March 2017 Moms

Friday Ticker Change 11/25

How far along are you

How big is baby

Upcoming appointments this week? If not, when is your next appointment

Any new symptoms or changes

Rants/Raves/Questions

GTKY: What is on your holiday wish list?
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Friday Ticker Change 11/25

• I hope it's okay that I started this - I'm bored in a waiting room!

How far along are you? 25 weeks

How big is baby? Cauliflower or prairie dog

Upcoming appointments this week? If not, when is your next appointment? I had an OB appointment on Monday...everything looks good, but I failed my 1 hour glucose test. I'm hoping that it's because I ate like crap that day due to a work party. So now here I sit this morning doing 3 hour test which is kind of awful. I'm starving and need caffeine. Only 2.5 hours to go...  Next appointment will be on Monday.

Any new symptoms or changes? My back hurts a lot when I'm moving around. I can tell things are just "off" in that area.

Rants/Raves/Questions? My OB told me to expect the baby to be born as early as 32 weeks. Let's hope that doesn't happen, but yikes! I wish someone could tell me when the baby will actually be born so I can plan accordingly.

GTKY: What is on your holiday wish list? I need ideas which is why I asked :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 24 weeks!

How big is baby? GI Joe!

Upcoming appointments this week? If not, when is your next appointment? December 14th! Glucose screening, anemia bloodwork, ultrasound, regular appointment. It'll be a fun day.

Any new symptoms or changes? Heart palpitations when my heartburn is bad.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Why won't my toddler let me binge watch Gilmore Girls?

GTKY: What is on your holiday wish list? Honestly, there really isn't much of anything on my list. Most of the stuff I want would be for T2. I have so much ~stuff~ I need to get rid of already.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Loading the player...
  • @KellyT22 no worries - feel free to start this whenever you'd like. I just came on here to start it myself when I saw you beat me to the punch. It's sentinels nice to have GTKY questions that someone else made up :). I'm sorry you're having to take the crazy 3 hour long test and I hope it comes back GD free! 

@datalover13 I'm sorry to hear about the palpitations... they can be the worst. Try drinking ice cold water - sometimes it will help. As an added helpful side effect, it often also helps with acid reflux! 

How far along are you? 24 weeks

How big is baby? A Philly cheesesteak of a puffin

Upcoming appointments this week? If not, when is your next appointment? Next appointment is GD testing... anyone know the rate of GD? It seems like an abnormally high number of ladies in this group are testing positive for it... 

Any new symptoms or changes? Insomnia. Likely related to back pain, lots of fetal movement, and heartburn/acid reflux galore. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Thanksgiving was amazing but I ate so much that i was uncomfortable. I feel like I'm out of room in there... too much food and I can't breathe right! 

GTKY: What is on your holiday wish list? Someone asked me recently for a Christmas list and I couldn't think of a single thing. I've been so caught up in thinking about all the things we need for baby that I never considered what I might want if need... honestly the cost of having a kid is so expensive, I would rather just have something off my registry. Is that rude for me to say? 
  • @Justanotherusername16 I'm not sure what the actual rate is, but I guess that failing the first test is somewhat common. Maybe just eat low sugar/low carb a day or two before the test. I don't recommend eating nothing but brownies and orange juice...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 thanks for the tip!! I failed my 1 hour with DS1 but passed the 3 hour. The percent failure for the 1 hour that pass the 3 hoir was a lot higher than I expected then, but of course I can't remember that number now.
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • How far along are you? 26 weeks

How big is baby? Size of a bowling pin 

Upcoming appointments this week? If not, when is your next appointment
    Tuesday for my 1hr glucose screen and regular OB appt

Any new symptoms or changes? Yes. TW
     Wednesday was a scary day, you guys. I woke up, went about my normal morning routine, peed a couple times, felt totally fine... then went pee again and looked in the toilet and saw BLOOD. Not a ton, but a pretty considerable amount. I'm PGAL, so I immediately assumed the worse. And baby girl typically doesn't move around for me until mid-morning, so I couldn't reassure myself with that. My OB was able to see me right away and everything checked out just fine! The bleeding stopped and hasn't happened since. He couldn't give me more than a theory as to why it happened-- basically, his guess is that there was a small bleed from my placenta which is low-lying but has moved up. There's no sign of any placenta issues now, but he said maybe it happened awhile ago and my body just now expelled the blood? it wasn't old looking blood, so idk about that. But I'm relieved that everything appears to be fine. 

Other than that, nothing new. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I started seeing a chiropractor recently and it has REALLY helped my low back / SI joint pain. 

GTKY: What is on your holiday wish list?
    IIve been struggling with this too! I told DH that I'd love a long, cozy robe because I am always feeezing when I wake up. That's all I've come up with so far. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @MahiMama oh my gosh that's so scary!! I'm glad everything turned out all right.
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17