June 2017 Moms
Options

Stomach bug?

So I'm 12w and was feeling pretty normal today, actually less naseated than I have been, and all of the sudden I am violently vomiting on the side of the road. I haven't really been vomiting during peegnancy, sometimes gagging, but this was waaaayyyy worse. I felt ok afterward, but a couple of hours afterward and I feel nauseas. I've also had blood in my stool for the last day or so, but I know that can be common. Anyway, the on-call doc told me it sounds like a GI bug and not pregnancy related, and I'm not supposed to consume anything for 12 hours to see if it improves. Anyone out there get sick this season? It has me freaking out a little bit. This is my first, so maybe I'm overly nervous...

Re: Stomach bug?

• Options
    I had a stomach bug during my last pregnancy, I think around 16 weeks. Within the first few hours after it started, I was able to keep liquids down, so they weren't too concerned. As far as I understand, the major concern with repeated vomiting is dehydration, so I'm confused that they recommended not consuming anything. Did that include liquids?
  • Options
    Small amounts of liquids, yeah, but of course now I am so thirsty, I think I'm going to chew on some ice because I haven't had any issues since last night, although I am quesy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sevennsevenn member
    edited November 2016
    i had a GI bug at 6 weeks, with fever to 102F and all (about the worst time in pregnancy to ever get a fever... still terrified) but it was mostly lower GI.  I was sick for about 36 hours and then it took about 2 weeks to really recover fully.  I had some N/V during that time and couldn't tell if it was MS or just the bug, but the other symptoms and fever were giveaway that something was going on.  Not fun!!  Hope it passes quickly for you.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Options
    I have had two bugs already this pregnancy, fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. It was no fun. I hope you feel better soon.

• Options
    Thank you all!
  • Options
    Ah that sounds terrible, hope it passes quickly for you!!!