April 2017 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 11/26

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green?

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite part about the December holiday season?
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 11/26

• How far along are you? 18 weeks

How big is baby? Artichoke, sweet potato, tall frap at Starbucks

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team Blue

Appointments this week? Next appt isn't until 12/13...so far away.

Symptoms? I feel extremely heavy. Even my boobs feel heavy although they haven't really grown, just gotten fuller. Some RLP. Sleeping better-ish and heartburn/acid reflux calmed down this week as well.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rave: my mom took me shopping today and bought baby boy a convertible car seat and a swing/rocker! I'm so excited for him to be here. I have to keep reminding myself that I have 5 more months left. Rant: I'm at that point in my pregnancy where we've known we were having a boy for 4 weeks so everyone asks us about a name. It's starting to get irritating, not because I don't want to hear their suggestions, but because it refuels my irritation at DH for vetoing everything I suggest yet not coming up with any suggestions of his own. I printed out the top 1000 baby boy names of last year and he still hasn't even looked at it! 

GTKY: What is your favorite part of the December holiday season? 
    I love seeing the excitement and magic in my kids eyes. We set up a blow up 10 ft Santa in the front yard yesterday and they were sooooo excited. Even though my oldest no longer believes in Santa, the season is still magical.
  • Something is going on with The Bump...this post def. didn't show up for me yesterday and I didn't think to post. Anyone else?

@KirstinH88 you asked for a name for Christmas....still got a few weeks to wait ;)

How far along are you? 19 weeks. 

How big is baby? Haven't checked yet.

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? Still no ultrasound yet and still deciding about staying Team Green. 

Appointments this week? 
    Not until 12/23!  I hate waiting so long!!!  We may have the AS sometime soon but still waiting to hear about the schedule. 

Symptoms? General soreness all around, but I was very physical this week on my break (built a table, did a lot of other projects around the house, etc). Otherwise, I feel pretty normal.

Rant/Rave/Questions? We spent a good 2 hours yesterday figuring numbers.  Of course we looked at it before we got pregnant but now it's much more real.  We are at a point where my salary exactly covers daycare for 2 kids, not really a penny more. It's just a frustrating knowledge. But if I were to stay at home, expenses actually go up because we would need more groceries (daycare provides meals) and I assume I'd use more gas (I drive 8 miles a day now, that's it). So it's sort of a damned if you do and damned if you don't.  I wish I made either a chunk more or less so the decision was easier. 

I just like how cozy it is. I like the traditions and nostalgia. Now that DD is older, it's definitely more fun.  

Although, at 3, she already notices when Santas look different! What the heck kid?!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 20 weeks. Still so much to go. 

How big is baby? 10 inches from head to feet. The feels weird to say. It is so big!

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? We will hopefully find out at our ultrasound on TUESDAY!!! 2 more days!!! 

Appointments this week? 
    We have the anatomy scan on Tuesday and then I have a regular midwife appointment on Thursday. It always feels like I end up doing everything at once. I wish it was more spread out because after that I have to wait until after Christmas for the next one. 

Symptoms? The usual intense pain from my SPD. Not getting any better, slowly getting worse. :( Some crazy heartburn started this week. Like, the most intense heartburn of my entire life. I honestly thought maybe I was having chest pains or a heart attack or something the other night because it was so crazy feeling. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? We just got home last night from a week at my parent's house. I am beat. And today we have my nephew 1st birthday party today that will be many hours of helping, enjoying and then helping again. It will be fun, but I am looking forward to Monday where life goes back to a more normal rhythm. 

I love so much about it. I have made a list of stuff I want to do this year. Some things are just simple liking watching a certain Christmas movie with DD while drinking hot coco and eating christmas cookies. Other things are more of an event, like driving around to look at the lights or going shopping for a specific person's gift. I try to make the absolute most of the whole thing. I very much enjoy giving and getting gifts. I love the baking. I love the music. I love the decorating. I love being with people I like and love. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cafedisco I have a feeling he is going to make me wait until Christmas Day to throw out any ideas of his own. But he is slowly making progress on the nursery. 

That at is a tough decision on working or being a SAHM. Just remember if you decide to SAH, then you will be missing out on time you could have been working it and may reflect against you when you do decide to go back to work. Definitely a tough choice though.

@mrsstuessy good luck on Tuesday! 
  • How far along are you? 20weeks!

How big is baby? Banana or paper airplane

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team green! 

Appointments this week? Not until 12/6

Symptoms? Gas, movement and lots of it, stretching and growing pains

Rant/Rave/Questions? Scored awesome black Friday deals! 

GTKY: What is your favorite part about the December holiday season? Everything! Decorations, music, preparations...my kids' excitement. I love it all! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• belocinbelocin member
    edited November 2016
    Hello! I wanted to take a moment to reintroduce myself. I was active on the board in August but found i was comparing myself to others (i.e. strength of symptoms) and it was resulting in a lot of anxiety. I had a similar experience when pregnant with my daughter and found both times that the second tri brought a lot of clarity and an overall better mood. I've been lurking for the past seven weeks to keep up with everyone and didn't want to miss out on this community any longer. I'm looking forward to joining you ladies again. 

How far along are you? 19 weeks +1

How big is baby? Mango

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green? We are staying Team Green!

Appointments this week? Anatomy scan on 12/2! First time seeing little one since a dating scan at 8 weeks so suffice to say, I'm excited. 

Symptoms? Heartburn, left hip is in constant pain and whoa baby, is this one sitting low. Every time I sneeze, I'm not sure it could get any lower.
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • belocinbelocin member
    edited November 2016
    ETA: Alright, TB. You win. Won't let me edit my original post or get all the text in a new one. We'll try again next Saturday!
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Glad to have you back @belocin. The first tri is horrible. I completely understand that some would need a break from TB.
  • 22 weeks

coconut

team blue

no appointments this week

started getting some awful heartburn this week, bleh. Not sleeping well some nights. Hungry constantly. On the bright side, baby movements have really amped up! It feels good to know that I'm feeling baby and not just gas/muscle twitches. DH has even been able to feel baby a few times :)

gtky: I love holiday baking and looking at Christmas lights!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @KirstinH88 I feel like the only saving grace for me is that being a teacher in AZ means there will always be a job.  Now, packing up my classroom and figuring out how/where to store all my crap for a few years?! That's another story. I just found out today that a 6th grade teacher wanted to switch grade levels with me at the end of last year but my principal said no because he thought I was doing well in 4th.  I know it sounds silly to non-teachers, but 6th is my passion, hands down.  I love that age so much.  There would have been no debate about staying home if he would have moved me up. Oh well. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • How far along are you? 20 weeks.  half way there! 

How big is baby? as long as a banana

Do you know the sex yet? Team Blue, Pink, Green?  tech said girl but the baby wouldn't open its legs.  I get another ultrasound on the 8th to get more measurements that she couldn't get so I'm hoping to confirm the sex then. 

Appointments this week?  not until the 8th 

Symptoms?  my lower back had been hurting so much this time! 

Rant/Rave/Questions?  eh none really

GTKY: What is your favorite part about the December holiday season?  I live how cozy my house is indeed the soft glow of Christmas lights.  I have 5 trees.  :wink:
  • @cafedisco would the possibility of moving up to 6th still be on the table for this next year? 

@limie 5 trees!!!  :o
  • @KirstinH88  yep!  2 full sized 7+ft and 3 smaller 3 ft trees .  oh well 6 actually, my older son had a 4ft red tree.  it's red red and ugly but he likes it.  haha!