December 2016 Moms
Options

sunday ticker change 11/27

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

How are you feeling?

What's going on this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions

GTKY:  Are you planning on doing a baby memory book?  Which one do you have?  Do you plan on taking it to the hospital for footprints, or have you started filling it out yet?

Re: sunday ticker change 11/27

• Options

How far along are you?  37 weeks

How big is baby?  romaine lettuce, swiss chard...or let's face it, pretty much a watermelon at this point

How are you feeling?  ready for baby to come out and let my body recover.  didn't get my second visit into the chiropractor this week due to the holiday and i'm really feeling it.  resolving to just not walk more than 10 steps today if I can help it. DH has had to carry me around because my hip spasms and I end up keeled over.  thank goodness for online shopping. 

What's going on this week?  midwife/OB tomorrow after work along with BPP and NST.  hoping all is well with baby and they don't find anything off like low fluid levels.  baby is moving a ton so no concerns there. probably going to have the GBS test too, not looking forward to that, everything is sensitive down there so they better not do anything more than a swab.

Rants/Raves/Questions  rants- so I've got like 3 new moles that appeared around my nipples in the past two weeks, i know extra melanin production is normal but they look strange so I'm sure i'll have to see a dermatologist after baby comes. 

GTKY:  Are you planning on doing a baby memory book?  Which one do you have?  Do you plan on taking it to the hospital for footprints, or have you started filling it out yet?  yes, I have this one: https://www.pearhead.com/collections/books/products/chevron-babybook-1 in pink. I've thumbed through it but I can't get into filling it out yet, it would help if my printer worked and I could print out a few photos, especially with the DH and I pages.  not taking it to the hospital, we will do the footprint when we get home although I don't remember it being the easiest task. hand prints are out of the question, newborns clench their fists up so tight it's nearly impossible. I remember I couldn't make handprint ornaments for the girls until they were several months old.

• Options

How far along are you?

36 weeks :)

How big is baby?

As big as a papaya

How are you feeling?

Eh, I feel all right. I'm getting to the stage where when I sit down it's super uncomfortable because she's all up in my ribs. Honestly, I didn't feel this way with my first two but I'm ready to be done. I feel bad saying this but she can come anytime now and I'll be happy.

I have my weekly appointment on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure I'm getting the group b strep test done.

Rants/Raves/Questions

We got all our Christmas decorations and our two Christmas trees up, which makes me happy because it's a big job and just in case she decides to come early, I wanted that all done with. :)

GTKY:  Are you planning on doing a baby memory book?  Which one do you have?  Do you plan on taking it to the hospital for footprints, or have you started filling it out yet?

Nope, not doing one. I've done a shadow box for each of the boys with their hospital hat, hospital id bracelets, a newborn picture, and their stats inside, which I plan on doing for this one too. I bought a book for my oldest but never got around to filling it out so I didn't buy one for my second. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 37 weeks

How big is baby? Romaine lettuce

How are you feeling? 

Tired. I've been off work since Wednesday, but have had things to do everyday. Today is the first day I can just relax. also just really uncomfortable. 

Work all week then appointment on Friday. hoping to get some Christmas shopping done

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

I don't have a book. I like the shadow box ideas, just have to have some motivation to do it. 

• Options

How far along are you?  37 weeks

How big is baby?  Romaine lettuce

How are you feeling?  It's hit or miss most days.  Getting tired very easily and taking more naps when I can.  I don't have much motivation to do anything anymore.  Mostly I'm just ready for her to get here!

What's going on this week?  MD appointment tomorrow and chiropractor on Wednesday.  Nothing too exciting at this point.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  BIG rant from the past week - our washer and dryer both bit the dust last Monday, so we took advantage of an early Black Friday deal and ordered a new set that was to come in on Wednesday.  They did, but the washer was damaged, so we are STILL waiting for the replacement to come in this week.  DH has been taking some laundry (pretty much the essentials only) over to his coworker's house to do as she has offered us the use of her washer and dryer until we get settled with our new ones.

GTKY:  Are you planning on doing a baby memory book?  Which one do you have?  Do you plan on taking it to the hospital for footprints, or have you started filling it out yet?  We have a baby book that my MIL got us, but I've heard it's easier just to ask the nurses to stamp a set of footprints on a card and attach it in the book later, so I don't know if I want to drag the book to the hospital with us.  (FTM, so I'm not completely sure if my hospital does that or not, but I have seen it suggested.)  Haven't started filling anything else out yet, and I don't know how good I will be about it when she's actually here, so we'll see.

@mimi603107, I LOVE the idea of the shadow boxes!  I might look into doing something like that.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @amm126 @squiddy224 the nice things for me with the shadow boxes is that I basically just kept everything all together in the same place and when I had time I put it all together in the shadow box. The other thing I like about the shadow boxes is that I'm able to display it on their walls....I'm sure if I made a book I'd put it somewhere and forget all about it, but that's just the way I am lol. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 37 weeks (last one for me, I think?)

How big is baby? Romaine lettuce

How are you feeling? Pretty fine. 

What's going on this week? Well, my induction starts tonight. I have to be there in 2hrs to check in and get started on cervadil and anitbiotics. I'm so nervous I could climb a wall. 

Rants/Raves/Questions Just asking for prayers please, really nervous about this induction. 

We have the same one as @zubenescamali and yes we are taking it to the hospital with us tonight. I haven't even taken it out of the packaging yet. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck tonight @Austenista !!!! I hope it goes smoothly for you and by this time tomorrow you are welcoming a healthy baby!
  • Options
    Prayers and warm thoughts for you @Austenista
  • Options
    Good luck @austenista, thoughts and prayers that everything goes smoothly!