Least favorite?
Unique side dishes?
BabyFetus Ticker
Married: 12-04-06 
Annabelle: 1-1-08
Patrick: 8-15-10
EDD: 4-20-17

Re: GTKY-Thanksgiving Edition

• Hmmmm, my favorite is probably green bean casserole.

Least fave is yam casserole.  I love fresh sweet potatoes, but I can't hang with the casserole.

My family was introduced to cornbread casserole a few years ago and it is SO GOOD.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My favorite is stuffing, least favorite is sweet potato casserole due to how sweet it is.

I come from a Chinese background so it's perfect acceptable to have take out such as dumplings as side dishes too lol.
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My favorite is mashed potatoes as long as it's done right. Creamy, not lumpy. 
    Least favorite is cranberry sauce.

My dads Thanksgiving is today and it's probably my favorite because they always have a ton of appetizers/junk beforehand. I love snacking and grazing. I'm bringing a buffalo chicken dip, and my dad makes salami with cream cheese and peppercinis rolled up, it's the best. Not to mention the homemade rice krispie treats! Not even sure I will eat a meal today, might just have all the garbage before!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Favorites are either yams or stuffing. Least favorites are green bean casserole or cranberry sauce. Although I could also eat a dozen kings Hawaiian dinner rolls right now too. 
  • @KirstinH88 my H makes those salami rolls and they are SO yummy! I've never heard of anyone else doing them, ha ha
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @twistsandturnsto2 I rarely hear of people making them either! I've seen people make them with ham instead of salami and pickles or jalapeños instead of peppercini, but it's just not the same. I already told my sister that if I get to my dads house and those aren't made and I'm asked to make them, I can only guarantee that half of them will make it to the serving platter.  :D
  • Favorite would be sweet potatoes, fresh made rolls and possibly mashed potatoes too (with some lumps, preferably). Least favorite is green bean casserole. My family thankfully agrees, so we rarely have it, but DH's family makes all sorts of stuff I hate. ugh, I just hate having thanksgiving there. The food is a total joke compared to the food at my family's. I'm not sure about unique side dishes. We had gluten free stuffing this year that was amazing, so that is pretty unique. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love love love the stuffing :) definitely had seconds yesterday haha

I can do without the green bean casserole, not a fan of onions, even when they're fried and crispy.

My family uses chile con queso instead of gravy on the turkey and mashed potatoes and it is sooooo tasty!! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Favorites include green bean casserole, garlic mashed red potatoes, and ham. Dislike turkey, gravy, and sweet pots. No crazy sides this year because I hosted and it was just us 6 plus my brother and my parents, but I'm usually open to anything new. Really love adding in healthier options like mashed cauliflower or Brussels sprouts and some seafood like crab cakes. 
  • my favorites are a tie between all the side dishes haha. I love Broccoli cheese casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing and rolls.. I could honestly do without turkey.. Too bad this year I'm sick and couldn't taste anything, and baby decided I wasn't allowed to eat and spent the night sick anyway.  I don't think we do anything unique.. we did have buffalo wings this year which we don't normally do
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • My favorite dish is mashed potatoes. My least favorite is probably everything else! I am not a big thanksgiving food fan. I usually make a roasted garlic and butternut squash side, which isn't super unique, by not super traditional either.
  • Not a fan of Thanksgiving foods. Most of them have the texture of mush. Mush is great in moderation but, an entire plateful of it makes me want salad. I usually like the cranberry sauce and drip it over everything.

That said, I made the mashed potatoes in my kitchen aid mixer this year. It did 4lbs of potatoes no problem! I think they even seemed a tad "whipped". I also brought green beans with a parmesan mustard vinaigrette. They were the only green and crunchy thing on the table this year. Like 4 people ate them so, that qualifies as a dud. 
  • @KirstinH88 @twistsandturnsto2  I want these salami roll thingys! They sound awesome!

• @jennielynn+ @twistsandturnsto2 update to the salami rolls. Not only did I eat a massive amount while I was assembling them, I also probably ate half of what was on the platter. And honestly, I'm still craving more. I might make a trip to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients and just munch on that all day long! 
  • I go straight for the carbs. Mashed potatoes and gravy and rolls. I could have that be my whole thanksgiving dinner and be perfectly content!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm loving hearing about the different appetizers that everyone makes.  Maybe we should start a thread of just the appetizers and recipes.  LOL.
    BabyFetus Ticker