Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: Tell us how you do Thanksgiving?! 

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 11/22

• Options
    For those with an EDD of 6/6, 6/13, 6/20, and 6/27 

How far along are you? 12 weeks 

How big is baby? plum 

Upcoming appointments this week? none for awhile

Any new symptoms or changes?  ms is starting to get worse at night time, oh and the recent reflux  :s 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm at the point where I feel useless, my house is a disaster! I wouldn't even hire a maid at this point, cause I would want them to judge how messy this place is  :| 

GTKY: Tell us how you do Thanksgiving?! we live across the country from family, so this year we are celebrating with friends. We are used to havin our thanksgiving meal more as a early dinner, our friends want to do it at lunch because of football  (eye roll) football is literally the last thing on our minds. We are also struggling with the differences in food preferences, so this year is going to be wayyy different of a experience for us. 
  • Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    edited November 2016
    @keniialise I love football and now find it crazy that some people don't like it. Growing up, my mom would always take me shopping while my dad and brothers watched football and I feel like she caused me to miss out for so many years! 

How far along are you?
    11 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Brussel sprout or lime

Upcoming appointments this week?
    Monday the 28th!

Any new symptoms or changes?  
    I thought I was feeling better, then threw up for the first time last night, so that was fun. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Happy that it is a short week, but already feeling guilty that I have to bring my dog to boarding for a few days tomorrow. Knowing how bad I feel about leaving him makes me very scared for how crazy I might be over this baby!

We also don't live near any family so we end up traveling for most holidays. This year is Thanksgiving with DH's side of the family, so we are heading to MN. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MKRLTX oh no we are huge football fans, in fact that's pretty much all that is ever on in this house. Just not on thanksgiving, I don't care if it's on at all I just don't want it to be the center of attention... and that's what my Texan friends are all about. 
  • Options
    For those with an EDD of 6/6, 6/13, 6/20, and 6/27 

How far along are you? 12 weeks

How big is baby? A plum! 

Upcoming appointments this week? Today! We had a great NT scan, baby was rolling around and waving. 

Any new symptoms or changes?  Morning sickness came back with a vengeance. Finally caved and got a prescription for it so hopefully that helps.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Had our NIPT a week ago and really hoping the results come back before Thanksgiving (tomorrow!) so we can announce our pregnancy with all the info.

GTKY: Tell us how you do Thanksgiving?! A traditional dinner with all the fixings-twice in one day-once with my in-laws' and once with my family. I'm so excited but I doubt I'll be able to eat. My one year old loves her food so it'll be cute to see her trying a bunch of new things.

• Options
    How far along are you? 12 weeks 

How big is baby? Plum 

Upcoming appointments this week? I had two yesterday (regular ob and high risk)

Any new symptoms or changes?  So tired. Waiting to be less tired any day now please. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I've had a tension headache two nights in a row. This needs to stop. 

GTKY: Tell us how you do Thanksgiving?! We do non-traditional for the US, I guess. We have turkey but we also have pernil (I don't know the English translation, pork of some sort I know that), arroz con gandules, pasteles, and my husband is making macaroni and cheese because I want it badly. My parents also make a Puerto Rican dessert (tembleque) but my FIL is bringing pecan pie. So, a American/Puerto Rican mixed Thanksgivng. I'm so hungry now writing this out. 
  • Options
    Pernil is pork shoulder. I can't believe I never knew that. Sheesh. 
  • Options
    Hey I responded yesterday! Now it's not here.. Did my entry get deleted or am I having technology problems ?
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? Lime

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, not until next Friday

Any new symptoms or changes?  Nausea has come back strong. Ugh.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I thought I was done with the nausea. I felt great last week. Ugh.

GTKY: Tell us how you do Thanksgiving?! we will be having lunch at my aunts house and then driving to see my husband's family. Hoping I'm not too tired for the drive after turkey!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    12weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Plum
    Upcoming appointments this week?
    Nope
    Any new symptoms or changes?  
    Actually throwing up in my mouth when I gag. This is fun (note the sarcasm)
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    So. Over. Being. Tired!!!
    We do a potluck that leans towards traditional. This makes it so much easier on whoever hosts. My sister hosted yesterday so I made the turkey and stuffing, Dad brought a ham, Sister's mom brought ribs, and everyone else brought sides. It was fantastic and everyone ate themselves silly then split the leftovers.