March 2017 Moms

March Multiples Mamas Check-In Week of 11/21

1. How far along are you? 

2. How many multiples are you expecting? What sex are they?

3. Any recent appointment updates? 

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc? Any current cravings or aversions?

5. Best moment with the babies this week?

6.  Did you buy anything this week for the babies? Did you see anything that would be awesome for multiples?

7. What is your favorite childhood memory of Thanksgiving? Do you plan to try and recreate it with your littles?

8. Anything else you want to share this week, questions, concerns, etc?

Here is our list of currently participating mamas and what we're each expecting!
afbaby0715 mo-mo girls
anonellis di-di boys
direwolfmini di-di boys
Finallyhismrs07 boy/girl
Liss_37 di-di boys
mrsyimster mono-di girls
WF7968 di-di boys
AandDM2014 GBG triplets
ccook1211 BGBG quads
About us:
Me - 28, Lean PCOS
DH - 31
Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

Re: March Multiples Mamas Check-In Week of 11/21

• 1. How far along are you?
    22 weeks 5 days

Two: di/di boys

Appointment tomorrow. TV ultrasound to check cervix only. Boring, I hope.

Feeling pretty good! I took the week off and have enjoyed not having to run around so much Saturday & Sunday. I've been trying really hard to get things cleaned up and organized. 

I've taken to having an Earl Grey tea latte every morning during the weekend. (Its a good way to sneak in some extra milk into my diet), and they go NUTS after I have it. The little bit of sugar, caffeine, and the warmth of the tea makes them kick and flip like crazy. 

6.  Did you buy anything this week for the babies? Did you see anything that would be awesome for multiples?
    I've been working on my registry, mostly. Trying to figure out how much I'm going to have to buy myself once I have my shower. It's becoming a problem that I've spent so much time thinking (obsessing) about. I've been adding and removing items. Trying to find the best items, then trying to find the best deals... Really trying not to spend money at the moment.

Though this is probably the worst timing EVER, my husband quit his job last week. Background: The company hit some financial troubles and rather than being upfront with my husband, they strung him along for months. He was supposed to be full time with benefits in August (he started as contract to hire), and they made him wait. Eventually, his checks started coming a couple days late, then a couple weeks late... the last one never came. This is NOT WHAT I NEED WHILE PREGNANT WITH TWINS. Fortunately, he's in an "in demand" field and shouldn't have an issue finding a job, but I want him to find THE RIGHT JOB because I'm not planning on working after the babies are born. Not planning on working because my salary is trash, so I'm a bit stressed right now and upset that I can't "nest" like a normal pregnant woman.

Anyway, back on track to the actual questions. These are the items that my TWIN group swear by:
    Table for two: A total necessity if you intend to bottle feed. Great secondary resale. https://buytablefortwo.com/
    Baby Brezza: Basically a Baby bottle Keurig https://www.babybrezza.com/product/formula-pro/ again
    Twin Z Nursing Pillow: https://www.twinznursingpillow.com/
    Hannah Andersson Slipper Mocassins: (once they're old enough to walk).https://www.hannaandersson.com/pdp.aspx?styleid=40152&clr=011 (check for sales on Zulily/other sites).

I'm keeping an eye on things that keep getting recommended/come up for sale and sell really quickly. I'll pass on other suggestions as I see them!

7. What is your favorite childhood memory of Thanksgiving? Do you plan to try and recreate it with your littles?
    Thanksgiving is a holiday that is usually a hot mess for me. My parents are divorced, but didn't get divorced until I was in my 20's. We do Xmas eve with my dad and Xmas day with my mom but they share Thanksgiving. One lunch and one dinner (a pregnant lady's dream!). Now I suppose I'll just have two babies along for the ride! We don't have any specific traditions. Most of my memories of Thanksgiving are of our happy family, pre-divorce. The divorce was messy. Lots of hard feelings, so it feels weird to look back on the good times.

Sending positive vibes for our two bed rest mamas: @afbaby0715  @mrsyimster (but your bed rest didn't start yet, right?) Hoping that everything is going well!

Is anyone else planning on attempting breastfeeding? I started the process to get my breast pump through insurance and was wondering which one everyone was planning on getting. I'm fortunate that my insurance covers almost any pump. I'm considering the Spectra S1 https://insurancecoveredbreastpumps.com/product/spectra-s1-hospital-strength-with-battery/ I know most people swear by Medela pumps, but this one has some great reviews and is a closed system, and can run on battery or by being plugged in. I joined a breast feeding twins group and it seemed like many of the ladies were recommending the Spectra over Medela, but the Medela has the better accessories. 

My insurance doesn't have a rule on how long I have to wait to get my pump, so they will send it well in advance of the twin's birth. Hoping that my husband gets his work situation settled so that I can get a second through that insurance. HOPEFULLY we'll overlap insurance for a couple of months. 

Also, sorry for the whiny/woe is me post. Thanks for listening.
  • 1. How far along are you? 
    19+2

3, girl boy girl

Nope, my next one isn't until next Monday. I'm hoping to find out when he'd recommend switching over to the MFM at the hospital I will delivery at.

Heartburn has been a nightmare yesterday and today. I haven't been able to find much relief, and if it continues I'll definitely ask my doc what I can do.

I'm pretty sure I felt movement two different times, but as always hearing their heartbeats on Saturday was awesome.

Since we're going to be moving I'm holding off on buying anything for them yet. If I see a really great carseat deal on Black Friday I may buy, but I doubt I will. This past week I put two different sling carriers on my registry, and I saw this really cool food station thing for making your own food pouches that I also put on my registry.

I'd say either going to Yosemite or Disneyworld. We used to do vacations for Thanksgiving week which was always super fun. I hope that in the future we can take our kiddos to cool places during the off-ish season!

Not at the moment, unless you guys know a good solution for heartburn.

@direwolfmini I definitely plan to try my very best to breastfeed. Having PCOS can make it difficult/impossible, but we're going to do everything we can to make it work. I have a Medela Freestyle, but I'm definitely going to ask about getting a hospital grade one once we get closer and I'm with my new MFM. That is wonderful that your insurance will send it in advance. I know some won't, which sucks. And yikes about DH leaving his job. Hopefully he finds a new. better one quickly! 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • @direwolfmini  - I plan on breastfeeding. I am doing my best not to set myself up for failure in knowing that feeding twins will be a lot and I may need to supplement etc, but it is a goal I have always had to breastfeed my babies for a year and so I am going to try and not let the fact that they are coming at the same time deter me from that. I am leaning towards the Medela because of the accessories. I did also find out that if the babies need NICU time and I have to be discharged from the hospital before they are, my insurance will cover the rental of a hospital grade pump if the Medela isn't working well enough for up to 3 months. Also, good luck with the DH being out of work. That sounds incredibly stressful but I am sure you guys are going to come out on top! :)

1. How far along are you? - 25 weeks & 4 days

2. How many multiples are you expecting? What sex are they? Di/Di Twins - Boy/Girl :)

3. Any recent appointment updates?  - Nothing lately. We have our next growth ultrasound in a week (next Tuesday) to make sure they are both still growing along. 

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc? Any current cravings or aversions? - I'm doing okay. I have been under a ton of stress which I know isn't good for the babies and so I am working on that. I am also facing my first head cold and this majorly sucks with no meds! Hoping to be over it by Thursday because I want to cuddle my new little cousin (6 weeks old!)

5. Best moment with the babies this week? -  We had our maternity pictures taken this weekend and that was pretty fun. It was nice to get away for a couple of days with DH. 

6.  Did you buy anything this week for the babies? Did you see anything that would be awesome for multiples? - We haven't bought anything lately. I have tweaked my registries a bit since we have our first shower a week from Sunday but we are trying to hold off on purchasing anything until after that. 

7. What is your favorite childhood memory of Thanksgiving? Do you plan to try and recreate it with your littles? - Thanksgiving at my house was always just full of people. My grandma still hosts so it is them and their three kids with their kids and now the great-grands. It is loud and chaotic and there is lots of food. I'm looking forward to the babies being able to experience that. 

8. Anything else you want to share this week, questions, concerns, etc? - If anybody knows of any home remedies for congestion and cold (other than the rinses and what-not that you run through your nose (those make me gag and vomit....lovely I know!)...I've just been drinking lots of hot tea and vitamin C.

Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• How far along are you?  22 weeks today 

2. How many multiples are you expecting? What sex are they? Di Di twin boys 

3. Any recent appointment updates? Yes I had an us and mfm appt yesterday. Baby B has a very small dark spot on his heart. They said it could be heart defect, abnormality or a soft marker (but that there are no other markers that something is wrong with him and the anatomy scan showed all else is normal.) it could also be absolutely nothing.  Trying not to get too worried about it right now.

They said they aren't concerned right now because he looks so great so I go for another us in 4 weeks and they will check again to see if it's still there or gotten bigger smaller etc. 

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc? Any current cravings or aversions? Super exhausted. Like ridiculous tired. Mfm is putting me off work as of December 1st to rest more. I'm happy about it. 

5. Best moment with the babies this week? Feeling them kick a ton now and I love it 

6.  Did you buy anything this week for the babies? Did you see anything that would be awesome for multiples? I got super cute curtains for their room that have anchors on them.  

7. What is your favorite childhood memory of Thanksgiving? Do you plan to try and recreate it with your littles? I don't really have any favourite memories of thanksgiving 

just if people can send baby b a quick prayer I would appreciate it 

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• @Finallyhismrs07 I bet mat pics were fun! Your Thanksgiving does sound quite loud and chaotic, but fun! I'm sorry, I don't know of any good remedies other than the Neti pot, which you don't want to use, though I think if it makes you vomit you're using it just a bit wrong. But I understand: DH refuses to even look at the one we have, but I happily use it! Have you tried different kinds of tea? I have a tea store in my mall that sells loose leaf varieties, and of them is called something like cold 911 that supposedly can help make you feel better.

@Liss_37 I'm sorry they saw something in your ultrasound yesterday, but hopefully in 4 weeks everything will look okay.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @direwolfmini at home bed rest. but hospital not yet. <3 hope your hubby finds a new job soon. Do you know if i can add the Table for Two on any registries?

SaveSave
  • @liss_37 sorry about what they saw, but hope and pray it is nothing and it will clear itself out <3

SaveSave
  • @mrsyimster I don't think any of the mainstream baby stores carry the Table for Two :/ I couldn't even find it on Babylist. Seriously, whenever one comes up for sale in my swap group someone jumps on it within like 5 min. The resale on it is really really good, usually they go for $150-$200 in that swap group. 

I read through their Facebook feed and it looks like they run occasional sales over holidays (like Labor Day, Memorial day) for 10% off. Maybe they'll do a Thanksgiving or Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale?
  • 1. How far along are you? 25 weeks

2. How many multiples are you expecting? What sex are they? Di-Di Boys

3. Any recent appointment updates? Had glucose test this week and passed.  BP has been elevated the past 2 visits, so I'm going to a 2 week schedule to monitor more closely.  

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc? Any current cravings or aversions?  Starting to get some swelling in my ankles in hands.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I had no swelling problems with my first pregnancy.  

5. Best moment with the babies this week?  They have been kicking more.  They were kicking while the doctor was trying to listen to the heartbeats.  

6.  Did you buy anything this week for the babies? Did you see anything that would be awesome for multiples?  I didn't buy anything but my mom and sis bought a whole bunch of little sleepers.  Yay for first boy clothes!

7. What is your favorite childhood memory of Thanksgiving? Do you plan to try and recreate it with your littles?  I always helped my mom cook.  My DD really enjoys helping me.  We made several things to get ready for tomorrow.  Hope the boys like helping me cook too!

@Liss_37 - Prayers!  Hope every thing looks good at the next US.  

@direwolfmini - I plan to breastfeed.  I had a hard time with DD and ended almost exclusively pumping.  Hoping for smoother sailing this time around.  I used a medela freestyle and liked it a lot.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Too cute not to share with you ladies as I decorate for Christmas today.  DD and my 2 boys ❤️.  Happy Thanksgiving all!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love it!! So cute!! 

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken