September 2016 Moms
Options

Newborn clothes

Hey Ladies! 
 I'm due in Febraury with my second and I know my first fit in newborn clothing for awhile but I can't for the life of me remember how long. We were in the middle of a move and my father passed away during that time. I got rid of all DS baby clothing up until that point and I am now trying to replenish some for our new little guy. I figured you September Moms are more fresh on how long your little ones fit newborn. I want to have enough but not too many. If you don't mind including how big your baby was at birth too that would be helpful.

Thank you so much
BabyFetus Ticker
Samuel Jacob 
Due 2/16/17

Re: Newborn clothes

• Options
    My baby was born 9 lbs. He fit into them for about 5 weeks. 
  • Options
    My LO was 5 lbs 8oz at birth. He went to 0-3 months and 3 months sleepers and pants around 8 weeks. He can still fit newborn onesies but due to length wears 3 months pants.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO was born at 7lbs2oz and she wore newborn clothing for about 7weeks. I was shocked and didn't have a whole lot of newborn outfits. 
  • Options
    6lb 13oz, she fit into newborn for about 6 wks. Just moving out of 0-3 now closing in on 12wks. And brands fit WAY different. Burt's bees newborn size STILL fits. Old navy newborn was outgrown in like 3 weeks.
  • Options
    My son was 8lbs 2oz and 21.5 inches long at birth and solidly wore newborn for 5 weeks
    before we started phasing it out. He probably could have stayed in newborn for longer but he is exceptionally tall (was in the 95% for height at 1 month and is now in the 98% at 2 months). 

Brands matter too. I feel that Carters is pretty true to size. Gerber runs TINY and Gap for the most part is true to size with some random stuff that is way large. Case in point, I bought a going home outfit for my son to wear home from the hospital. It was supposed to fit babies 7 lbs or less. I just put my 10 week old, 13 lb, 24.5 inch son in it and it fot other than the arm length being a bit short.
  • Options
    Thank you so much! That really helps me out a lot.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• Options
    I do agree that brands fit very different. My LO was born 6 lb 4oz and is 12weeks now. Still fits into most NB onzies and is just moving out of the sleepers as the length is just a bit small.