support band probably would help - that was happening to me for a month straight until, like, 2 weeks ago, and the PT who came to talk to my Centering Pregnancy group said it would definitely help!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Braxton hicks, achy legs belly and back, more tired, and oh the nipple pains.....some days they feel like they are going to fall off lol 
  • +1 to the hip pain, trouble getting out of bed, & constipation. Also I feel so freaking tired. Like seriously, why can't I have a daily afternoon nap? Kindergarten me shouldn't have turned those down.  
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @kswiger06, yes. The hip pain is the worst -- exactly as you described! I keep thinking if I could just get the right combo/positioning of pillows, I'd be good. Not true as of yet!

• JulesFo said:
    @kswiger06, yes. The hip pain is the worst -- exactly as you described! I keep thinking if I could just get the right combo/positioning of pillows, I'd be good. Not true as of yet!
    Let me know if you find the magical position or combination!! And I'll do the same for you :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm almost afraid to ask... am I the only one who's noticed a sudden increase in cellulite? I caught a look at the back of my thighs in a mirror and was horrified. WTF, I haven't gained that much... where did it come from?! Please someone tell me this will go away after I lose the baby weight!  :s
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • +1 to the sleep troubles! For me it's my top hip that hurts. I've found I can get 5 hours straight if I don't go to bed too early, so that's been nice. With less than that I'm a maniac.

Has anyone else's blood pressure started to creep up? I know I'm on the early end of EDDs for the board. In my last four appointments I've gone from 110 to 120 to 128 to 136. They don't worry until I hit 140, but I'm so close that if I keep at this rate I'll be there by 32 weeks. I'm  not showing any other pre-e symptoms or anything like that. I know a little rise is normal in 3rd tri; is this still within the realm of normal when it happens so quickly?
  • +1 to the cellulite  :s
  • Holy rib pain, Batman. Anyone's ribs aching mostly in the back? 
    Mine bothered me all day this past Thursday. My whole mid back felt so sore and tired. It went away after I went to bed, so I was assuming it was from being upright at all the Thanksgiving stuff. Normally I get to lean back and relax.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • +1 to hip pain.  Had to sleep propped up on my rolled snoogle & pillow last night due to acid reflux (I knew I shouldn't eat cherry pie w/ ice cream an hour before bed)...  It was the best two hours of sleep I've had in forever.  I think I might end up sleeping in the nursery recliner every night once it gets delivered.

Also, due to constant stuffiness, I wake up with dry mouth so painful that I can barely move everything enough to re-salivate it all.  We've been running the humidifier and it hasn't even been that cold here (so the heater is not running full time yet).  Anyone have any magic ideas for the mouth breathing issue? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MLRocha due you strictly mouth breathe or is it from having a dried out nose? I was getting really dried out and couldn't breathe, then would wake up super thirsty with dry everything. I ended up getting a nasal spray and used it before bed for a couple nights in a row and it really helped.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 - My nose is completely stuffed up as soon as I lay down.  It does that funny thing where one nostril will clear up when I roll over, but its still not quite enough to breathe comfortably through my nose.  Maybe I'll start using my neti pot again and see if that helps.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Jab3 said:
    The BH contractions are frequent and intense and kinda scaring me. I remember having them with DS, but they were nothing like this. And with DD I didn't have them at all. So this is definitely weird.

Same. It's been making me really nervous! I can't wait until my appointment next week for hopefully some peace of mind. They're consistently 20 minutes apart all day long, which I don't think is too much to worry but it's constant.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MLRocha said:
    @kswiger06 - My nose is completely stuffed up as soon as I lay down.  It does that funny thing where one nostril will clear up when I roll over, but its still not quite enough to breathe comfortably through my nose.  Maybe I'll start using my neti pot again and see if that helps.

I know what you're talking about. I hope the neti pot helps. I'm too much of a chicken to try one of those lol :)
    Pregnancy Ticker