February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (11/21)

Re: Weekly Randoms (11/21)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm going to give my hosts a bunch of chocolate and a flower bouquet each at Thanksgiving dinner Thursday. I know bouquets are a controversial gift but they're both known to enjoy them.  May also add wine. 
    Are bouquets controversial in general or just as a gift for shower hostesses?  I've never heard of that, and usually give my girlfriends flowers for most occasions along with wine or something (hostess gifts, etc).  Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something on the etiquette rules....
  • @ohstars @PerraSucia controversial may not be quite the right word. I hear a lot of people say things like "I'd never want you to spend that much money on something that will just die!" but my MIL is a flower nut and my mom loves them too. Personally I love getting bouquets, even though they don't last forever, but they seem to be falling out of favor in my circle. 
  • I don't think they are controversial.  I think they are a little frowned upon if you bring them as a hostess gift to a dinner party or something like that because then the host has to find a vase to put them in and display them while she is already a little busy hosting... and she probably already has flowers/centerpieces for the table for the occasion.  I think this is a super picky attitude though, and most people would still appreciate the flowers.
  • homemake said:
    The carbon footprint, man... but I do love some flowers.
    That is a really good point. Ugh. It's nice in the summer when there are plenty of local options!
  • @ohstars @PerraSucia controversial may not be quite the right word. I hear a lot of people say things like "I'd never want you to spend that much money on something that will just die!" but my MIL is a flower nut and my mom loves them too. Personally I love getting bouquets, even though they don't last forever, but they seem to be falling out of favor in my circle. 
    That's why I usually do potted plants. If you want to cut them off and put them in a vase you can or if you want to leave them in the pot that works, or you can plant them outside if you wish. I also try to make sure the pot is cute too so you can re-purpose it for something if the plant dies or you decide to do something else with it. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @MissMerciBeaucoup we just got a gift card to a fancy shmancy restaurant off of OpenTable for my Baby Shower host and her boyfriend to enjoy a date night out, and considered what one appetizer, two dinners, and approx. 4 drinks would cost.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • krob said:
    @scottipino i have never heard of cranberry fluff or cranberry jalapeño dip. but i am thoroughly intrigued by the cranberry jalapeño dip. those are two of my fave ingredients. i can't imagine them combined together. 
    Also intrigued! Recipe, @scottipino?
  • MommaBean said:
    krob said:
    @scottipino i have never heard of cranberry fluff or cranberry jalapeño dip. but i am thoroughly intrigued by the cranberry jalapeño dip. those are two of my fave ingredients. i can't imagine them combined together. 
    Also intrigued! Recipe, @scottipino?
    +1 for needing that recipe!
  • @kswiger06 get outta here with that. It looks fantastic and super cute. Just don't steal anything from Little Cindy Lou Who, and you'll be fine.
    Lol I took a picture today of just my top half like a HDBD pic for my 29 week pic... it looks cute, but when I saw full length I was like yikes!!! Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 LOL!!! Omg. #1 you don't look like the grinch #2 I love that you made that connection. You are obviously in the holiday mood. #3 Did your bump grow three sizes today? ;-)
  • @kswiger06 You look great! I think we are all starting to feel large these days, but don't let it get to you!

@poetryandoceans The future women in his life will thank you one day for that life lesson. My Lord, someone needs to teach these boys things!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @MrsLittleMac preach woman! Worked suuuuuucked last night and I'll be back at it in a couple hours! I used to think nothing was worse than going to work when you're ready for a turkey coma. I was wrong... going to work when you're ready to slip into a turkey coma and pregnant is much worse!
  • @marriedhamstermom you look fantastic. And crazy one of my friends has a black pom named Dexter! what are the chances!?!?!!
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • You look awesome @marriedhamstermom! I think that whether we're carrying big or small, everyone just needs to leave us alone about it. And why do these comments come from moms? Is it part of the whole pregnancy amnesia phenomenon?
  • @marriedhamstermom, you look beautiful and your bump looks just right! That's a very nice picture of you and your DH. 
  • Sorry for the late response.  Here is a link to the recipe for the cranberry jalapeño dip.  It isn't spicy in at all in my opinion, just great flavors
    https://www.melskitchencafe.com/cranberry-jalapeno-cream-cheese-dip-sugar-rush-reinvented-7/