Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Naturally miscarrying a missed miscarriage

I got a call yesterday confirming what we already knew - this pregnancy is not viable.  I am 8 weeks and my hcg levels have started dropping.  I was offered a d&c on Friday, which I turned down.

Last night, as I was going to bed, I started cramping.  It didn't last long, maybe 30 mins, & they were mild (I've had worse with af).  Woke up this morning and had more cramping, but also needed the bathroom, so I assumed that may have been what was going on last night too. Now I'm cramping again.  Nothing bad, pretty much like last night.  

If you waited to miscarry naturally, how long did you cramp before you started bleeding?  How heavy was the bleeding at first?  Am I going to end up standing in a pool of blood in the middle of Thanksgiving with 20 or so people that have no clue what is going on?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Naturally miscarrying a missed miscarriage

• I am so sorry you are going through this.  I cannot share a natural miscarry experience.  I used miso, which is supposed to be a quicker option (pass everything in 4 hours).  I did not gushes of blood like others have had.  Mine was like a medium/heavy period for a few hours.  I've had worse periods when I was younger.  
    Hope everything goes quickly for you.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• My cramping happened after the major bleeding started. I bled through 2 super pads in 3 hrs the first day and bled a lot yesterday (day 3) before passing what I am pretty sure was the sac and fetus. 
    The cramps were worse than my labor contractions. But I think everyone is different.
    So sorry to see you here, I was also on the July board.
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't have cramping til after the major bleeding started. Both were severe enough that I wouldn't want to deal with it during a holiday.  :(
  • So sorry you have to go through this  :(
  • Thanks for your responses.  Cramping was on and off yesterday, but fortunately no bleeding.  Today they're a little worse, but still not bad.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic