December 2016 Moms
Options

Present ideas for FTD

Hello everyone. I was wondering if any of you were planning on getting the first time dad's presents? I have been on strict bed rest and DH has been AMAZING, and while the babies will be excitement enough, I want to get him something special. If you are thinking of getting your DH a gift, what are you getting him?

Re: Present ideas for FTD

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will be getting DH a video game he's been wanting since he first heard about it. Release date got pushed back to end of January, so he'll get it then. Other than that, he's getting his firstborn child, something he's wanted just as much as I have.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I got him a Diaper Dude diaper bag stocked with a few things - he loved it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got him his own baby carrier and a bamboo pillow.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    I got him whiskey stones (that you freeze) and a new hunting jacket, they'll be from the baby. other than that...he gets a daughter lol
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm also getting DH a baby. 
  • Options
    New jams, slippers (just realized that he doesn't own any and has been wearing flip flops all over the house) and a movie. If she comes before Christmas I'll do a framed photo of the two of them, otherwise that will be a belated gift from baby.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    Button-down shirts for work, maybe a couple new pairs of jeans - the same stuff I get him every year. This is a guy that constantly buys himself things, and if you tried to pick out said things, he's so particular that chances are, he'd probably exchange them. Oh yeah, I'm also giving him a son. :smile:
  • Options
    Got DH a shirt that says "engineer by day, world's best dad by night" or something along those lines. Also got him a tool he lost working in the backyard (pretty sure it's buried under the dirt he was moving)... but that's not really dad related hah
  • Options
    @lisa3379 my DH is similar. He impulse buys for himself all the time and is super picky and hard to buy for. When we were first dating I bought him a whole bunch of running gear and he exchanged most of it. Now I just ask him what he wants and then I'm super specific with what I want.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What a coincidence! My husband gets an infant as well!
    ...in the past few months he got to pick a diaper bag that he would be willing to carry and I got him an ergo since he specifically mentioned it multiple times. I don't feel like he's getting shorted since he buys stuff all the time. 
    I also told him I have no wish list but he said he'd already put his info on for some Harry Potter wand makeup brushes for me lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @ashleaf2018 We don't really exchange typical gifts either. Some years we'll take a trip or just do something special. Other years we'll get something big for the house like a new tv or couch. We've agreed this year is just about baby. Between the doula and the birth classes and the baby gear, that's more than enough money spent. 
  • Options
    @tinattt23 Yes, babies are so expensive. These babies are literally the most expensive gifts all of our SO's will ever receive, probably. Makes sense to scale back and focus on baby for now. We aren't getting baby much since he'll only be three weeks old, so we're following the same motto for ourselves. But I'm hoping for our anniversary we can splurge a little and go to the Harry Potter theme park in Florida, that will more than make up for Christmas :)
  • Options
    @jptrumptone I didn't realize there was such a thing as a tactical diaper bag! My husband is in the military and the one thing he wanted for the baby was this tactical baby carrier. He just set it up this weekend and loooooves it. He's so excited that he's demanding I produce the baby now, haha.

Also at his request I just bought him The New Father, which is a follow-up to the very well-written The Expectant Father. I wouldn't say it's a Christmas present...though I could present it to him as one if I really wanted to. For realzies Christamas-wise, I got him a ceramic honey pot, a spherical ice mold, and a set of wine pairing dish towels. Very specific to his interests :)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @pensivecrayon - that's so funny - ceramic honey pot. It seems so random. I got my DH one for his birthday a couple months ago as part of his gift because he wanted one.

Just such a random husband gift to have in common!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    When we had our first I gave him the gift of sleep every other night-- one night I'd handle the baby so he could sleep in the basement and recover and vis versa.  It was way better than anything I could have ever bought him.

IVF #1 Oct 2013- cancelled 
    IVF #2 Mar 2014- success.... baby girl born 11/28/14
    FET #1 Mar 2016- baby boy due 12/16/16

• Options
    I got DH one of those new fangled 4k ultra HD tvs he's been drooling over. His birthday is Friday and that's when it's due to arrive so its counting as both. Also got him the new Pokémon game so he'd have something to do if labor drags out.

SOOOO nothing daddy/baby related, but that's just not how we are.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @SaraRose83, that's how I am too. Once I am in the clear, I want some good loving! Our ultrasound tech yesterday informed my DH that he better be thinking of a really good push present for me since the baby is measuring so large and will only get bigger in the upcoming weeks. She was suggesting jewelry to him.

I am giving him the gift of a football game on New Years Day with my brother. We will have a newborn, but I know how much he would love to see the Lions vs Packers, so when my brother asked him if he wanted to go, I said to say yes. I text my brother and told him to let me know how much he needed for the tickets and I would take care of it. I did volunteer to drive them downtown too if I am allowed to, but that they would then need to take an Uber back to the house because I am not dealing with Detroit traffic with an infant twice.

• Options
    @AbriannaO that is really nice of you about the football game. DH was offered tickets to see the Patriots @ Jets on Christmas Eve and I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO. Bad wife! :) He understood though. Seriously though they would get back at like 5 a.m. on Christmas day (Meadowlands is like 2 hours away) and it would ruin our entire first Christmas with baby (or I would still be waiting for baby or HAVING the baby!)
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    @leksiL, if it were Christmas Eve, I'd probably have more of an issue with it, but with it being New Years Day and a 1:00 pm game, that's alright. I'll still get my New Years Eve time in. Unless for some reason our baby isn't here yet...then there may be a change of plans - ha. Ford Field is only 20 minutes from our house, so it's not like he will be impossibly far in case I need him. I know my DH has been missing my brother since he moved to Maine a few months ago, so this will give them some time to catch up and hang out. Plus, it just means I don't have to go with them :smile:
  • Options
    @abriannaO - my husband would die to be at that game, or any Lions game for that matter, but seeing as we are in St. Louis he will have to settle for watching the games on his big fancy tv.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @cayaylonglegs, my DH is so freaking excited. Being a big Lions fan, he HATES the Packers, but would have never in a million years asked me if he could go to the game. So lucky for him my brother is in town and wants to go! Otherwise, he would be watching the game while holding a baby. I sure hope he doesn't forget how awesome his wife is when she wants something :wink:
  • Options
    We were going to buy a new camera to use for the baby, instead of having pics on a phone mainly. Well, since he arrived 3 weeks early... that didn't happen. My IL's were nice enough and bought us the camera we wanted, which actually was going to be on sale this Friday at Best Buy, but oh well. So, now I doubt we'll do anything for each other - which is fine.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    These are all such great ideas. I think I am going to get him slippers and pajamas and a framed pic of
    hum with the boys!
  • Options
    My husband's birthday is coming up on December 17th, and by then, he should be a new dad to a little boy, so I got him this:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/145210655X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They also made one about Darth Vader raising Princess Leia as his daughter. XD https://www.amazon.com/Vaders-Little-Princess-Jeffrey-Brown/dp/1452118698/

SO cute and funny! Otherwise, yeah, I'm giving him a baby. :P
    Type 1 Diabetic (high risk)